Make it stop!

Now I feel really stupid.

I don't have that blocked!

My apologies Ravi. I will now turn full, undivided attention to this issue.

Okay, Ravi. Here's how to make the blinking stop in FF:

Open a new tab and type about:config in Firefox's address bar, press "enter."

Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button, and then in the Filter field enter browser.blink_allowed. Change the value for that key from true to false, and you're good to go. The blinking is gone on next page reload and forever from then on.

However you'll still see the red type and the yellow green box.. Can you live with that?

:eusa_pray:

How do I make the flashing "your notification" button go away and that puke green color when someone pms or reps me?
stop posting and we'll stop repping you

Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button, and then in the Filter field enter browser.blink_allowed. Change the value for that key from true to false, and you're good to go. The blinking is gone on next page reload and forever from then on.

However you'll still see the red type and the yellow green box.. Can you live with that?
Yes, I can live with that...it's only the blinking that bugs me...but how do I change the value from true to false?

Yes, I can live with that...it's only the blinking that bugs me...but how do I change the value from true to false?
In the Filter field enter browser.blink_false then press "enter" on the keyboard, close the tab, and you're outta there.

In the Filter field enter browser.blink_false then press "enter" on the keyboard, close the tab, and you're outta there.
:( I must be doing something wrong. I tried that, too.

When I did the first thing you said above with the config...I got to the browser.blink_allowed and the value is true but there is no way that I can see to change it to false.

When I did the first thing you said above with the config...I got to the browser.blink_allowed and the value is true but there is no way that I can see to change it to false.
Double click it in the filter, and it will toggle to "false."

:clap2::clap2::clap2:I just found that on google and it works.

I love you, man!!!

I'll work on your three reps!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:I just found that on google and it works.

I love you, man!!!

I'll work on your three reps!!
Found what on Google?

Does anyone know the reason why they changed it to green/red/blinking? Is it just to get our attention to read the pm/rep? Oy.

Forum List

Back