Malcolm Young RIP

You definitely know what you are getting with AC/DC. A pure bar band. Although I never found them to be my kind of band surprisingly I find I have many songs of them on my mp3 player (for my workouts), and Who Made Who is an album I listened to often as a young man (thanks to Maximum Overdrive) and of course, Back In Black was widely played on the radio.

I recall my favourite quote from Angus, "I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same." No pretentious approach to their music or how they have lived. Malcolm was direct about this belief and his guitar playing without apology.

RIP Malcolm.

"It is a sad day in rock and roll. Malcolm Young was my friend and the heart and soul of AC/DC. I had some of the best times of my life with him on our 1984 European tour. He will be missed and my deepest condolences to his family, bandmates and friends. " - Eddie Van Halen

Last edited:
"Malcolm had an intensely powerful, percussive and economic style of playing that made him the greatest rhythm guitarist of all time. His uncanny ability to wring only the necessary notes out of his Gretsch was what made AC/DC - his riffs, feel and tone the soul of that band.
What he means to me is unquantifiable. I am a rhythm guitarist because of Malcolm Young, he lives with me always and I hope to honor the man and his legacy every time I play.
And now I’m going to crank Riff Raff and play along. My condolences to his family and friends.
Cheers and RIP Malcolm Young" - Anthrax's Scott Ian

DO9NHeRX4AAJD06.jpg

Forum List

Back