Majority Rates Obama ‘Same’ as or ‘Worse’ Than George W. Bush

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hey TM... Gallup still a reliable poll source?

Majority Rates Obama ‘Same’ as or ‘Worse’ Than George W. Bush - ABC News

A majority of Americans rates President Obama “about the same” or “worse” than his predecessor, George W. Bush, according to a new Gallup poll.

When a random sample of 1004 adults were asked to compare the 43rd and 44th presidents, 34 percent of respondents said Obama had been a worse president than Bush, while 22 percent said he was about the same.

The response from independent voters might be most telling for Obama: a troublesome 67 percent said they considered him about the same or worse than Bush.

An even greater majority view him as the same or better than BOOOOSHHH

Prolly better to harp on that 5 point edge with Independents.

Since when is 56>43?

When a random sample of 1004 adults were asked to compare the 43rd and 44th presidents, 34 percent of respondents said Obama had been a worse president than Bush, while 22 percent said he was about the same.

Forty-three percent, a plurality, said they preferred Obama’s handling of the presidency.

Since when is 56>43?

Forty-three percent, a plurality, said they preferred Obama’s handling of the presidency.

Since never.

43 > 34

Since when is 56>43?

Since never.

43 > 34
I suggest you read what he and the article said. THE majority think Obama is as bad or worse than Bush.

It's not a difficult concept.

And, a plurality is not a majority.

Maybe you need more coffee.

This is NEVER a bad thing...

1lg072tea.gif

Either way, it is not a great statement about the Obama administration.

Unfortunately, most of these folks, like so many Americans believe that the President actually has a greater affect on things than he actually does.

American was not set up to be that way.

if that were the case, we would be a monarchy.

President Obama is getting the blame for a lot of things he can't control. And being compared to another president who was in the same boat.

Which isn't to say that starting those wars was someone else's issue. On that ISSUE, Bush is front and center a candidate for the bottom of the barrel.

That President Obama hasn't done much differently gives him a ticket to join ex-President GWB at the bottom.

Since when is 56>43?

Since never.

43 > 34
I suggest you read what he and the article said. THE majority think Obama is as bad or worse than Bush.

No, I got the concept.

Same + worse = majority think he's as bad or worse

It's what stats you cite and how you present them.

My point is that because more people think he is better than Bush than those who think he is worse (by a 43-34 margin) those numbers can just as easily be cited as "an even larger majority think he's about the same or better."

I think that's all irrelevant anyways.

Ultimately the numbers that matter in the poll are the Independents like I cited in my original post. It looks to me like Obama needs to get some work done there.

Last edited:
Since never.

43 > 34

No, I got the concept.

My point is that because more people think he is better than Bush than those who think he is worse (by a 43-34 margin) those numbers can just as easily be cited as "an even larger majority think he's about the same or better."

Ultimately the numbers that matter in the poll are the Independents like I cited in my original post. It looks to me like Obama needs to get some work done there.
I see what you wanted to say.

I'm not a big fan of polls myself. For the most part, they don't predict shit.

And, I agree with you that the independents' vote is where the win is. Obama's position with them is dubious, true.

Last edited:

No, I got the concept.

I see what you wanted to say.

I'm not a big fan of polls myself. For the most part, they don't predict shit.

And, I agree with you that the independents' vote is where the win is. Obama's position with them is dubious, true.

Dubious but not anything insurmountable.

And yeah, I take all polls with a large grain of salt especially this far out. Once it gets close to crunch time I think they become more accurate.

Forum List

Back