Majority of swing-state voters say they are NOT better off than in 2008

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
However 40% say they ARE better off, which is mind boggling to me !
I haven't spoken to a single person who says they are BETTER off.
Everyone says they are either at about the same level, or not doing as good.
Hard to believe that 40% could honestly say they are better off.

PRINCETON, NJ -- A majority of voters in key 2012 election swing states say they are not better off than they were four years ago; 40% say they are better off. Swing-state voters' assessments of their situation compared with 2008 have varied little since last fall.

The results are based on the latest USA Today/Gallup Swing States poll, conducted Aug. 6-13 with a sample of 970 registered voters in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The results are similar for all U.S. registered voters, among whom 42% say they are better off and 55% say they are not.

Presidential candidate Ronald Reagan famously asked Americans, in a 1980 presidential debate, if they were better off than four years ago. Shortly thereafter, he decisively defeated incumbent Jimmy Carter in the presidential election.

Swing-State Voters Say They Are No Better Off Than in 2008

The only people better off than they were in 2008 are Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and their families. And that's because they abused their power to increase their wealth, all the while bashing the wealthy. It's like a fucking greek tragedy watching these three monkeys fucking a football called our economy.

PRINCETON, NJ -- A majority of voters in key 2012 election swing states say they are not better off than they were four years ago; 40% say they are better off. Swing-state voters' assessments of their situation compared with 2008 have varied little since last fall.

The results are based on the latest USA Today/Gallup Swing States poll, conducted Aug. 6-13 with a sample of 970 registered voters in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The results are similar for all U.S. registered voters, among whom 42% say they are better off and 55% say they are not.

Presidential candidate Ronald Reagan famously asked Americans, in a 1980 presidential debate, if they were better off than four years ago. Shortly thereafter, he decisively defeated incumbent Jimmy Carter in the presidential election.

Swing-State Voters Say They Are No Better Off Than in 2008

The key word is "honestly" - something you'll rarely get from a liberal. That 40% knows damn well they are not better off, but they would rather see us all living in poverty so that we are all "equal" (ask Cuba how well that philosophy is working).

If you're looking to the goverment to make your life better, then you're probably looking in the wrong place.

If that is true, who should they logically blame?

o-gold.jpg

• Banned

If that is true, who should they logically blame?

o-gold.jpg

The buck stops at the desk of the president.
Obama even said himself if he couldn't get it done he was a one-termer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You get an 8 out of 10 for a sex thread parody.

Maybe a poll with this kind of question just cannot be accurate.

If you were asked if you are better off now than in '08, you would know it's a political question.
It's likely then that Obama supporters would say they are better off, while Romney supporters would say the opposite.

Forum List

Back