Make a will for your........SPERM?????

The wife is an idiot.

I feel for her loss, but she should look for someone else to start a family with now rather than intentionally bringing more fatherless children into the world.

The wife is an idiot.

I feel for her loss, but she should look for someone else to start a family with now rather than intentionally bringing more fatherless children into the world.

Agreed...whether it was God or mother nature, it obviously wasn't meant to be.

Agreed...whether it was God or mother nature, it obviously wasn't meant to be.

At the risk of being browbeaten by the cadre of USMB progressives, I believe that the traditional family structure is generally the best fit for raising a child.

I'm not sure how a woman wanting to carry on her husband's bloodline by having his child can be equated with destroying all life on earth.

I hope it works out for her.

I wasn't equating the two. I was pointing out what I consider to be a flaw in your statement.

I really don't care how it works out for her, I just think she is being stupid and selfish. If she considered the children she hopes to birth as much as her dead husband, she'd realize she is making an unwise decision borne solely out of emotion rather than sound judgement.

Why would you say that when science allows it to be? I think the guys' mother is an idiot....and clearly she hates her daughter in law.

If I had to choose who should get the sperm I would say the wife...
I think it's a noble thing to do. But I think the argument about it is retarded.
If she wants to artificially do things, that's her business, but I just feel different about the man having no say in it, cause he's dead.
It's just something you don't hear about every day.

As far as the meant to be, if she believed in God, then it's obviously was not meant to happen beacause he's dead. If she doesn't, then it's obvious that mother nature, chance, coincidence, that it wasn't meant to happen, cause he's dead.

Now science is a whole different matter.:cool:

I wasn't equating the two. I was pointing out what I consider to be a flaw in your statement.

I really don't care how it works out for her, I just think she is being stupid and selfish. If she considered the children she hopes to birth as much as her dead husband, she'd realize she is making an unwise decision borne solely out of emotion rather than sound judgement.

I don't think her judgment is unsound. And, I can tell you that I decided long before I got married that if I wasn't married by the time I was 30, I'd have a child anyway, that she and the child will both do fine, IMO, of course. As it happened, I ended up getting married and it wasn't an issue. But I figure it makes more sense than someone getting married because she hears her biological clock ticking.

If I had to choose who should get the sperm I would say the wife...
I think it's a noble thing to do. But I think the argument about it is retarded.
If she wants to artificially do things, that's her business, but I just feel different about the man having no say in it, cause he's dead.
It's just something you don't hear about every day.

As far as the meant to be, if she believed in God, then it's obviously was not meant to happen beacause he's dead. If she doesn't, then it's obvious that mother nature, chance, coincidence, that it wasn't meant to happen, cause he's dead.

Now science is a whole different matter.:cool:

And my feeling is that G-d gave us the ability to create the science that allows her to have a child.... so it is perfectly well meant to be...same as any other woman who has in vitro. Because, let's face it... if it had to happen naturally, lots of us wouldn't be able to have had children.

And my feeling is that G-d gave us the ability to create the science that allows her to have a child.... so it is perfectly well meant to be...same as any other woman who has in vitro. Because, let's face it... if it had to happen naturally, lots of us wouldn't be able to have had children.

Fair enough...I just my opinion. I would want to be there for the "making" of my child. Just a personal goal I have. :cool:
And really, the Devil gave us intelligence...from the tree of knowledge remember??

I don't think her judgment is unsound. And, I can tell you that I decided long before I got married that if I wasn't married by the time I was 30, I'd have a child anyway, that she and the child will both do fine, IMO, of course. As it happened, I ended up getting married and it wasn't an issue. But I figure it makes more sense than someone getting married because she hears her biological clock ticking.

I disagree. I actually believe it makes less sense.

Can I get a collective Hear Hear that this is not the 80s and we are not argueing about test tube babies?

But I don't believe that. Remember? To me it's just an allegory about obedience.

Oh that's right...lol...well good then...we can't convince each other. We have what you would call a "stalemate"
:cool:

Forum List

Back