Making Tex Mex

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
My sister read my thread about legal forms of discrimination to produce competitive quality...and for a person to be able to choose how they will live their lives and with who, and who can realistically expect to be able to compete in the human display market for entertainment.

She asked me if I think I'm qualified to make Tex Mex... things like Tacos, Chalupas, those "Gorditas" Burritos, Nachos and "Mexican" rice....

I said.....
By the Standards maybe, of the competition that exists in places like New York City, or Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh or South Jersey or Delaware...
Certainly by the standards of anywhere in New England...

Here in Arkansas... or in Texas, or in Louisiana, or New Mexico, or Oklahoma, or even in Southern California...
The answer to that, has two letters..
NO !
It's that Simple.

She asked me why not....
I told her that the competition up north is a lower league for that.
That's where you'll find all the corporate chains filling in for the absence of quality.

Last edited:
If you try to make "Tex Mex" In California, you'll be flogged.

We eat real Mexican food.

Tex Mex is Chili con carne, Fajitas, Fritos, and other Southern (added sugar) influenced psuedo-Mexican food.

Tex Mex is Chili con carne, Fajitas, Fritos, and other Southern (added sugar) influenced psuedo-Mexican food.
no we dont.....in most places its Americanized Mexican food.....

Like most ethnic cuisine (Chinese, Indian, Thai, Middle Eastern...)

I disagree with the OP's assessment. Just because you're in the midst of perhaps a deeper level of talent, is no reason to not go for it. You may not want to enter it into a competition but you can make a damn good meal.

I used to cook Jambalaya in Vermont all the time -- moving to New Orleans didn't change that but it did give me more opportunities to sample others. And in so doing incorporate tweaks and pick up tips.

Arkansas? Really?

[

Matter of opinion.

REAL Mexican food is beans and a corn tortilla.

California has a wealth of very good Mexican cuisine though.
beans and a corn tortilla?.....i dont think you know what real Mexican food is.....thats my opinion and a couple million Mexicans....just sayin....

Forum List

Back