Making a God Of Wrath

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
There have been a few threads on here that outline the dire fates awaiting those of us who do not share the writers' POV on religion. My question to those of you who believe that God is lying in wait for us nonconformists and will do us harm:

Why's that make you so happy?

There's a gleeful attitude in these Ops, as if the writers cannot wait to see the rest of us punished for being wrong. Sometimes I wonder, do you worship God?

Or have you made a god of Wrath?

There have been a few threads on here that outline the dire fates awaiting those of us who do not share the writers' POV on religion. My question to those of you who believe that God is lying in wait for us nonconformists and will do us harm:

There's a gleeful attitude in these Ops, as if the writers cannot wait to see the rest of us punished for being wrong. Sometimes I wonder, do you worship God?

Some people make rage their God.

Yeah, Maddy, they seem almost as happy as you do whenever you find something wrong that Christians have seemingly done that you can complain about and act like it's the norm. :lol:

I don't think God is lying in wait to do you harm, Maddie, so why would I address it?

because the truth is;

god did NOT make man in his own image....

men
make their gods
in THEIR OWN image

Yeah, Maddy, they seem almost as happy as you do whenever you find something wrong that Christians have seemingly done that you can complain about and act like it's the norm. :lol:

well

you could have chosen to actually address her question

instead of behaving like a 12 year old....
"oh yeah? well you do it too!"
is a very immature response.

when you die, will you be remembered fondly and live on in the minds of people as a good "soul" .... or will you be remebered for your "sins" and live in the minds of people as an evil "soul" ..... god is not vengful...people are....

God takes no pleasure in the suffering of man. God has destroyed people in the past and will in the future, but, as the Bible states... he doesn't want any to be destroyed, but he wants all to repent and be saved.

Religions do promote the teaching of the suffering of man in hell if he doesn't obey God, but that teaching is nowhere in the Bible. I think you are right that sometimes people seem to enjoy the suffering of nonbelievers. That wouldn't be a Christian attitude.

Neubarth is a nut case, why would I waste my time?

He's just the kind of Christian that Madeline has been writing about.

Madeline often insinuates that all or a majority of Christians are like that.

I very much question Neubarth's authenticity.
That's right, she does think a significant numbe of Christians are like Neubarth. BTW I went to see Billy Graham when I was in high school. There was a whole stadium of Christians there.

I think of Neubarth as a clown or drag queen of Christianity. Nice guy to hide behind but nobody wants to own him.

He's just the kind of Christian that Madeline has been writing about.

That's right, she does think a significant numbe of Christians are like Neubarth. BTW I went to see Billy Graham when I was in high school. There was a whole stadium of Christians there.

I think of Neubarth as a clown or drag queen of Christianity. Nice guy to hide behind but nobody wants to own him.

I'd bet a million bucks the guy is not a christian, he's doing it to flame, and catch all the little outraged moths that happen to be flying by.

I'd bet a million bucks the guy is not a christian, he's doing it to flame, and catch all the little outraged moths that happen to be flying by.

He's a troll alright. A flaming Christian one.

In what way is Neubarth not a christian, Newby?

I think he's playing a game Maddie, being a troll, just spouting off whatever he thinks will offend people and cause outrage. Nothing more, nothing less.

because the truth is;

god did NOT make man in his own image....

men
make their gods
in THEIR OWN image

And in their own prejudice and predilections, hatreds and dysfunctions.

Forum List

Back