Male bashing? Nahhhhh

Said1 said:
One thing that surprised me (after having a child that is) is how natural it was to actually fall into those sterotypcial no-no roles femanazis are always screaming about.

Does that make sense? I've always had trouble trying to articualte that, I usually get booed before I have a chance to finish.
No boos here!
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Hobbit said:
Guess I was just a little too subtle. As a guy, you're supposed to have good aim, and if you don't, you're supposed to pretend you do. I'm basically saying that if your aim sucks in the bathroom, it probably sucks while hunting, and you wouldn't make your wife clean up the mess you caused by missing while hunting, would you?
No I got it. Just didn't "get it" Don't think I will, but that's ok. :thup:

mom4 said:
Is that the same guy who wrote Raising a Modern Day Knight? That is the exact thing he says in that book!

Good stuff! :thup:

Different author, same point. It's been a while since I looked at the book I referenced, and it was part of a Sunday School class, so I can't always remember what was actually in the book as opposed to what was said in class.

dilloduck said:
I'm a bit confused by the question--are you asking why men want to be around women at all ?
Kind of. In my mind, all those picky little rules and sensitivities may be annoying to a man. But, isn't that what a woman is supposed to do for a man? By bringing feelings and hospital corners into the spotlight, by this influence a man can become more civilized and unselfish.

I just wondered if men actually see this as a GOOD thing, or whether they just put up with it to get sex and service.

And, once again, I'm not saying a woman should be in control of a man, forcing him to do all this stuff to make him less of a "pig."

But sex and service can serve as motivators to make a man DESIRE to be more considerate, protective, etc.

The question is, do men see it this way, or do they really only want the sex and service, and go along with the other stuff just to get that?

mom4 said:
Kind of. In my mind, all those picky little rules and sensitivities may be annoying to a man. But, isn't that what a woman is supposed to do for a man? By bringing feelings and hospital corners into the spotlight, by this influence a man can become more civilized and unselfish.

I just wondered if men actually see this as a GOOD thing, or whether they just put up with it to get sex and service.

And, once again, I'm not saying a woman should be in control of a man, forcing him to do all this stuff to make him less of a "pig."

But sex and service can serve as motivators to make a man DESIRE to be more considerate, protective, etc.

The question is, do men see it this way, or do they really only want the sex and service, and go along with the other stuff just to get that?

If the man only sees the woman as someone to provide "sex and service," then he does what he has to in order to get "sex and service."

If that is all he wants, it's cheaper to buy a hooker.

mom4 said:

This reminds me a little of my recent thread about romantic weekends. I was wondering if men went along with the time and expense of those just for guaranteed sex. The same basic idea in your thread, but you asked a much bigger question. I wonder why this is on our minds...

Abbey Normal said:
This reminds me a little of my recent thread about romantic weekends. I was wondering if men went along with the time and expense of those just for guaranteed sex. The same basic idea in your thread, but you asked a much bigger question. I wonder why this is on our minds...
Valentine's Day?

Abbey Normal said:

Many do, but the true measure of the romantic weekend is what constitutes the weekend. Many women, in fact, choose 'romantic' getaways at places they know their man won't like, basically saying that he's getting sex out of it, and that's all he really wants, so why does it matter where we go?

If you go to some girly spa and spend the weekend taking mud baths, getting manicures, etc., the only thing the guys gets is sex and a massage, and then it's not really that romantic.

On the other hand, if you can pick someplace you both enjoy and either take turns picking activities or just pick ones you both like, then you have a romantic weekend instead of a girl weekend with the man just tagging along for the sex.

The idea that a romantic weekend is basically something romantic for the woman and sex for the man prepetuates the idea that only men want sex, which is one of the biggest, controlling lies of the dating world. In fact, the best way to throw your typical pickup bar/club woman for a loop is letting her know you don't want sex. The annoying part for me is that I really don't want sex until I'm married, and turning down sex just makes the girl want you more.

mom4 said:

I definitely have been and want to continue to be improved by my gf. She knows what parts about me to leave alone, and what parts to try and cultivate something better out of me, and I wouldn't want to imagine the selfish asshole I'd be without her.

Hobbit said:
Many women, in fact, choose 'romantic' getaways at places they know their man won't like, basically saying that he's getting sex out of it, and that's all he really wants, so why does it matter where we go?
I disagree. What's led you to this opinion?

The ClayTaurus said:
I definitely have been and want to continue to be improved by my gf. She knows what parts about me to leave alone, and what parts to try and cultivate something better out of me, and I wouldn't want to imagine the selfish asshole I'd be without her.
Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Oh, and.... AAAWWWWW!

The ClayTaurus said:
I disagree. What's led you to this opinion?

Notice I said many, not most, or a majority of, or that this is typical, but I have seen it happen...to miserable, whipped, sex-starved excuses for men who won't stand up for themselves because they've bought the feminazi movement hook, line, and sinker. It's pretty rare, but it's not rare enough, in my opinion.

Oh, and as for the little annoyances, it's possible that many of these guys have seen far too many girls in high school who, basically, try to neuter them, so now it's a knee-jerk. But I'm no psychologist, so I could very well be quite wrong.

Hobbit said:
Notice I said many, not most, or a majority of, or that this is typical, but I have seen it happen...to miserable, whipped, sex-starved excuses for men who won't stand up for themselves because they've bought the feminazi movement hook, line, and sinker. It's pretty rare, but it's not rare enough, in my opinion.
I wouldn't use the word "many" to describe something that's "pretty rare," but ok, I get what you're saying ;)

The ClayTaurus said:

You got a mother for a girlfriend????

mom4 said:

It's annoying to a man. Men get dominated and corrected all day, at work. THis is not to say they only want sex and service. They just don't want to hear about their shoes not being aligned properly or a pair of pants put on the bed instead of in the closet.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's annoying to a man. Men get dominated and corrected all day, at work. THis is not to say they only want sex and service. They just don't want to hear about their shoes not being aligned properly or a pair of pants put on the bed instead of in the closet.
That's why a woman is supposed to use her "arts" and "wiles" to get them to line up their shoes, instead of nagging. Also, a smart woman (and a smart man, too, for that matter) will pick her battles. Are the shoes really that important in the grand scheme? Probably not. I'd focus on the BIG things first... like that pee on the wall!

I'm also a believer in giving a guy his space. It helps.

mom4 said:
That's why a woman is supposed to use her "arts" and "wiles" to get them to line up their shoes, instead of nagging. Also, a smart woman (and a smart man, too, for that matter) will pick her battles. Are the shoes really that important in the grand scheme? Probably not. I'd focus on the BIG things first... like that pee on the wall!

I'm also a believer in giving a guy his space. It helps.

I think I could live with you. Theoretically. That's a good point about choosing battles.

Forum List

Back