RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Colorado................ President Obama 2.9 ............9 ev

Florida....................President Obama 3.2................29 ev

Iowa.......................President Obama 3.7...............6 ev

Nevada...................President Obama 3.8/.................6 ev

New Hampshire......President Obama 3.0.................4 ev

North Carolina........President Obama 1.1...................15 ev

Virginia..................President Obama 3.7....................13 ev

President Obama, at present, leads in all of the tossup states. With the exception of New Hampshire, he needs only win in one of them to win with the present numbers.

Governor Romney is going to have to win the debates resoundingly to make up this kind of ground. Not likely to happen.

Yesterday I was reading that part of Romney's plan is to work in some zingers he's been practicing in hopes of creating a soundbite that will vault him to victory.

Is there any doubt at all that he's going to eff it all up?

Now that will be interesting. Maybe some zingers like the 47%? Or "are you better off today than four years ago?". Romney has shown an amazing propensity to say things that really piss a lot of voters off. An arrogance that is a total turnoff, a lack of knowledge about what the finances of the average American is that is astounding. "$250,000 to 200,000, maybe less, middle class income". Simply incredible.

The thing that strikes me is the way that Romney's message is so heavily weighted toward the negative. He and Ryan.....as well as his surrogates....spend a lot of time telling the America people how terrible things are.

Granted, we are not experiencing rapid growth and the majority of Americans are toughng out a really shitty economy........but if you are going to remind us of that every minute....you better finish with some solid info about your methods to bring better days.

Last edited:
The thing that strikes me is the way that Romney's message is so heavily weighted toward the negative. He and Ryan.....as well as his surrogates....spend a lot of time telling the America people how terrible things are.

I like it best when he immediately follows Kasich on stage, because Kasich will invariably have been talking about how great things are going in Ohio. Interesting contrast with Romney's doom-and-gloom.

The Republican Party had a golden opportunity to knock Obama out and re-take the Senate by running an actual Conservative, small gov't candidate but instead went with a clone of Bush/Obama.

Forum List

Back