Make Your Thoughts Known Now

Please remember, if you oppose the new tax in HR 4213, you probably should pressure your representative to vote it down, as the Senate has already passed it. I have ZERO doubt Obama will sign it if it reaches his desk.

http://www.house.gov/

All of you have email, but if you can afford to I would also recommend a phone call. There's so much at stake and not much time left to act. Your representatives have offices in your district as well as in DC, if long distance charges are a burden to you. Voting is necessary and good, but we have to keep after our elected officials once they take office, or stupid shit like this gets passed on the sly.

unit8_lesson2_attach1.jpg

Last edited:
Madeline, I email my congressman at least once a week. I telephone his office on about a monthly basis and have actually had one scheduled meeting with some of his staff people. He still will only vote the way Madame Pelosi tells him to; he won't dare go against her wishes.

I'm waiting for sugar in the super market to have a Federal tax stamp on it like liquor and cigarettes do for state taxes.

Madeline, I email my congressman at least once a week. I telephone his office on about a monthly basis and have actually had one scheduled meeting with some of his staff people. He still will only vote the way Madame Pelosi tells him to; he won't dare go against her wishes.

Well then SFC Ollie, this is what I suggest. Gather together your fellow Vets and Seniors, and make a press release:

"Lodge X and Senior Center Y demands an answer from Rep Z as to why he is even entertaining voting "yes" on HR 4213. We demand to know why he feels it is just to extract the last dime from American families to protect the assets of BP, now at risk because of their oil spill."

Send it to every news outlet in the area and be prepared to answer reporter's questions and even go on camera if necessary...keep beating that drum. This new tax will cause devastation to families in my area if it is passed, and that is doubtless true of your area as well.

Sometimes when polite persuasion does not work, pushy confrontation will. I think this is worth fighting.

Make my thoughts known now?

Alright. I want peanuts.

Thanks for letting me share.

The $100,000,000 question is this: If this tax passes, will it go away after the spill is cleaned up?

"Never let a crisis go to waste." - Obama Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel.

I have just finished reading this bit of reporting from the Associated Press. It appears there will be no further vote on HR 4213 until June 7th, when Congress returns from the Memorial Day holiday break. What is disturbing is the suggestion that the bill we may have helped table may have included an extension of unemployment benefits and COBRA benefits for families suffering job loss.

How can we still not be able to tell all that HR 4213 provides for? And if in fact these important benefits for American families will be interrupted, why on earth are they included in the same bill as a provision for a 400% increase in the Federal Gasoline Tax?

Congress must STOP WRITING THESE MEDUSA BILLS and use technology like facebook and twitter to announce pending legislation this important. No constituent should have to "support" new taxes in order to support extension of critical unemployment benefits...and whatever else was in that bill. Apparently, even the AP is struggling to keep up, since the gas tax is never mentioned once in the article and no bill numbers are provided.

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2010/05/war_funding_bill_gets_through.html

medusa.jpg

Last edited:
All this is is a way to offset the huge deficits they have created. Not $1 will go to what it is intended. I PROMISE.
Yeah....such a move really wiped-out our economy, the last-time.

:rolleyes:

"As this example illustrates, using the increase in average tax payments produces a misleading picture of what has happened to the typical family tax burden. In this example, the typical family — the family that falls in the middle of the income distribution, with half of families earning more income and half earning less — pays no more in federal income taxes before the 1993 tax code changes than after.

The vast majority of taxpayers saw no change in their income taxes as a result of the 1993 law. CBO estimates that most households paid only $38 more per year, as a result of the 4.3 cent per gallon increase in the gas tax."

Note: Teabaggers should avoid Texas History-books....for obvious-reasons.​

Forum List

Back