Mamma Mia, Here We Go Again

Kittymom1026

Gold Member
May 17, 2018
Has anyone seen this movie? It's better than the first one and I'm obsessed with it. Lily James is awesome as the young Donna, and the other cast member are fabulous. I love that they brought back the original ones too.

Has anyone seen this movie? It's better than the first one and I'm obsessed with it. Lily James is awesome as the young Donna, and the other cast member are fabulous. I love that they brought back the original ones too.

I saw the first movie but not the current one. A few years ago on a bus tour, we had a layover in New York and saw the Broadway play. It was an outstanding play and the first movie was great.

Senior-class trip in '65, train from Detroit to the Big Apple Grand Central Station...fake ID drank in Joe King's Rathskeller,stayed at the New Yorker hotel. We were supposed to see a play but went to Radio City to see the Rockettes instead. When I was a kid they made me take tap dancing lessons from a former Rockette...Joan...my first love...legs that went all the way to Argentina. In GoJu Kai training, we're taught to exhale during a block or strike like a stage performer projects their voice to an auditorium without a microphone...squeeze the air out from the bottom of the diaphram..like emptying a bucket. So not just anybody can be a Broadway actor...there are physical skills required. We did all the tourist things...Harlem, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building.....that elevator will scare the piss out of anybody. The U.N. Saw my first russian soldier there, gave him the finger and he gave it back to me....I liked that....lines were drawn. Train ride back home we were still in wonder....Detroit wasn't small potatoes in those days, but there's no place on earth like the Big Apple.

Senior-class trip in '65, train from Detroit to the Big Apple Grand Central Station...fake ID drank in Joe King's Rathskeller,stayed at the New Yorker hotel. We were supposed to see a play but went to Radio City to see the Rockettes instead. When I was a kid they made me take tap dancing lessons from a former Rockette...Joan...my first love...legs that went all the way to Argentina. In GoJu Kai training, we're taught to exhale during a block or strike like a stage performer projects their voice to an auditorium without a microphone...squeeze the air out from the bottom of the diaphram..like emptying a bucket. So not just anybody can be a Broadway actor...there are physical skills required. We did all the tourist things...Harlem, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building.....that elevator will scare the piss out of anybody. The U.N. Saw my first russian soldier there, gave him the finger and he gave it back to me....I liked that....lines were drawn. Train ride back home we were still in wonder....Detroit wasn't small potatoes in those days, but there's no place on earth like the Big Apple.
I've been to NYC several times and saw many Broadway plays and also went to Radio city for their Christmas show. I retired from a major airline and my friends and I would go up for the day, but a lot of times, I stayed a couple of days to take in the plays. I know the city like the back of my hand. I especially like the village, and one boutique in particular.

Brosnan is as horrible a singer as he is an actor.Having to see him in the first one was torture enough and am not about to sit through a sequal.worst James Bond actor ever.Thank God for craig,

I saw the first movie but not the current one. A few years ago on a bus tour, we had a layover in New York and saw the Broadway play. It was an outstanding play and the first movie was great.

great EXCELLENT play,horrible movie thanks to Brosnan.

/——-/ My wife is dragging me kicking and screaming to see it tomorrow. I have no choice because she went to Mission Impossible with me last week.

I've been to NYC several times and saw many Broadway plays and also went to Radio city for their Christmas show. I retired from a major airline and my friends and I would go up for the day, but a lot of times, I stayed a couple of days to take in the plays. I know the city like the back of my hand. I especially like the village, and one boutique in particular.

I've never been back. I remember our bus driver pointing out a couple bored fashion models standing on a corner in Manhattan and saying they wouldn't give any of us the time of day. Everybody was rude...maybe because they figured we were yokels, but they were rude to each other too. The bars were the longest I've ever seen....I mean like 50-60' long...nobody said "please" or "thank you" and everything was expensive. Any city that would keep electing Bloomers mayor has something wrong with it so I'll just remember it like it was 50 years ago.
eusa_angel.gif

Forum List

Back