Male Nurse Fired For Treating Female Muslims

What about the stupid women? Didn't they object when a male nurse said he was going to examine them? Or are they so stupid that they just muddle along like sheep and do whatever they're told by anyone? I know women who request female doctors and men who request male doctors. Why didn't these stupid women speak up and say, "Pardon me, but I must be treated by a woman. It's a requirement of my religion." What, have they all been given lobotomies or something?

This is so ridiculous. Women in the history of this country fought so hard for their rights, and then we have people like this come along and try to take us back to the dark ages.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
"Benitez said he followed this instruction until Nov. 17, 2010, when a health department doctor saw Benitez abstain from treating a Muslim woman and questioned why he wasn’t treating her.

Benitez had transitioned a patient who was receiving a flu shot to the nursing supervisor rather than issue the shot himself.

Benitez explained the directive from the nursing supervisor and the doctor told him the process was “improper” and to treat Muslim women the same as he would patients of any other religion, race, color or ethnicity.

Benitez said he followed the new instructions and within two weeks he was out of a job.

The lawsuit says Benitez was “directly told” that the termination was not performance related, rather that “the clinic’s conservative male Muslim clientele did not want a male treating female patients.” The suit doesn’t make clear who made the statement to Benitez."

Lawsuit claims male nurse fired by city for treating Muslim women - News - Press and Guide

Treating all patients equally is certainly what you should expect in a public health department. If Muslim men didn't want " their women" ( don't you just love that ownership) treated by a man, then they should have gone to a private clinic for Muslims.

In Michigan the Republicans passed a law several years back that says an employer can fire you without cause anytime they want. Legally he has no leg to stand on.

"At will" employment laws do not overrule cases of wrongful termination.

Forum List

Back