Man arrested 4 carrying Ammonium Nitrate near Pentagon

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Wolfmoon, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    See any red flags?

June 17, 2011

An Ethiopian-born man was arrested for carrying a backpack with “suspicious items and products” at the Arlington National Cemetery.

“Yonathan Melaku, 22, a naturalized U.S. citizen was arrested Friday around 1:30 a.m. on suspicion of trespassing. The FBI said he was carrying "items which caused initial concerns about the public's safety.”

Melaku is a Marine Corps reservist lance corporal who is Muslim, remains in the custody. Charges have not been filed. He ran from the police but was caught then he told officers that his backpack was full of bomb making materials, “including ammonium nitrate, a compound used as a fertilizer and as a component of explosives.”

Also, in his backpack was a notebook containing threatening phrases like "Al Qaeda," "Taliban rule" and "defeated coalition forces."
    The backpack contained five pounds of supposedly ammonium nitrate although testing came back negative. Further testing will be done.

Melaku joined the Marine Corps Reserve in 2007. He has been awarded the National Defense Service Medal and the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal. “He is currently listed as a motor vehicle operator with Combat Engineer Support Company, 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division, according to the FBI.” Melaku resides in Alexandria, Va.

Suspect in Custody for 'Suspicious' Backpack Is Marine Corps Reservist
    Pentagon on alert after Marine arrested at Arlington National Cemetery
    Man Suspected of Carrying Ammonium Nitrate in Backpack Taken into Custody near Pentagon

2. BolshevikHunter

BolshevikHunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +273
    I find this a little strange buddy, the story that is.

Am I missing something here? The backpack contained 5 pounds of supposedly nitrate? But the testing came back negative? :razz:

Then it never contained it to begin with. What if he told them that he had a few sticks of dynamite, but they turned out to be a package of hotdogs after testing. Would the backpack still have supposedly contained dynamite? Would there be further testing on the hotdogs or not? :confused:

Know what I think? It sounds like a load of bullshit. Their story that is. ~BH

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,976
    It says supposedly, because the person with the backpack made the claim.

4. Wolfmoon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    The real question is how can we stop this? Maybe we should pass laws that only second or even third generation immigrants can serve in the military or hold public office.

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,976
    His being an immigrant isn't the problem, his being a Muslim is. We should bar all Muslims from immigrating to the US. We should expell all Muslims that are not citizens and we should remove religious status from all Muslim sites in this Country.

80 percent of Mosques in this country preach hate and Jihad. The 1st amendment does not protect religions that break the laws of the land.

6. Wolfmoon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    You got that right! :clap2:

7. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,058
    Can you cite the source for the "80 percent"?

8. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,976
    Already provided in another thread, it has stayed stead at 80 percent for several years.

9. Wolfmoon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    In 2010 the current population in the United States was 308,745,538 according to the census bureau. In 2009 Pew Research reported that in America there was a 2.5 million Muslim population. That is 0.8% of the U.S. population.

A 2007 Pew Research report, reported that 23% of Muslims are illegal aliens. In the same study they said that 78% of Americans are concerned about Islamic extremist in the U.S. The study also said that younger U.S. Muslims are more readily accepted suicide bombing in defense of Islam that older Muslims.

Source:

Pew Research Center
    “Muslim Americans MIDDLE CLASS AND MOSTLY MAINSTREAM”

Page 47
    23% of Muslims in America are not U.S. Citizens.

Page 53
    The American population as a whole is somewhat more concerned about Islamic extremism in the U.S. than are Muslim Americans: 78% of the public say they are very or somewhat concerned about Islamic extremism at home.

Page 53
    Younger Muslims in the U.S. are more willing to accept suicide bombing in defense of Islam than are their older counterparts.

Page 53 – 54
    Can suicide bombing be Justified?
    Younger Muslims in the U.S. are more willing to accept suicide bombing in defense of Islam than are their older counterparts. Among Muslims younger than 30, for example 15% say that suicide bombing can often or sometimes be justified (2% often, 13% sometimes)

Page 54
    Muslims in the U.S. have a very (1%) or somewhat (4%) favorable view of al Qaeda.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  10. Wolfmoon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    What I find interesting is that there are 2.5 million Muslims in the United States and 23% are not U.S. citizens and our government doesn't find that alarming. There were only 19 terrorist that took down the twin towers.

There are 575,000 illegal alien Muslims in the country. Are these illegal alien Muslims some of the 4% that have a favorable view of al Qaeda?

How did they get here? Well, we know for an absolute fact that many came across the Southern border with Mexican human smugglers and some have over stayed their visas.

We need to close the Southern border and deport all illegal aliens! Get a Spine American and Demand it!!!