Making English Official Language is RACIST?

I see no need for an “official” language to be written into the Constitution.
Instead, lets just not spend the public money on printing signs, applications, instructions etc. in any language but English. That will aid in the assimilation of immigrants, not contribute to a cultural divide. Kinda how it USED to be and it worked. As we say in the south, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Mr. P said:
I see no need for an “official” language to be written into the Constitution.
Instead, lets just not spend the public money on printing signs, applications, instructions etc. in any language but English. That will aid in the assimilation of immigrants, not contribute to a cultural divide. Kinda how it USED to be and it worked. As we say in the south, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

We don't even have teaching down in English, for God sakes. We have illiterate English speaking graduates from high school !! We gonna have any better luck with teaching school in spanish AND english? I doubt it. It's a waste of time and money.

dilloduck said:
We don't even have teaching down in English, for God sakes. We have illiterate English speaking graduates from high school !! We gonna have any better luck with teaching school in spanish AND english? I doubt it. It's a waste of time and money.
Our standards went out the window when we allowed the Government an NEA take over education. IMO
You’re correct, Now we have graduates that can’t read nor write, but hey, they FEEL good about themselves.

Bring back dodge ball, duck-duck goose, kick ball, readin, writin an arithmetic, the grades of A-F instead of pass fail or Sat/unsat, Toss disruptive kids out! Stop this “everyone is entitled to an education BULLSHIT, yer just draggin the whole Country down DAMNIT!

Now before a lib responds, I‘ll say this, everyone (LEGAL) is entitled to the OPPORTUNITY of an education. Take it or leave it.

Mr. P said:
Our standards went out the window when we allowed the Government an NEA take over education. IMO
You’re correct, Now we have graduates that can’t read nor write, but hey, they FEEL good about themselves.

Bring back dodge ball, duck-duck goose, kick ball, readin, writin an arithmetic, the grades of A-F instead of pass fail or Sat/unsat, Toss disruptive kids out! Stop this “everyone is entitled to an education BULLSHIT, yer just draggin the whole Country down DAMNIT!

Now before a lib responds, I‘ll say this, everyone (LEGAL) is entitled to the OPPORTUNITY of an education. Take it or leave it.

Everyone wants the opportunity to have a babysitter during the day.

Said1 said:
Having two official languages will allow for legal discrimmination, particularlity within the public service (government) sector. Having two official languages will allow people to NOT hire you because you don't speak the language predominantly spoken in the work place, even though everyone speaks both languages. It's total bullshit. Give an inch and they take a million miles with this one. It never f*cken ends.

We definitely need to take the advice from Canada on this subject.

If this new law means that I will never hear again a frickin "press 1 for English" I will be happy. And even more so when Home Depot takes down their signs in Spanish which just are plain irritating. :wtf:

What about all of the immigrants from other countries that do not speak english or spanish? Should there procedures to cater to those languages as well? And if so at what cost? Where do we draw the line?

Bonnie said:
I think we see here another glaring example of just how out of touch Democrats like Reid really are with the American people.

And I think people are beginning to see just how out of touch WASHINGTON IN GENERAL is with the American people, including Bush, who's barely better than Reid. Everything that makes a lick of sense is tarred as "racist," which is a good technique, because that totally shuts debate down.

Reid and Kennedy, we expect this from. Bush and McCain, however, are supposed to be the conservative opposition. Where are they? Running like mad to avoid being called "racist."

Forum List

Back