Male bashing? Nahhhhh

Bonnie said:
I agree with much of what you said here, and I too have always wondered why it is that many (but not all) men seem disgusted by women, almost as if they feel they need to have one but once they get one they aren't sure what to do with her. But as I have gotten to know men in general I think much of that impression comes from men talking in very stereotypical terms because they think it's expected that they say certain things or restate the "status quo" when they are out in public. What I have experienced mostly in private is that these same men are very easy to talk to, have many of the same fears and wants as women only they express those in a different way than women do. I see men and women mostly getting along pretty well as friends and as lovers/husbands. Because my opinion is that when the outside world detritious is ignored and it comes right down to it men and women are designed to get along and seem to manage quite nicely. JMO
Good perspective, Bonnie! :)

I think it's very difficult to be a man or woman of nearly any age today. I know that when I married, I expected my husband to be a protector and provider. It didn't work out that way, though he 'provided'. He was an exception to what I consider most men, at least those that I know.

I think the days of 'women' being subservient are over, yet I don't think that women or children can take the metromale answer. I think instead, that women need to give boys and men the space they need, to become the protectors/defenders of our age. Meaning that we have to give our sons the freedom to break free of the imposition of being girls with more muscles. We have to allow adult males to show us they care for women by their actions, if not always in words.

On the opposit end of the spectrum, though men have made much greater inroads than women at being open to 'constructive criticism', men must let women help them bridge the gap where communication is a problem. (Just take a look at where you had a problem with 'co-workers' and such in your last evaluation.)

Women for that past 20 years or so, have been given a free pass to criticise men for everthing from their failure to succeed to the breakdown of the family. Seems to me, we need a leveling of the playing field.

mom4 said:
It is a big load. What I was referring to was that many men think it is a load of crap (as well as a burden).

But that's why it is a woman's job to help. I wasn't trying to say it was ONLY the man's job to provide and ONLY the woman's job to nurture. Both should be involved in both roles when necessary. But the guys got all that extra testosterone, making them (as a general rule) more competitive in the workforce, and women (generally speaking) have a more instinctive understanding of relationships and emotions, making them better at guiding children.

Yeah, plenty men might be willing to swap roles. I made darn sure I didn't marry one of them.

exactly. being competitive and being nurturing are almost opposites.

Kathianne said:
I think it's very difficult to be a man or woman of nearly any age today. I know that when I married, I expected my husband to be a protector and provider. It didn't work out that way, though he 'provided'. He was an exception to what I consider most men, at least those that I know.

I think the days of 'women' being subservient are over, yet I don't think that women or children can take the metromale answer. I think instead, that women need to give boys and men the space they need, to become the protectors/defenders of our age. Meaning that we have to give our sons the freedom to break free of the imposition of being girls with more muscles. We have to allow adult males to show us they care for women by their actions, if not always in words.

On the opposit end of the spectrum, though men have made much greater inroads than women at being open to 'constructive criticism', men must let women help them bridge the gap where communication is a problem. (Just take a look at where you had a problem with 'co-workers' and such in your last evaluation.)

Women for that past 20 years or so, have been given a free pass to criticise men for everthing from their failure to succeed to the breakdown of the family. Seems to me, we need a leveling of the playing field.

Good points kathianne. If, however, taking care of the household and raising kids is considered subservient drudgery, maybe you married the wrong guy. It should be an act of love. Feminism has removed the love from women's hearts. some of them.

mom4 said:
Here's an interesting question (at least, interesting to ME ;) )...
BESIDES sex, why does a man want a woman as a companion or wife?

I'm a bit confused by the question--are you asking why men want to be around women at all ?

dilloduck said:
I'm a bit confused by the question--are you asking why men want to be around women at all ?

I don't think she's asking that... But I think the answer is simple.. Everyone wants to love someone, and to feel loved. There's no feeling like it in the world. If simple, actual love (not lust, not "fondness", etc) exists between two people, everything else just eventually works itself out.

Shattered said:
I don't think she's asking that... But I think the answer is simple.. Everyone wants to love someone, and to feel loved. There's no feeling like it in the world. If simple, actual love (not lust, not "fondness", etc) exists between two people, everything else just eventually works itself out.

Further - everything BUT love/chemistry/whatever can be 'taught'.

I have a book that I think many of you should read. It's called "Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul," found here at [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785268839/102-4354348-9397747?v=glance&n=283155]amazon.com[/ame].

It explores true, Godly masculinity and discusses how society turns young, ambitious adventurous boys into either miserable shells who simply drudge through life becuase they think they're supposed to or into lecherous SOBs who think the only thing there is to life is sex. God made men to be men, and it's about time we start acting like it.

Every man, at his core, wants three basic things: a battle to fight, a journey to go on, and woman to share it (the journey, not the battle) with and protect. God did not make metrosexual and woman, he made MAN and woman. Despite this, however, men keep buying into the society that has bought the feminist agenda and believes that battles are violent and evil, journeys are wastes of time, and women don't need protecting.

Some good examples he uses are in movies and other stories that show men acting like men. A good one is Braveheart. William Wallace fights his battle against the English for the journey of Scottish independance, but does so cautiously to protect his woman. When his wife is killed, he brings one of the most powerful countries in the world to its very knees. ROOTS is another good one, as the main character constantly strives to improve his lot as a slave, despite the torture, but becomes safer and less defiant when his family comes along, because he wants to protect them.

That, not this metrosexual bullcrap, is how men should act, and, according to many experts I've heard speak, if women would just let men act like that, they'd probably find it very attractive. Too many men try to satisfy these tendancies through work or womanizing, but it's never enough. Men need to be men, and, well, we need to be man enough to stand up to the feminazis and say 'no.'

I think Mom4 is spot on with she's saying.

Peeing on the wall is not manly. Men should have good enough aim to actually hit the toilet. Clean that crap up and maybe next time you'll be able get it right. You don't expect your wife to clean up after you miss the bear that's charging you, do you?

I'm going to go eat some red meat and clean my gun now.

Hobbit said:
I have a book that I think many of you should read. It's called "Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul," found here at amazon.com.

It explores true, Godly masculinity and discusses how society turns young, ambitious adventurous boys into either miserable shells who simply drudge through life becuase they think they're supposed to or into lecherous SOBs who think the only thing there is to life is sex. God made men to be men, and it's about time we start acting like it.

Every man, at his core, wants three basic things: a battle to fight, a journey to go on, and woman to share it (the journey, not the battle) with and protect. God did not make metrosexual and woman, he made MAN and woman. Despite this, however, men keep buying into the society that has bought the feminist agenda and believes that battles are violent and evil, journeys are wastes of time, and women don't need protecting.

Some good examples he uses are in movies and other stories that show men acting like men. A good one is Braveheart. William Wallace fights his battle against the English for the journey of Scottish independance, but does so cautiously to protect his woman. When his wife is killed, he brings one of the most powerful countries in the world to its very knees. ROOTS is another good one, as the main character constantly strives to improve his lot as a slave, despite the torture, but becomes safer and less defiant when his family comes along, because he wants to protect them.

That, not this metrosexual bullcrap, is how men should act, and, according to many experts I've heard speak, if women would just let men act like that, they'd probably find it very attractive. Too many men try to satisfy these tendancies through work or womanizing, but it's never enough. Men need to be men, and, well, we need to be man enough to stand up to the feminazis and say 'no.'

I think Mom4 is spot on with she's saying.

Peeing on the wall is not manly. Men should have good enough aim to actually hit the toilet. Clean that crap up and maybe next time you'll be able get it right. You don't expect your wife to clean up after you miss the bear that's charging you, do you?

Huh?

One thing that surprised me (after having a child that is) is how natural it was to actually fall into those sterotypcial no-no roles femanazis are always screaming about.

Does that make sense? I've always had trouble trying to articualte that, I usually get booed before I have a chance to finish.

Said1 said:
One thing that surprised me (after having a child that is) is how natural it was to actually fall into those sterotypcial no-no roles femanazis are always screaming about.

Does that make sense? I've always had trouble trying to articualte that, I usually get booed before I have a chance to finish.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbit said:

If you had a wife, you wouldn't have to handle your gun by yourself..

"This is my rifle, this is my gun....this is for killing this is for fun"

is.php

Said1 said:
:gross2:

Seriously though, it's true. Instinct takes over.

It certainly is supposed to however there are exceptions where mothers are simply horrible at it as we have seen in the news recently. Same with fathers.
Intervention or assistance will help make sure the child doesn't grow up to continue the same shitty pattern of parenting.

Said1 said:

It makes perfect sense to me although not a mom, but society itself does I think leave people always questioning what comes naturally to us and how we sometimes fight it just to fight it because we think if we're not we are being a door mat.

The ClayTaurus said:

Guess I was just a little too subtle. As a guy, you're supposed to have good aim, and if you don't, you're supposed to pretend you do. I'm basically saying that if your aim sucks in the bathroom, it probably sucks while hunting, and you wouldn't make your wife clean up the mess you caused by missing while hunting, would you?

Hobbit said:
Every man, at his core, wants three basic things: a battle to fight, a journey to go on, and woman to share it (the journey, not the battle) with and protect.
Is that the same guy who wrote Raising a Modern Day Knight? That is the exact thing he says in that book!

Good stuff! :thup:

Forum List

Back