Mammagram. They Found Something in my Breast

Take heart, TPS. You are actually a very good liar.

All the same, I wish you the best. Chances are that you will be fine and back again to spew your hatred against compassionate liberals.

:lol:

You can confide in your sister and she will tell you that you can get through this. Many women are being saved thanks to meds and everything.
You will get through this and you will survive.
Many on this board will pray for you including me.
Believe me you will be OK.
It might also be something else and not cancer.

I know.

I wouldn't be nearly so worried about this, if I wasn't in the high risk group because my sister already has survived the same cancer.

But maybe I should talk to my sister. I'll try to call her some time this weekend.

She's never home on Friday night.

"because my sister already has survived"

Hold that positive statement you made honey, make the call to your sis and read Grace's post again and again. One day at a time and all best wishes for a good positive result. I feel very sad for the position you are in and will be thinking of you. (((T)))

Last edited:
I got a call five minutes ago. I got the results of my mammagram.

They found something.

They want me to come back for more extensive tests.

Oh Lord. My sister already survived breast cancer, and she got it at the same age I am now.

What am I going to do?

My husband is already very sick. I was up all night with him in the emergency room.

How can I tell him? He's got too much on his plate right now. I can't worry him as sick as he is!

I've never been so scared in all my life.

Who can I tell?

That's why I've put it here. I have to get this off my chest to someone. I can't tell my kids. I can't tell my kids.

Flame me. I don't care if you flame me. I really don't.

As a matter of fact I want you to joke and flame me about it.

Let me blow off the steam here and feel better about it.

So, long as I keep MY BIG MOUTH SHUT to my husband. I don't want to weaken. I can't tell him about this now. He's too sick with these headaches to add this stress to his plate.

I wouldn't be so scared if my sister hadn't already been through this.

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

You need to tell him. He is going to know something is wrong regardless. You need to be on the same page. I'm Praying for you. ;)

Tell every one TPS.

They might surprise you.

Family comes together for stuff like this.

Follow the advice of doctors and don't get depressed. Everything is managable. You will probably have a long life.

Good luck.

They found something.

Oh Lord. My sister already survived breast cancer, and she got it at the same age I am now.

What am I going to do?

My husband is already very sick. I was up all night with him in the emergency room.

How can I tell him? He's got too much on his plate right now. I can't worry him as sick as he is!

Who can I tell?

That's why I've put it here. I have to get this off my chest to someone. I can't tell my kids. I can't tell my kids.

So, long as I keep MY BIG MOUTH SHUT to my husband. I don't want to weaken. I can't tell him about this now. He's too sick with these headaches to add this stress to his plate.

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

I'm new to this message board but I would like to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am very sorry for your situation. <3

Welp. My husband found out without me.

I wasn't counting on them sending me a letter as well notifying me of the results.

He gave it to me and told me to read it.

I looked at it, already knowing what the letter would say, pretended to read it, and told him, "Yeah, it's fine."

I guess I'm not a good liar. He picked up, I was trying to blow the whole thing off and asked to see the letter.

Crap . . .

I hope this doesn't cause him to have another headace. Damn!

I will say a prayer for you and your family...

They found something.

What am I going to do?

Who can I tell?

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

The worst thing is to ignore it. You must tell your husband, but don't do it until you get results. Benign breast lumps are not uncommon. It's amazing how much support you get from your spouse.

Most of the time, it's nothing, but if it is, talk to your doctor. If you don't have insurance, talk to the doctor at the emergency room. They are knowledgeable and most are willing to suggest a course of action.

It would seem that this is the first time that "something was found" where previous tests were clean, correct?

That's good because it's likely treatable without surgery. My wife and daughter both went through the "found something" stage and both were glad to learn it was just small fatty benign lumps or cysts.

The usual procedure is to evaluate the condition and maybe a biopsy. Your prognosis is very encouraging.

Here is something that many women don't think of when having breast augmentation. Areas of tissue are "blank" to the x-ray machine when doing mamograms. And insurance companies may not approve an MRI. So girls, consult your doctor before surgury.

As far as your husband is concerned try acupuncture, great strides have been made in the US
with this Asian technique for just these sort of headaches. I have a close friend who is suffering along these lines, traditional medical treatment did not help except tell him what was not the cause(s).

The first secession with acupuncture reduced the headaches by 50%, the second secession reduced the pain to "I hardly notice it" stage. He is waiting for the third and final session. He has his life back.
If it returns then he has an inexpensive, proven remedy.

Stay calm, keep your spirits up and drink lots of water. Information is your friend, no need to be afraid.

Last edited:
You can confide in your sister and she will tell you that you can get through this. Many women are being saved thanks to meds and everything.
You will get through this and you will survive.
Many on this board will pray for you including me.
Believe me you will be OK.
It might also be something else and not cancer.

I know.

I wouldn't be nearly so worried about this, if I wasn't in the high risk group because my sister already has survived the same cancer.

But maybe I should talk to my sister. I'll try to call her some time this weekend.

She's never home on Friday night.

i know we aren't on the same page, but this is non-political, imo. so if i may...

My mom is a breast cancer survivor for 28 years.

i had some scares. one so bad that my surgeon didn't trust the results of the needle biopsy and made me go for a surgical biopsy b/c he thought for sure what he saw was cancer. it wasn't. during the month it took to find out i was fine, i blew 8 smoke free years and smoked for 4 years after that. (i've quit again).

best advice i can give is the advice that was given me some years ago...

don't bleed til you're cut. don't freak out b/c whatever it is, it is. it is, most likely, a false alarm and you will breathe a sign of relief. if, g-d forbid, it's precancerous or cancerous, it will be addressed and treated.

good luck.

Keeping you in prayer TPS.

It is good that your husband knows. You wouldn't have wanted him to keep something like that from you no matter how sick you were. And your kids need to know too. You don't want to teach them that they shouldn't talk about what is going on with them.

MOST....and I emphasize MOST anomalies seen on mammograms are nothing serious. And if it is cancer, breast cancer caught early has become one of the most curable.

There's every reason to be optimistic. And it's okay to to be scared.

Let us know how it goes.

It is good that your husband knows. You wouldn't have wanted him to keep something like that from you no matter how sick you were. And your kids need to know too. You don't want to teach them that they shouldn't talk about what is going on with them.

MOST....and I emphasize MOST anomalies seen on mammograms are nothing serious. And if it is cancer, breast cancer caught early has become one of the most curable.

Let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I took all you's advice and talked it over with my family.

It was a good thing.

It calmed me down.

I just freaked, I guess, because my sister had it five years ago.

Thanks for everybody calming me down.

Now you can be mean to me again! ;)

Hugs!!!!!! :eusa_angel:

Let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I took all you's advice and talked it over with my family.

It was a good thing.

It calmed me down.

I just freaked, I guess, because my sister had it five years ago.

Thanks for everybody calming me down.

Now you can be mean to me again! ;)

Hugs!!!!!! :eusa_angel:

You slut! Just trying to be accommodating. No, wait, that wasn't mean was it? :eusa_whistle: You slut, I mean it! Okay I don't mean it, I suck at being mean.:(

Forum List

Back