making brown sugar...easy peasy

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
recipe:

1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup sugar

now i use blackstrap molasses.. ..combine in bowl and stir for about 5 minutes....yes i have a mixer.....if it appears the molasses is just making little balls...add a wee bit more molasses...simples as that....store in air tight jar...now i add more molasses if i want a dark brown sugar...

recipe:

1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup sugar

now i use blackstrap molasses.. ..combine in bowl and stir for about 5 minutes....yes i have a mixer.....if it appears the molasses is just making little balls...add a wee bit more molasses...simples as that....store in air tight jar...now i add more molasses if i want a dark brown sugar...

Why would I want to do this? I can buy brown sugar, Madam.

ahh it is cheaper...invest in the molasses.....i make things when i can...hell i make my own vanilla....that takes over a year ...

cheap vodka and expensive vanilla beans...its really easy.....pour out enough of the vodka then stuff the beans in the bottle....making sure the beans are covered by the vodka...do not try to soak the labels off with the caps on...you just explode the fucking bottles...(lesson one)...seal with caps....put in dark place...shake the bottles when you think of it....and in a year you got vanilla..the nice thing is once you do the first year...you just add enough vodka to replace what is used...and you have vanilla for life....beats buying the fake shit they sell here in the us

recipe:

1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup sugar

Why would I want to do this? I can buy brown sugar, Madam.

Madeline, sometimes when you make it yourself it tastes better. Just like growing a garden. I grow my own radishes, tomatoes, green beans and such even though I can buy them from the farmers market or store because I enjoy growing things and they taste better. I can also pick them when I need them. When I send people cards I make them myself, not buy them because it comes from inside of me and they know that if I spent the time and effort then I must I care for them. The problem witht he world today is that no one does anything except buy things. Whatever happened to the old American pioneer thought of doing it yourself?

By the way, I love brown sugar on rice. mmmm

Last edited:
O, I know fresh veggies are tastier, zzzz. I haven't bought a store bought tomato in like years.....but the brown sugar thingie confused me.

I LOVE the vanilla idea, though.

I was a grown woman before I realized that brown sugar is just sugar and molasses, lol. It was quite shocking; I thought it was just unrefined sugar.

I'm going to try the brown sugar thing, and the vanilla thing too.

Thanks, Bones!

recipe:

1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup sugar

Very cool! Thanks bones.

:thup:

Forum List

Back