Make your donations count

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
gplus2041167170.jpg

FTR, I've donated to four of the five charities on the first chart and five of 10 on the second.

I used to work in fundraising, and something like 80 cents of every dollar raised goes to the charity or program of the average charity. So when I see the first chart and the claim that the March of Dimes only gives 10 cents and UNICEF only 5 cents, I know that's nonsense. The guy who created that post either doesn't understand what he's looking at, is lying, or is an idiot. I'll be charitable and assume the first reason.

The salaries paid is a legitimate complaint. However, if someone can significantly increase the donations of the charity, I'd say they are worth it. I genuinely admire the CEOs who take no compensation for their work.

In 2011 the "Wounded Warrior Project" announced that it was partnering with the Red Cross. My guess is that the Red Cross is losing support and needed a patriotic theme. I agree with Hoss that "Samaritans Purse" is a good one but you have to be ready for junk mail. The Salvation Army seemed to have been the first out to help the Florence victims. You can bet on those Christmas bell ringers.

Forum List

Back