Make May 30th a Federal Holiday to Celebrate Victory in Mexican American War in 1848

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Treaty of Guadalupe-Hildago took effect on this date in 1848. United States of America acquired the land that is now most of the western states and expanded the Republic to Pacific Ocean. U.S. also compensated Mexico with $15 million dollars, thus making it a legal contract as well. Could have parades, rodeo's, and cookouts. Hardware stores could run sales on fencing so families could establish property sovereignty.

I like holidays but we can't have every day be a holiday So I think we should have Miscellaneous Day in which everyone can celebrate anything they choose.

This OP is in a lot of pain folks.

You guys ought to rally around him.
Well, there is talk of making Juneteenth a federal holiday, so I just wanted to nominate a better candidate for a holiday.

The people who moved to what is now texas promised allegiance to the Mexican government. Then what.

1. I do not know whether the appropriate word is "victory."

2. Even a young Congressman named Abraham Lincoln opposed that war, which was intended to steal land from Mexico.

3. In 2020, it seems that Mexico has "reconquered" its lost land through legal and illegal immigration.

4. It seems to me that innocent Americans today are being punished for what their ancestors did back in the1840s.

5. Just as innocent Americans today are being punished for what their ancestors did in allowing the institution of slavery.

One DOES reap what one sows, doesn't one?

1. I do not know whether the appropriate word is "victory."

2. Even a young Congressman named Abraham Lincoln opposed that war, which was intended to steal land from Mexico.

3. In 2020, it seems that Mexico has "reconquered" its lost land through legal and illegal immigration.

4. It seems to me that innocent Americans today are being punished for what their ancestors did back in the1840s.

5. Just as innocent Americans today are being punished for what their ancestors did in allowing the institution of slavery.

One DOES reap what one sows, doesn't one?
How are you being punished for a day that celebrates the abolition of slavery?

I am talking about real examples, not your fragile ass feelings

Forum List

Back