Making My first Mead..

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
So, I do a bit of homebrewing and winemaking as another hobby branch and last week I started My first Mead. So I was looking around at other mead resources on the web and came across a delightful website. I enjoy sharing humorous writing now and again on other forums and thought I'd share this one here.

Enjoy the writing if nothing else..

Weasel Breweries - Homebrewed Humor from the Monks of Ann Arbor Abbey

I have honey bees and thought about making it. The Vikings would soak poison mushrooms in it, throw the mushrooms away and drink the Mead, foam at the mouth, hallucinate, gnaw on their shields and kill everything that moved.
Let us know how it tastes. I don't drink but it might be fun to make a batch just to see what it's like. Good luck. Loved the link. Thanks.

Mead has an interesting flavor. A local winery makes it sometimes. You can definitely taste the honey and the flowers that are in the honey.

I have honey bees and thought about making it. The Vikings would soak poison mushrooms in it, throw the mushrooms away and drink the Mead, foam at the mouth, hallucinate, gnaw on their shields and kill everything that moved.
Let us know how it tastes. I don't drink but it might be fun to make a batch just to see what it's like. Good luck. Loved the link. Thanks.
Do you sell the honey? What kinds of fields to you set your bees lose on?

Mead has an interesting flavor. A local winery makes it sometimes. You can definitely taste the honey and the flowers that are in the honey.
Yes, I've had some commercially produced mead, mostly Renaissance fairs. I like it, but the one in sterling served a cloudy version that I wasn't too keen on.

Clover and wild honeysuckle. We don't sell it. But we may at some point. We live in the woods and have had great success bringing wild bee swarms to vacant hives. They are much healthier bees with no mites.
Well, if you do get around to selling some, I may be in the market. Honeysuckle should make for an interesting taste.....

Forum List

Back