"Malaysia: Court Ruling Sets Back Transgender Rights"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Malaysia: Court Ruling Sets Back Transgender Rights

"(Washington, DC) – In overturning a landmark ruling, Malaysia’s highest court has undermined the rights of transgender people in the country, Human Rights Watch said today. On October 8, 2015, the Federal Court reversed a lower court ruling that a state’s prohibition on “cross-dressing” was unconstitutional. On wholly procedural grounds, the Federal Court upheld Sharia laws prohibiting “a male person posing as a woman.”

The judicial decision is a serious setback in a four-year struggle by transgender activists to end arbitrary arrests of transgender women on the basis of discriminatory laws, Human Rights Watch said."

more at link

Ordinarily, what countries I don't live in, have been to, or planned on visiting do means nothing to me, but when the country who made the huge phallus next to another phallus does it, it's worth a little thread if only because I get to make fun of them. :)

newpetronas_skyscraper_1.jpg

Ya built that but have a problem with da queers? So what, you're just erecting (hehe) enormous penis-shaped buildings, placing them side by side, and it's purely coincidental?

Forum List

Back