Make membership optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let members revoke membership by request. How about it?
you don't want to be a member, just stop coming here and posting.

not that hard
It's a habit, and one that's hard to break. If requesting to have my membership terminated isn't an option I'll see what kind of block site I can put on the place. I don't want to return.
change your password to ['ouahov l,n

that's all it takes

IDK but that's how it worked. I can't mention who the forum was on here but they are huge, like hundreds of individual forums.

When forums first were popular, back quite a few years ago, many of them did have the option to delete your own account. I saw many. Not true now days as a general rule.

She can't help herself so needs help in the ass kicking to the curb. Oh, they could ban her if they wanted to...but the name and the POSTS stay. ;)

Gracie, stop being such a bitch....seriously.
Nope. Truth hurts and now it is not just us seeing the bullshit. The internet is vast, ya now.

You are being extremely hateful and it's not necessary at all.
Yes. Yes I am. Need help finding the ignore button? It's next to the exit sign.

Allow me to remind you that when you had your board meltdown a month or so ago that I was one of the posters here that tried to lift you up. Give back a little that was shown to you.

Ok. Want an explanation? One where she won't be able to get me banned? Ok. This is a straw man scenario:

A man down the street beats his dog to death and poisoned another neighbors dog just to watch it die. If he is still breathing when I get done with him since he did not bother to hide the yelps and bragged about what he was doing to the neighborhoord dogs, he goes up and down the street asking for help in starting his truck cuz he wants to move. Am I supposed to be all nice nice and help him or go poke holes in his tires and beat the fuck out of him again just for general principles?

Don't bother to answer. I will beat the fuck out of him until he limps out of our neighborhood and those that don't like it can stuff it up their shorts.

I have a thing for abusers of children and/or animals. Simple as that.

not that hard
It's a habit, and one that's hard to break. If requesting to have my membership terminated isn't an option I'll see what kind of block site I can put on the place. I don't want to return.

that's all it takes
???

IDK but that's how it worked. I can't mention who the forum was on here but they are huge, like hundreds of individual forums.

When forums first were popular, back quite a few years ago, many of them did have the option to delete your own account. I saw many. Not true now days as a general rule.

I'll have to check to see of the one I was on changed their policy, it's been like a year now

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Gracie, stop being such a bitch....seriously.
Nope. Truth hurts and now it is not just us seeing the bullshit. The internet is vast, ya now.

Allow me to remind you that when you had your board meltdown a month or so ago that I was one of the posters here that tried to lift you up. Give back a little that was shown to you.

Ok. Want an explanation? One where she won't be able to get me banned? Ok. This is a straw man scenario:

A man down the street beats his dog to death and poisoned another neighbors dog just to watch it die. If he is still breathing when I get done with him since he did not bother to hide the yelps and bragged about what he was doing to the neighborhoord dogs, he goes up and down the street asking for help in starting his truck cuz he wants to move. Am I supposed to be all nice nice and help him or go poke holes in his tires and beat the fuck out of him again just for general principles?

Don't bother to answer. I will beat the fuck out of him until he limps out of our neighborhood and those that don't like it can stuff it up their shorts.

Tell the police? Animal welfare?

not that hard

that's all it takes
???
If you change your password to one you cannot ever remember and did not write it down, then log out....you can still read, but can't post. Which does not really serve the purpose of the weakling that can't control themself.

What do you mean "DELETE"?

They had a setting in account management and you just deleted your account, poof!!!! Gone, try to sign in under the name and it told you the account was deleted

Your content would stay I am assuming.

Everyone having that kind of authority would lead to too many problems.

Yeah the content stayed but the account was gone.
Giving that kind of authority to general membership is also worrisome. Should one account get hacked they could be deleted by another.

I do not doubt what you are saying but I do find it problematic.

Tell the police? Animal welfare?
IF this man existed, yes. I said it was a strawman scenario. You read between the lines yourself. I plan on staying here, thankyouverymuch.

Membership has always (as far as I know) been optional. In that we would honor requests to "close an account". Might take a small meeting. But doable.

We can make it simple and keep your content or at the other extreme -- eliminate every trace of your existence and make sure your IP address never lands on a logged in USMB page again.
Full service check-out. OR -- you can just leave the key in the "Self CheckOut" box..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back