Make your home a Doom level - Turn anything into a Doom level...

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Developer says:
"I soon realized that there was a clear opportunity to serve the Dark Lord by conceiving a plethora of unholy algorithms in service to one of the finest works ever created in his name. Simultaneously, I would be able to unleash a truly terrible pun to plague humankind. Now, the fruit of my labor is born. I bring forth DOOMBA, a half-goat, half-script creature, with native binary backing for the expensive parts, to be offered in place of my firstborn on this fine Christmas Eve.
Some will say that it's pointless, but I have faith in my heart that the Dark Lord will wipe these people from the face of the earth and trap them in a dimension of eternal hellfire. Their suffering will be legendary."

Sure, bro...
All you need is to feed the system with imagery. You can even use an iRobot Roomba to create imagery of your home and convert it into a level.

This tool lets you generate custom Doom levels with your Roomba

True confidence in the democratic representation...
I don't remember the last time I played Doom........ Fifteen years ago? :dunno:
If you have Doom II original files e.g. you can improve the experience with doomsday:
Doomsday Engine
Tried it last year, didn't work.
It just works fine. All you have to do is to manually pre-set a folder for the wad files.
Great! How do I do that? (In layman's terms......).

True confidence in the democratic representation...
If you have Doom II original files e.g. you can improve the experience with doomsday:
Doomsday Engine
It just works fine. All you have to do is to manually pre-set a folder for the wad files.
When you start Doomsday Engine for the first time you see the button "Select IWAD Folder". Hit it hard and choose any folder. Close the program and copy (only) the wad file into this folder:

wade5ep3.jpg

Restart DE and the game should automatically be available.

de4zc7p.jpg

Don´t miss the options like AA in the DE UI and the many additional options in the Doom 2 options. You can even enable jumping.

Doomsday Engine
When you start Doomsday Engine for the first time you see the button "Select IWAD Folder". Hit it hard and choose any folder. Close the program and copy (only) the wad file into this folder:

wade5ep3.jpg

de4zc7p.jpg

Don´t miss the options like AA in the DE UI and the many additional options in the Doom 2 options. You can even enable jumping.
Hit it hard and choose any folder. Close the program and copy (only) the wad file into this folder

Still not layman enough........ (I don't mess with files, never really had to, other than renaming following specific a-z instructions so you have to talk non-Geekenes.........)

Last edited:
Doomsday Engine

wade5ep3.jpg

de4zc7p.jpg

Hit it hard and choose any folder. Close the program and copy (only) the wad file into this folder

Still not layman enough........ (I don't mess with files, never really had to, other than renaming following specific a-z instructions so you have to talk non-Geekenes.........)
No need to mess with files. Just copy the Doom2.wad into the folder you have selected in DE.

wade5ep3.jpg

de4zc7p.jpg

No need to mess with files. Just copy the Doom2.wad into the folder you have selected in DE.
Unfortunately that's not self explanatory....... I don't know how to do that. What folder are you talking about? How do I get there? :dunno:

wade5ep3.jpg

de4zc7p.jpg

Unfortunately that's not self explanatory....... I don't know how to do that. What folder are you talking about? How do I get there? :dunno:
When you have clicked on the "Select IWAD Folder" an explorer window opens that allows you to navigate and choose any folder. The Doomsday Engine´s bin folder is opened by default. You can select it, close DE and copy the doom2.wad into this bin folder using the Windows Explorer. Then start DE again and it should look similar to the screenshot above.

wade5ep3.jpg

de4zc7p.jpg

When you have clicked on the "Select IWAD Folder" an explorer window opens that allows you to navigate and choose any folder. The Doomsday Engine´s bin folder is opened by default. You can select it, close DE and copy the doom2.wad into this bin folder using the Windows Explorer. Then start DE again and it should look similar to the screenshot above.
Sounds like fun...... :dunno:

wade5ep3.jpg

de4zc7p.jpg

Sounds like fun...... :dunno:
48396502_277297709511669_740596883184943104_o.jpg
48396502_277297709511669_740596883184943104_o.jpg

Ya know, for some strange reason I still can't make it work........ Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm using Linux....... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back