Make your own bubble bath

why not use liquid castille?

This is the first time I am going to try this. So,is your suggestion just to use liquid castille and add the different oils to that?

Now... I just need to figure out where to buy the oil...the craft stores maybe...like Hobby Lobby? :confused:

Glycerin's easy. Any health food store will have it. Craft stores may or may not. Even your local supermarket might have it. It's also a really nice ingredient in massage oil because it creates a warming sensation with friction.

Haven't made it yet. It will probably be a project for this weekend. I still need to go to Hobby Lobby and Target.

So far I have the oils though and plan to do two different fragrances.

Vanilla Pomagranite

And

Lilac (at my daughter's request...it's for her)

You can get these fragrances at Michael's. The other two they had in store were Mandarin Orange and Jasmine.

Vanilla and jasmine together makes an incredible scent. Just remember that the jasmine is usually much stronger than the vanilla, so you may have to adjust the amounts to get the right mix.

If you don't mind ordering off the Internet, try this site:

Soapmaking Supplies | Soapmaking Recipes | Soap making Supply | Snowdrift Farm | Essential Oils for Soapmaking

I swear by them for any homemade skin care product. They have EVERYTHING, and their prices are very reasonable.

Bath salts and scrubs are easy to make too. I get the dead sea salts from ebay in bulk.

Sugar scrubs and bath fizzes are also easy to make, and I love the tingly, carbonated feel of the bath fizzes. Oh, and homemade massage oil is WORLDS better for your skin than the commercial stuff.

Bath salts and scrubs are easy to make too. I get the dead sea salts from ebay in bulk.

Sugar scrubs and bath fizzes are also easy to make, and I love the tingly, carbonated feel of the bath fizzes. Oh, and homemade massage oil is WORLDS better for your skin than the commercial stuff.

mmmmm

sugar and a few drops of shea oil do wonders for the lips :)

Went looking for bubble bath at the stores and realized there are not that many choices available. Found this list of bubble bath recipes on the internet. Everything from bubbles to use for romance,during cold season etc.

Indulge yourself and make your own bubble bath. Bubble bath is a wonderful inexpensive way to treat yourself. Supplies are easy to find and you can create a bubble bath suited exactly to your personal tastes and needs.

Example:

Sweet Dreams Bubble BathThis bubble bath has lavender and patchouli oils to relax you before bedtime. Use soft music and lighted candles in your bathroom for a soothing effect.

•6 drops of lavender oil
•3 drops of patchouli oil
•1 quart of distilled water
•1 bar of castille soap. (4 oz. Bar)
•4 ounces liquid glycerin

Directions: mix the water, soap and glycerin together and stir. Now add your essential oils to the mixture.

Nice information. It is surely helpful but do it have a good effect in our body? Does it help to relieve stress?

Went looking for bubble bath at the stores and realized there are not that many choices available. Found this list of bubble bath recipes on the internet. Everything from bubbles to use for romance,during cold season etc.

Indulge yourself and make your own bubble bath. Bubble bath is a wonderful inexpensive way to treat yourself. Supplies are easy to find and you can create a bubble bath suited exactly to your personal tastes and needs.

Example:

Sweet Dreams Bubble BathThis bubble bath has lavender and patchouli oils to relax you before bedtime. Use soft music and lighted candles in your bathroom for a soothing effect.

•6 drops of lavender oil
•3 drops of patchouli oil
•1 quart of distilled water
•1 bar of castille soap. (4 oz. Bar)
•4 ounces liquid glycerin

Directions: mix the water, soap and glycerin together and stir. Now add your essential oils to the mixture.

Nice information. It is surely helpful but do it have a good effect in our body? Does it help to relieve stress?

Oh, yeah. A nice, steamy soak in the tub with that bubble bath would not only be VERY relaxing, but that combination of ingredients would also be good for your skin.

Now, if I can just find the castille soap. So far every place I have been says they are having a hard time getting it in for some reason ( It's on back order). I put my name on the list though...hopefully it will arrive soon....I really want to try this.

Now, if I can just find the castille soap. So far every place I have been says they are having a hard time getting it in for some reason ( It's on back order). I put my name on the list though...hopefully it will arrive soon....I really want to try this.

Have you tried looking for it online?

Personally, I get castile soap from Trader Joe's. Dunno if you have a place like that. If not, order from Snowdrift Farm. I offered the website in an earlier post.

Castile soap is not a brand of soap; it's a type, made with vegetable oils (usually olive oil) rather than animal fats. So it's very likely your supermarket or drug store has at least one. You may have to spend some time reading ingredient lists.

If you have a Kroger family supermarket near you (and you should), I believe they carry Kirk's Natural Products, which includes castile soap, both bar and liquid.

Forum List

Back