Male Front nudity in movies controversy

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Male Nudity in movies causing controversy

While penises are not yet as prevalent as female breasts, they are becoming more accepted.

"It's not about gender," says Moritz Borman, producer of Alexander. "In a mature movie, if some nudity would improve the scene, it wouldn't matter if it were Alexander or Alexandra. A filmmaker would have to consider it."

It's about time, some women say. "As a woman, I'm glad. I want to watch male bodies," says Linda Williams, a film-studies professor at the University of California-Berkeley. "There is a growing eroticism about the male body that hasn't quite existed before."

It may be a form of rebellion in this post-Janet Jackson (news) environment, says Gwendolyn Audrey Foster, a film and feminist studies professor at the University of Nebraska. As in the 1950s, "There's a tremendous amount of repression now. People are upset over seeing Saving Private Ryan. At the same time, you have a popular culture that is pushing boundaries to a degree that doesn't seem to match."

But any trend is just coincidence, says Jim McBride, who runs mr.skin.com, which chronicles nude scenes in film. McBride notes that full-frontal male nude scenes pop up every few years, and most are limited to art-house releases that are rated R or NC-17. Of the current films with male nudity, Bad Education is NC-17, the rest are R.

Foster disagrees and says the trend will continue as more women move into the upper echelons of the male-dominated film industry.

"This general attitude toward pushing things toward the edge is definitely popularizing new images we haven't seen before, taking a look at the human body and looking at men and women equally without objectifying anyone. It's more about artistic license than box office draw," Foster says.

The more i watch the left the more I realized they are sex obsessed. I mean they accuse the right of it, but they are really sex obsessed. Growing eroticism about the male body? What kind of reaction do these people seem to think they will get? When are these pervs going to understand that you can have art without nudity. that when they display this stuff before the entire world to see they are destroying the natural eroticism that occurs between a married couple. I am just sick of this garbage...and im still a kid.

Male Nudity in movies causing controversy

The more i watch the left the more I realized they are sex obsessed. I mean they accuse the right of it, but they are really sex obsessed. Growing eroticism about the male body? What kind of reaction do these people seem to think they will get? When are these pervs going to understand that you can have art without nudity. that when they display this stuff before the entire world to see they are destroying the natural eroticism that occurs between a married couple. I am just sick of this garbage...and im still a kid.
You've noticed that too? I realized that a while back...but now it seems so obvious!

Oliver Stone's movie on Alexander the Great is supposedly full of gay scenes (he was known to be bisexual, but then, in those days all men in the nobility had sexual relations with other men in addition to women). Seems like someone is pushing an agenda instead of trying to be historically accurate. Now it turns out that Stone is being sued over it....

RPT-Outraged Greeks say Alexander was not bisexual

John Leo has an opinion piece on Kinsey, the sex researcher and Leftist icon. He wasn't a saint, he had sloppy research methods, and he was definitely what you'd call perverted!
What Kinsey wrought

The late Burt Lancaster admitted on a talk show once, that when he did the famous beach scene with Debra Kerr, they had to keep retaping the scene because of his 'evident arousal'.

Now, mind you, this is a natural and necessary reaction. But you guys have to admit that sometimes you look rather peculiar. As much as I like seeing it in a intimate situation, I do NOT want to watch this or any homosexual act on TV or in a movie. They already have those kinds of movies.

It's really not the most attractive part of a man, especially limp. Sorry guys!!

I don't mind catching sight of a naked rear in a movie though.

"There is a growing eroticism about the male body that hasn't quite existed before".

This is another prime example of the profound, fundamental arrogance of liberalism, and the stupidity to which it must - inevitably - lead.

I am so bright, and so enlightened, that I am seeing things that have never been seen by any human who has ever lived. My feelings are so unique and special that it is now my duty to lead these poor, unimaginative masses to the heights to which only I can take them. How fortunate they are to have me! All hail me!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Trigg said:
It's really not the most attractive part of a man, especially limp. Sorry guys!!

I don't mind catching sight of a naked rear in a movie though.

Why are you apologizing? We already know its unattractive. why the heck do you think we hit on women?

Why are you apologizing? We already know its unattractive. why the heck do you think we hit on women?

Well said, Avatar! Honestly, ladies - look at us. We're big, loud, and rough-looking. And look at yourselves. You're lovely, for heaven's sake! I thank God you see SOMETHING in us, although, for the life of me , I can't figure out what it is!

It's NOT unattractive. It's just that I don't want to see just anybody's. I like to choose.
And, I thank God that I don't have something like that on the front of me. Boobs get in the way, sometimes. I can't imagine what it would be like with that appendage.

musicman said:
Oh, hell - musicman seems to be in the doghouse again! :spank3: :whip:

Hope it's well insulated.. It's damn cold out.. Make sure you ask for a heater for your water dish, too. :)

Joz said:
It's NOT unattractive. It's just that I don't want to see just anybody's. I like to choose.
And, I thank God that I don't have something like that on the front of me. Boobs get in the way, sometimes. I can't imagine what it would be like with that appendage.

well i cant imagine having boobs so i guess we are even.

Us guys like to choose too. Kinda why i dislike hollywoods attempt to show everyone naked. We have lives we should be living. us guys should be out there wooing a woman (yes i said wooing) so that they will be with us and then all the goodies come. If hollywood continues showing everything it loses its uniqueness and gives us unhealth ideas of what sex is like.

Trigg said:

Bah. You're just jealous because you have to sit down to pee and you can't write your name in the snow!

Joz said:
Boobs get in the way, sometimes.

Having a penis like having a cat, they have a mind of their own. They will decide to "stand at attention" when you don't want them to, and will go limp when you want them to be otherwise! As they get older, they want to do less and less. And most of the time, they just hang around doing nothing.

Which reminds me of a riddle;
Q: What do flashers do on their day off?
A: Nothing, just hang out!

Joz said:

I have to agree with Joz on this one. I'm fairly selective about the doodles I want to see too.

Said1 said:
From the Simpsons. Homer ran outside naked and Flanders yells "Homer, I can see your doodle". :D
Kind of gives a new slant to the song "Yankee Doodle", doesn't it? :) :)

I'd like to see movie makers leaving things to the imagination.

It's the same thing with clothes anymore. They have everything low cut and things just hang out everywhere. Clothes and movies can be sexy and seductive without every wrinkle and bump showing. Cover up.

Forum List

Back