make gravity a law, how

Gravity is easily tested, and easily understood. Pick a bridge which spans a body of water, Golden Gate or Brooklyn for example. Walk to the middle of the bridge and step off. It meets the standard for a test: easy to verify for validity and reliability.

and it can be repeated over and over...

kind of like wash, rinse, repeat.

Love, Loss, Hope, Repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. We have Newton and Einstein describing the affects of gravity in mathematical terms. Neither one, and no one else that I know of, have given us anything but unproven hypothesis on how gravity actually works.

Yet, we know how gravity behaves. Isn't that the same thing?

Why it behaves as it does is another matter. And since one matter is affected by another matter then it doesn't really matter now does it?

If there ever was a proven Law of Gravity.

The government would tax people for using it. :cool:

And conservatives would find a way to privatize it.
And liberals would mandate that everyone must adhere to the new PC law of gravity.

And force people to jump of off tall buildings and bridges. :cuckoo:

No wonder politics are fucked up in this modern age. Propaganda and fear mongering have warped the definitions of "liberal" and "conservative" into polar opposites of what they meant when the terms were coined only 300 years ago.

Try to remember... Thomas Jefferson was a 'liberal' and Benedict Arnold was a 'conservative'.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...th-conservatism-america-was-born-liberal.html

damn, i actually agree with mini.

damn, damn... :doubt:

Oh hell......

Maybe all that 2012 stuff is true?!?!?

:)

sadly, it might be.

i think i'll go blow a wad of cash on a pair of Jimmy Choo's

VEry wise, Jill.

Because you know, you only get one chance to make a good last impression, too.

(and THIS for those of you who are Firesign Theater fans)

Shoes for industry! Shoes for the DEAD!

Last edited:
maybe I have gone mad at the age of 28. but maybe God kicked my butt and made me start to think.

I need to know what causes gravity. I see some say its a graviton (like dark matter). but why would that travel to the center on each planet? and what would increase the numbers on earth instead of all the other planets.

You don't seem to grasp the graviton. It's thought to be a force-carrier.

elementary_particles.gif

I have also read that gravity cannot be a law because of the fact it cannot be constant. I'm sure all you know that in order for something to become a scientific law you have to test, test, test and make sure you get the same number every day. if you drop a leaf it will not land in the same location it did the day before if you released it from the exact spot. wind is to much of a factor.

You're joking, right?
am I just going mad with science?

I think you're a bored idiot

Firesign Theatre, now there is a name I have not heard for years.

Another Firesign Theatre tip.
If you turn your underwear inside out you can wear it for another 3 days.

Gravity is easily tested, and easily understood. Pick a bridge which spans a body of water, Golden Gate or Brooklyn for example. Walk to the middle of the bridge and step off. It meets the standard for a test: easy to verify for validity and reliability.

All that means is that humans sink in air. Same test shows much different results if a bat steps off.
Not if we perform the test in a vacuum

All that means is that humans sink in air. Same test shows much different results if a bat steps off.

Humans will not fit inside a vacuum.
Just little leggo humans.
Plus it is VERY windy in there.

there are three laws existing in nature that rule the world

gravity

electro-magnetism

and , as soon as there is any kind of life existent: The Motivation

and they´re classified in this succesion.

gravity is the basic law: Masses adducting each other

electro-magnetism can bear down gravity

and finally, the motivation of lifeforms can bring out actions which arent explainable with gravity or electro-magnetism. Well, they can explain how lifeforms act, contraction of muscels by electric stimulation and so on. But they can´t caxplain why a lifeform acts at all.

I think, we´re standing in all three sciences still at the beginning of the understanding.

It would have to be a pretty small bridge, even without the cat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back