Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

I think that attacking foreign aid is kind of like stepping over a $20 bill to pick up a nickle.

A THOROUGH AUDIT of precisely where all our money went in UKRAINE would provide the American people with a glimpse of just how our "political class" steals from us, and expose the worst offenders..... Biden clearly being hi on that list.

Foreign aid is all about our political class getting kickbacks.

See? You and I CAN agree on something! Yay!!!!! :11_2_1043:

I think that attacking foreign aid is kind of like stepping over a $20 bill to pick up a nickle.

A THOROUGH AUDIT of precisely where all our money went in UKRAINE would provide the American people with a glimpse of just how our "political class" steals from us, and expose the worst offenders..... Biden clearly being hi on that list.

That's fine, there are bigger issues where graft, and corruption within our elected reps are fleecing us though....I think we need to focus on those, but I understand the baby steps and would be fine with starting at foreign aid, as long as we realize that doesn't fix the total problem...

I'm not parroting anyone

You can't answer the question because you don't understand BASIC MATH.

If interest rates rose to 1990 levels, our tax revenues would fund just the interest on the debt and virtually nothing else, and that IS a REAL RISK.....

Think of all the money we would have for our own people if we didn't have to give it away in an attempt to "buy" friends? Although, I must admit that running a successful government does take some diplomacy. You would not want all of those countries getting together to attack you because they want what you have. Running a government must be tricky business, and I KNOW they have to get their hands dirty and a lot of times "chum up" to those we would rather have nothing to do with. It must be quite a balancing act, and I admit that I probably have no idea what is REALLY going on. :)

No, you made a comment that "taxes were higher at one point, and it didn't end America"..... So, if you're for soaking the wealthy, for the horrible crime of being successful, how much of their money should you be allowed to rob?

Yes, I did make that comment because it is true. It was not a commentary on the idea of higher taxes on the rich, it was a factual comment. Taxes on the rich were once far higher and it did not end America, in fact many would say it was on of our best stretches.

I want everyone to pay more taxes, you mean and the really really rich and the really really poor. Unlike you I am not good with freeloading and I think it is morally wrong to run deficits in a booming economy. Neither of the two major parties nor their voters favor spending cuts, thus we need to man up and start paying our way and quit leaving it for our kids and grandkids.

Why do you enjoy being a freeloader?

You made the comment because you are an ignorant leftist. He said a wealth tax would destroy us. You pretended we have had one before by posting a chart of income tax.

Just more propaganda.

That's fine, there are bigger issues where graft, and corruption within our elected reps are fleecing us though....I think we need to focus on those, but I understand the baby steps and would be fine with starting at foreign aid, as long as we realize that doesn't fix the total problem...

Good point. I want to start at home with our illegal immigration problems. There is some other "foreign aid" we can do without!

Those who support higher taxes are 100% pure kleptocrats obsessed with stealing ever more and totally devoid of any patriotism to the US.

I'm not parroting anyone

You can't answer the question because you don't understand BASIC MATH.

If interest rates rose to 1990 levels, our tax revenues would fund just the interest on the debt and virtually nothing else, and that IS a REAL RISK.....

Well, not according to a lot of economists who DO understand basic math and then some. That's why I quoted you a link with their opinions as well.

No, you made a comment that "taxes were higher at one point, and it didn't end America"..... So, if you're for soaking the wealthy, for the horrible crime of being successful, how much of their money should you be allowed to rob?

Yes, I did make that comment because it is true. It was not a commentary on the idea of higher taxes on the rich, it was a factual comment. Taxes on the rich were once far higher and it did not end America, in fact many would say it was on of our best stretches.

I want everyone to pay more taxes, you mean and the really really rich and the really really poor. Unlike you I am not good with freeloading and I think it is morally wrong to run deficits in a booming economy. Neither of the two major parties nor their voters favor spending cuts, thus we need to man up and start paying our way and quit leaving it for our kids and grandkids.

Why do you enjoy being a freeloader?

You made the comment because you are an ignorant leftist. He said a wealth tax would destroy us. You pretended we have had one before by posting a chart of income tax.

Just more propaganda.

The problem with a "wealth tax" is that it wouldn't solve the shortfall problem, and the table of what constitutes "wealth" would slide...

2020 federal income tax brackets
Tax rate Single Married filing jointly or qualifying widow
10% $0 to $9,875 $0 to $19,750
12% $9,876 to $40,125 $19,751 to $80,250
22% $40,126 to $85,525 $80,251 to $171,050
24% $85,526 to $163,300 $171,051 to $326,600
4 more rows

5 days ago

I just quickly looked on google and saw this.

Libs hate specifics. Ask any of them to post their opinion on income levels and tax rates that are fair. No one will respond with specifics.

Those who support higher taxes are 100% pure kleptocrats obsessed with stealing ever more and totally devoid of any patriotism to the US.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far...What I would say is that the founders had it right when they talked about this working for as long as the people didn't start to vote themselves largess from the treasury....That is exactly what the progressive democrats are proposing now, and it will be a tough slog to convince people that THEY are responsible for their own lives, and NOT the governments....

not according to a lot of economists

BAWK goes the PARROT

Email your favorite economist and ask that question..... it is BASIC MATH.....

This chart says our interest cost was $383 billion last year, with interest rates near historical lows....

If INTEREST RATES RISE, the COST of the DEBT goes up proportionately....

INTEREST RATES were more than 5 times higher in 1990 than now.....

So if the US interest cost was 5 times $383 billion..... that's $1.9+ trillion..... and don't forget that the Pelosi Schumer budget just added another $1+ trillion this year....

There are those who parrot, and those who think and understand.....

Pay no attention to those who parrot.....

and it will be a tough slog to convince people that THEY are responsible for their own lives, and NOT the governments....

before 1998 we had a Republican Party that did that, and the result was a budget surplus.....

Since 1998, the post 1998 Republican Party has been as bad or worse than the Democrats on that issue....

BAWK goes the PARROT

This chart says our interest cost was $383 billion last year, with interest rates near historical lows....

So if the US interest cost was 5 times $383 billion..... that's $1.9+ trillion..... and don't forget that the Pelosi Schumer budget just added another $1+ trillion this year....

If stopping the bleeding were the actual goal here shouldn't we be addressing the real monster? Unfunded Entitlements?

Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

That's a total lie don't believe it. They can't even pass one in a hard core blue state when the people have a chance to vote for one. Dem's tried and failed, it went down in flames with over 60% of the people voting no. This after Dem's went so far as to promise to steal the wealth from the rich and gift every dime to the poor and middle class. It still failed because its theft and wrong, voters told Dem's to shove the wealth tax up their ass.

Well, I hope you're right...Because, one thing I know is that most people are way too busy these days to spend time talking about this crap with others like we do on boards like this....They see the constant drum beat of progressivism on the news, late night talk, and even in their entertainment shows when they sit down to relax before bed....And then they start thinking with their emotions instead of what it would really do to this nation....And viola! you get a poll like this...

Liberals in liberal infested WA state tried to pass a tax on the 'rich'. Whacking the 'rich' for 5% of their income, there's no state income tax in WA so this would have been a net new tax. Polling wasn't doing to well so the liberals started running ads about how they would steal from the rich and give them the money if they would only vote to approve the wealth tax. In a state wide election this measure went down in flames, over 60% of the people in a deep blue state voted HELL NO.

BAWK goes the PARROT

Sorry, I see people screeching about debts and deficits when it suits them when in ALL other cases, they are more than happy to ignore it.

Not to mention, President Trump is already trying to balance that with his tariffs. They will increase government revenue.

and it will be a tough slog to convince people that THEY are responsible for their own lives, and NOT the governments....

before 1998 we had a Republican Party that did that, and the result was a budget surplus.....

Since 1998, the post 1998 Republican Party has been as bad or worse than the Democrats on that issue....

Can't argue with that....So, how do we convince the people who are now hooked on voting themselves freebies, that they need to brush out these theives?

Forum List

Back