Male Front nudity in movies controversy

What is the most attractive part?

For me, besides a man having a nice face is a broad chest and shoulders. A little hair on the chest, but not to much.

Pale Rider said:
First,.....Second,......Third, .

You are right. You were having a conversation with someone else & I butted in. My apology.

KarlMarx said:
You've noticed that too? I realized that a while back...but now it seems so obvious!

Oliver Stone's movie on Alexander the Great is supposedly full of gay scenes (he was known to be bisexual, but then, in those days all men in the nobility had sexual relations with other men in addition to women). Seems like someone is pushing an agenda instead of trying to be historically accurate. Now it turns out that Stone is being sued over it....

RPT-Outraged Greeks say Alexander was not bisexual

John Leo has an opinion piece on Kinsey, the sex researcher and Leftist icon. He wasn't a saint, he had sloppy research methods, and he was definitely what you'd call perverted!
What Kinsey wrought

The whole point is to break down all taboos and make this kind of behavior seem commonplace.

I think what I find bothersome is this notion that only those in Hollywood are good looking enough to be viewed as sexy and worth our undying admiration. Frankly it's insulting that what they are really saying is hey forget what you have got at home and look at what's up on the screen, so much better than your spouse or partner. It's all about enticement.

Bonnie said:
Frankly it's insulting that what they are really saying is hey forget what you have got at home and look at what's up on the screen, so much better than your spouse or partner.

Have you ever woke up in the morning with your hair unmusssed and your makeup intact? And never any bad breath. Sex is always passionate; both parties come away fulfilled, no sexual dysfunction. The women are shapely, no extra pounds and their skin is flawless. Men don't bald, they willingly shave their heads, and there's no stomach or love handle in sight. I know it's fantasy. When you're young & impressionable it does alot of harm. They are determining what society considers 'beautiful'. If you don't measure up then we can create shows like "swan' & extreme makeover'.

Joz said:
And never any bad breath.
Butting in because I have a funny story, LOL!
The Preachers wife at my families Church teaches the 'young married class' (not that they're young, just not married long) in Sunday School. She told them that everynight she goes to bed with a stick of gum in her mouth so if the Preacher woke in the middle of the night and wanted a kiss, her breath would be fresh. It's cute because they're in their 70's and been married forever.
Maybe it's only funny to me because I know them, LOL!
Okay, carry on....
:D

Joz said:
Have you ever woke up in the morning with your hair unmusssed and your makeup intact? And never any bad breath. Sex is always passionate; both parties come away fulfilled, no sexual dysfunction. The women are shapely, no extra pounds and their skin is flawless. Men don't bald, they willingly shave their heads, and there's no stomach or love handle in sight. I know it's fantasy. When you're young & impressionable it does alot of harm. They are determining what society considers 'beautiful'. If you don't measure up then we can create shows like "swan' & extreme makeover'.

AHEM... some of us actually do shave our heads voluntarily.

The more i watch the left the more I realized they are sex obsessed. I mean they accuse the right of it, but they are really sex obsessed. Growing eroticism about the male body? What kind of reaction do these people seem to think they will get?

Male frontal nudity is extremely common in films in Europe. In fact, nudity in general is common on broadcast TV in Europe.

When are these pervs going to understand that you can have art without nudity. that when they display this stuff before the entire world to see they are destroying the natural eroticism that occurs between a married couple. I am just sick of this garbage...and im still a kid.

Really? Art with nudity is perverted? Tell that to Michelangelo.

http://www.michelangelo.com/buon/bio-index2.html

Or tell it to Da Vinci

http://www.wga.hu/art/l/leonardo/10anatom/1vitruviu.jpg

Prude??

A

Bonnie said:
I think what I find bothersome is this notion that only those in Hollywood are good looking enough to be viewed as sexy and worth our undying admiration. Frankly it's insulting that what they are really saying is hey forget what you have got at home and look at what's up on the screen, so much better than your spouse or partner. It's all about enticement.

Actually, it's all about product. Hollywood spew is highly focus group tested, creating a slick product that people are willing to pay 10 bux to see.

We take a film, well before it's released, and show it to folks in representative areas of the nation, and modify it for the "best results" based on their comments.

This includes casting decisions.

The big money "sexy stars" are a product of focus group testing. It's what the vast majority want to pay to see.

(I'm not saying it right, just that's how it is.)

A

CivilLiberty said:
Male frontal nudity is extremely common in films in Europe. In fact, nudity in general is common on broadcast TV in Europe.

Really? Art with nudity is perverted? Tell that to Michelangelo.

Or tell it to Da Vinci

http://www.wga.hu/art/l/leonardo/10anatom/1vitruviu.jpg

Prude, aren't you?

A

Well by all means if Europe is doing it we better get on the bandwagon.

Nudity is a beautfiul thing when it's in the bedroom between a husband and wife, lovers, or in a beautiful painting or sculpture. There is a vast difference between those things and gratuituous nudity for shock value. It's just not necessary!! Those that make movies with nudity here and in Europe are much more interested in the accolades of their peers than that of the audience for which they pretend to make movies for and to entertain.

There is a big difference between being prudish and being modest.

Michaleangelo didn't make movies portraying incestuous sexual realtions between a brother, sister, and their friend.

Adtitionally Avatar is correct in saying that that kind of blatant nudity comes with a price to society, Pick up a copy of a book called the Centerfold Complex, and read how damaging all this is to marriage itself and how these imaginary airbrushed images, are replacing close intimate relationships between couples, and how it's causing sex addictions with men to the detriment of their marriages and their families.

Im certainly no prude and anyone that knows me will tell you that, but I know my place, and I know where the line is............DO YOU?????

CivilLiberty said:
Actually, it's all about product. Hollywood spew is highly focus group tested, creating a slick product that people are willing to pay 10 bux to see.

We take a film, well before it's released, and show it to folks in representative areas of the nation, and modify it for the "best results" based on their comments.

This includes casting decisions.

The big money "sexy stars" are a product of focus group testing. It's what the vast majority want to pay to see.

(I'm not saying it right, just that's how it is.)

A

See Im of the opinion that Hollywood creates hype rather than letting the market soley decide what will sell.
As far as their focus groups go, the may want to get some new recruits, seems many of the these so called steamy movies that were hyped up failed embarrassingly badly at the box office. Poor advertising, I think not!!

Bonnie said:
There is a vast difference between those things and gratuituous nudity for shock value. It's just not necessary!!

Who gets to judge?

Bonnie said:
Those that make movies with nudity here and in Europe are much more interested in the accolades of their peers than that of the audience for which they pretend to make movies for and to entertain.

Actually, most of the european film I'm thinking of ( such as "Dreamlife of Angels") is very artistic, and not prurient shock value.

No doubt Hollywood fare (such as Bruckheimer or Schumacher) are pure titillation oriented schlock.

Bonnie said:
There is a big difference between being prudish and being modest.

Yes, and it depends ENTIRELY on the individual(s).

Bonnie said:
Adtitionally Avatar is correct in saying that that kind of blatant nudity comes with a price to society, Pick up a copy of a book called the Centerfold Complex, and read how damaging all this is to marriage itself and how these imaginary airbrushed images, are replacing close intimate relationships between couples, and how it's causing sex addictions with men to the detriment of their marriages and their families.

Right. Sexually explicit artwork has been around since people have been able to draw. Which this book may draw parallels to centerfold hype, does the book look at the other angles, such as sexual repression as a factor of some religions? I think it's folly to attempt to lay the blame on all of societies sexual ills at the feet of the "centerfold industry".

Bonnie said:
Im certainly no prude and anyone that knows me will tell you that, but I know my place, and I know where the line is............DO YOU?????

The problem is Bonnie, that line lies in a different place for each individual.

Regards,

Andy

Bonnie said:
See Im of the opinion that Hollywood creates hype rather than letting the market soley decide what will sell.

No, major Hollywood studios are corporations just like any other - concerned only with the bottom line, and increasing revenue.

Major films are nothing more than "entertainment product". Designed for the lowest common denominator/highest volume sell factor within the specific target demographic. Think of the studio as the "brand name" on a bar of soap.

Bonnie said:
As far as their focus groups go, the may want to get some new recruits, seems many of the these so called steamy movies that were hyped up failed embarrassingly badly at the box office. Poor advertising, I think not!!

Focus groups are recruited randomly from a different random sample each time.

This is not to say that some films fail badly - the bad films are usually doing very badly in the focus groups too. Sometimes it's just "cut your losses" and release it as is and recoup on the foreign sales.

Not sure what "steamy" films you're talking about - haven't seen a "steamy" film in some time.

Regards

Andy

No, major Hollywood studios are corporations just like any other - concerned only with the bottom line, and increasing revenue

Wish that were true, but its total BS. If Hollywood only cared about the Bottom line the only movies they would make are G and PG movies because those are the ones that sell the most. But instead they do garbage like this. There is a clear agenda in Hollywood.

Actually, many of the biggest grossing films are PG-13...which would suggest that people understand and want to see reality...a little bit of swearing, some "adult" situations, a bit of violence, etc...if appropriate...but that films that go to extremes in any of these areas simply don't resonate with the majority of movie goers.

Forum List

Back