male cirumcision

A circumcision is a surgical procedure that removes the foreskin (the loose tissue) covering the glans (rounded tip) of the penis. Circumcision may be performed for religious or cultural reasons, or for health reasons. Newborn circumcision is thought to diminish the risk for cancer of the penis and lower the risk for cancer of the cervix in sexual partners. It is also believed to decrease the risk of urinary tract infections in infants and lower the risk of certain sexually transmitted diseases, especially HIV.

Circumcision: Surgical Procedure Expectations, Complications and Information on MedicineNet.com

i would rather be minus a foreskin than minus the penis.

Whatever you decide---be sure to forewarn your next sexual contact so they don't freak out !:rofl:

Some of us ladies have to chime in, because we're moms and this pertains to our kids.

I don't have a son yet, but I plan to have 1-2 more kids, and this is an issue I've been considering.

My initial thought is to call it genital mutilation. I don't really understand the purpose of it, and I have heard that having a foreskin can help to prevent the spread of STDs. Does anyone know something otherwise?

On the other hand, there is the social stigma of having an uncircumcised penis. My brother, who just had a little boy a few weeks ago, had the child circumcised. We discussed it and he claims that as an athlete, he saw guys who were uncircumcised routinely ridiculed in the locker room. Guys, is this true? Younger guys, have times changed?

I like to think of myself as a thoughtful person, and I don't want to make a decision based on emotion here. I look forward to more thoughts on this issue!

You are aware that the child will NEVER remember the procedure EVER? Of course if you wait till they are 18 they are not going to forget it ever.

It is a health issue, especially for those grow numbers of idiots that barely can care for themselves much less a child.

Ohh and How do we know cause Jillian spoke up what it will be about? You are aware she is not very observant of her religion? But on that note, religion would in fact be a reason to have it done as well. The old laws exist for a reason. And I do not just mean please God.

the child not remembering is hardly reason to abuse a baby

Women should have no say in the matter...
That is one of the reason I did not have my son circumised for one they say men loose 15% of their feeling when having one. If he wants one he can get one we his older, of course it will hurt a lot more. Also you have to get it down with the first couple of weeks after they are born so it can't be really up to the baby but it should be up to the father if they are around since they are the ones who know more about all that.

That is one of the reason I did not have my son circumised for one they say men loose 15% of their feeling when having one. If he wants one he can get one we his older, of course it will hurt a lot more. Also you have to get it down with the first couple of weeks after they are born so it can't be really up to the baby but it should be up to the father if they are around since they are the ones who know more about all that.

I can't believe that was given as a reason! I think it feels good enough for them already... My son was circumcised due to religious reasons and that was one of the worst moments of my life. I'm not sure if it is medically necessary. I think nowadays, it's done if not for religious reasons, but for hygienic and socials reasons. Personally, I think it looks better circumcised. That's just my opinion. It may be just better to get it over with it as infants so as not to leave it to an older adolescent boy who will feel and remember some real pain.

I had my son circumsized at the age of one day. Its healthier.

My father had a health issue and had to have it done when he was 30. No way was I going to have my son possibly go through that as a grown up.

Forum List

Back