Make The School Great Again!

Discussion in 'Education' started by PoliticalChic, Jul 29, 2018.

1. SweetSue92

SweetSue92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,585
    Agreed about the Dept of Ed.

The more top-heavy the gov't entity, the more useless it is. The Dept of Ed is a great example of this.

2. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,041

I wish it were that easy, TT.

1. For sure, Jimmy Carter created that seat at the table for Liberalism, Incorporated.....but as you can see in the post you linked to, the teachers' unions have both doubled down on Leftist indoctrination, and taken control of the profession, nationwide.

2. Vouchers are another way out, as is homeschooling.

That would be a start.

3. regent

regent Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,430
    So are we to assume that the period of greatness in public schools was the period before
    the creation of the Department of Education? The same department of education that is headed by a Trump appointee

4. SweetSue92

SweetSue92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,585
    For my part, I'm skeptical of the conservative propensity to look backward with rose-colored glasses on and the Progressive propensity to look forward with same. Some things in education have been great developments and some things have been huge steps backward. For example, from the education I rec'd in the elem classroom in the 70s, we have come a long way, thank God. But I suspect my teachers had a lot more autonomy than we do now (for as little as they did with it).

We know some things work, however. The teacher always has huge impacts on student learning.