Majority of Americans agree the use of Torture was justified Polls say

I happen to agree with most Americans in this poll. As a matier of fact I'll take it a step futher , and say my only problem with enhanced interregation is it does not involve pliers and a blowtourch.
Do you think that torture obtains quality intelligence, or do you simply want to mete out revenge the way medieval civilizations did?

Do you think that torture is an ideal we American should champion? If so, what virtues are there in torture that meet the ethical and moral standards we should hold? Could we Americans object to human rights violations in other countries while we employ torture as a means of revenge? What are your standards so far as ethics and morality are concerned?

I feel no sympathy for terrorists. The more uncomfortable they are the better. And yes I think extreme measures are effective when coercing information. The bottom line is this is a war and we need to do what we need to do to keep our people safe.

I happen to agree with most Americans in this poll. As a matier of fact I'll take it a step futher , and say my only problem with enhanced interregation is it does not involve pliers and a blowtourch.
Do you think that torture obtains quality intelligence, or do you simply want to mete out revenge the way medieval civilizations did?

Do you think that torture is an ideal we American should champion? If so, what virtues are there in torture that meet the ethical and moral standards we should hold? Could we Americans object to human rights violations in other countries while we employ torture as a means of revenge? What are your standards so far as ethics and morality are concerned?

I feel no sympathy for terrorists. The more uncomfortable they are the better. And yes I think extreme measures are effective when coercing information. The bottom line is this is a war and we need to do what we need to do to keep our people safe.
So...you are in the "torture as punishment" camp. Ok.

If 52% of Americans believe that slavery is okay, should we still have fought a Civil War to free the slaves? m.

The Civil War was not over slavery. That is a myth perpetrated by the winners. Slavery was legal in the US before the Civil War, during the Civil War and after the Civil War for almost a year. Lincoln's filthy ass justification for killing American was to "save the Union" not "free the slaves".

Democracy always produces abuse by the majority over the minority that is why it pretty much sucks as a form of government, especially in a Constitutional Republic form where the guaranteed rights are ignored as we are seeing by Obama nowadays.

And then we wonder why we have mass shootings...

If 52% of Americans believe that slavery is okay, should we still have fought a Civil War to free the slaves? m.

The Civil War was not over slavery. That is a myth perpetrated by the winners. Slavery was legal in the US before the Civil War, during the Civil War and after the Civil War for almost a year. Lincoln's filthy ass justification for killing American was to "save the Union" not "free the slaves".

Democracy always produces abuse by the majority over the minority that is why it pretty much sucks as a form of government, especially in a Constitutional Republic form where the guaranteed rights are ignored as we are seeing by Obama nowadays.

The War for Southern Independence was most certainly about Slavery. Slavery was a state issue and in many states it was illegal. For the United States is was about keeping the Union intact. For the Confederate States it was all about keeping Negros enslaved in perpetuity as property.

Whether you agree with the tactics used by the CIA on the detainees or not, a majority of Americans in three polls found that the those tactics used against detainees were justified.

A majority of Americans believe the harsh interrogation tactics detailed in last week's Senate Intelligence Committee's report on the Central Intelligence Agency's handling of prisoners after the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks were warranted, a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds.

The survey — conducted following the release of the committee's long-awaited report on the CIA's controversial techniques — found 51 percent of Americans approved of the tactics, while 28 percent said they went too far.

The results virtually match a Pew Research Center poll that also found 51 percent believe the CIA's methods were justified, while 29 percent said they were not. A Washington Post-ABC News poll released Tuesday found 59 percent approved of the CIA's tactics, while 31 percent disapproved. The same poll found roughly half of Americans believe the CIA treatment of suspected terrorists amounted to torture, while 38 percent said it did not.

Majority of Americans say CIA tactics detailed in Senate s torture report were justified - Yahoo News

51% kinda close on the "most" thing. i figure that's about the same percentage who would vote for segregation...

that's why we have laws. but i'd guess you'd have to be older, smarter and more moral to understand that.

Playing the race card makes you look stupid.

then the rightwingnuts should stop doing it.

Beyond stupid is saying that quoting poll figures is racist.

Forum List

Back