Majority Leader Eric Cantor touts strategy to grow economy

Still have to fall back on name calling when your argument fails, I understand. Still it's better than the crude words that had become so very common as of late.

Name calling? Not at all, my comment was an observation based on the comments by MS. I read cliches all the time, cliches which present a conclusion without any evidence of proof. I'm a pragmatist, I understrand the government has a role and the private sector has a role, both in problem creation and problem solution.

My dear, you've written nothing but cliches, followed by some examples you thought bolstered them. When that failed, you fall back on name calling and logical fallacies. It's what you do.

Please edify me, which logical fallacies have I offered? Which cliches?

In all honesty you've offered nothing but an ad hominem attack. By the way, leading off with a "My dear" is patronizing and a sign of a weakness of character (now that's how to post a personal attack using nice language).

Name calling? Not at all, my comment was an observation based on the comments by MS. I read cliches all the time, cliches which present a conclusion without any evidence of proof. I'm a pragmatist, I understrand the government has a role and the private sector has a role, both in problem creation and problem solution.

My dear, you've written nothing but cliches, followed by some examples you thought bolstered them. When that failed, you fall back on name calling and logical fallacies. It's what you do.

In all honesty you've offered nothing but an ad hominem attack. By the way, leading off with a "My dear" is patronizing and a sign of a weakness of character (now that's how to post a personal attack using nice language).

Patronizing has it's place, especially in response to your appeal to ridicule, which was your hope with tea party reference. Now if you meant that I've beliefs that are central to those in tea parties, you know, the ones from the constitution regarding federalist system, then I misunderstood your use.

Patronizing has it's place, especially in response to your appeal to ridicule, which was your hope with tea party reference. Now if you meant that I've beliefs that are central to those in tea parties, you know, the ones from the constitution regarding federalist system, then I misunderstood your use.

My use of the tea party was to express my opinion which I will make clear now. The tea party, generally, is an emotional outburst manipulated by plutocrats and other 'leaders' of the movement seeking personal power and wealth.
Tea party members are little different than the working men and women, union members both in the private and public sectors, currently being scapgoated by the GOP. They are being used by the plutocrats who hope to return labor relations to what existed in the 19th century. By supporting this effort by the New Right, the fringe of what used to be the GOP, they are setting the stage for themselves becoming the next victim of corporate control of our nation.
The tea party members wanted a better deal (as do union members); the difference being tea party members are not in a union, don't have civil service protection and generally lack the same benefits of those being vilified by Walker and others.
They believe by supporting those currently attacking other working men and women that they will benefit. I believe they are wrong.
I've seen what Wal-Mart has done to small communities. Main street is boarded up, the local business men and women and the people they employed have gone to work for Wal-Mart. Look to small town America, it is a vision of the future; those who believe their small business is the engine of America haven't noticed commerical real estate has gone under, small business has closed yet the parking lots a Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are full.

Notice I didn't call you out, until now, for failing to respond to my questions. Cliches, not likely. Simply open eyes, open mind and consider how the conservative movement has been co-opted by the far, far right.

Last edited:

My use of the tea party was to express my opinion which I will make clear now. The tea party, generally, is an emotional outburst manipulated by plutocrats and other 'leaders' of the movement seeking personal power and wealth.
Tea party members are little different than the working men and women, union members both in the private and public sectors, currently being scapgoated by the GOP. They are being used by the plutocrats who hope to return labor relations to what existed in the 19th century. By supporting this effort by the New Right, the fringe of what used to be the GOP, they are setting the stage for themselves becoming the next victim of corporate control of our nation.
The tea party members wanted a better deal (as do union members); the difference being tea party members are not in a union, don't have civil service protection and generally lack the same benefits of those being vilified by Walker and others.
They believe by supporting those currently attacking other working men and women that they will benefit. I believe they are wrong.
I've seen what Wal-Mart has done to small communities. Main street is boarded up, the local business men and women and the people they employed have gone to work for Wal-Mart. Look to small town America, it is a vision of the future; those who believe their small business is the engine of America haven't noticed commerical real estate has gone under, small business has closed yet the parking lots a Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are full.

Notice I didn't call you out, until now, for failing to respond to my questions. Cliches, not likely. Simply open eyes, open mind and consider how the conservative movement has been co-opted by the far, far right.

Fine, when you label opinion as opinion, not as derogatory statements. My opinion is that economies change, as do the services we decide to buy or not. I loved the mom & pop grocery store, 40+ years ago. Up until them, my mom walked the 3 blocks for meat and produce during the week. However, when most of the moms got that second car, they saved money by going to the chains, first National and A & P, then dominated by bigger stores, but locally owned. Today those grocery chains are doing ok, but are picking up competition in the middle by Trader Joe's, at the low end by Aldi's, (same owners as TJ's), and at the premium end by Whole Foods.

Same with the local hardware, lots of people went there, but not when Sears came out with Craftsmen tools of better quality and price. Now it's Home Depot, tomorrow something else. Actually our more tony mall around here has a place called "Restoration Hardware" it does a very brisk business, though sells much more than just tools. :lol:

Our 'industries' have spent the past 40+ years working hand in glove with the unions, reaping profits and paying extremely high salaries. It was good, the middle class lived lives that the rich of 75 years ago only dreamed of and the poor had trappings of the middle class. While no one was watching though, even the early warnings in the 60's when the steel mills closed due to more efficient mills in Japan and Germany, so went the other industries. Now the left wants to blame it on the owners, the right on the unions. No one is building factories or facing facts.

At this point it's time to say it doesn't matter how we got here, it's where we are going. Some want to follow European models, those which European leaders are now trying to undo. Doesn't seem like the way to go. Government cannot run businesses, nor create wealth. While it appears they create all these government jobs, it's just making the cost of government more expensive, while taking money out of the pockets of tax payers-rich, middle, and poor.

I don't love any political party or politician. I favor the individual over the collective. I want solutions and more freedom, not less. Those are cliches, but cliches built on the underlying principles of our country's founding.

There's a huge problem with your promotion of NASA as the source of all innovation: it's not true.

The innovation was performed by PRIVATE SECTOR ENTITES that did the projects. You are also forgetting the concept of "what could have been done" if the government hadn't sucked so much money out of the economy for these projects. The government is not an efficient investor of "capital" - the private sector does much more with far less.

There's a huge problem with your promotion of NASA as the source of all innovation: it's not true.

I know it's not. That's why I never said it. In fact, until you, I never heard anyone say that. So where did that quote come from?

You claimed it was the biggest contributor to the world economy, bub.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

Name a bigger one. If you could've you would've. Of course, you won't be able to. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

You are on the Republicans side.
Wrong. I'm a T.E.A Partier.
War with "Libya"? That's ridiculous.
You didn't get the memo did ya'? Obama declared a National State Of Emergency over Libya on the 25th:
Obama declares national state of emergency over Libya | The Cable
Why just Libya and not all the OTHER middle east nations in the midst of revolution? Have thought of asking those kinds of questions?Do you even read your own links? :confused::
Just as a reminder; The Democrats control the Senate these days.
It already passed the house and senate. Remember? Back when the Dems controlled both? The Republicans are trying to DEFUND it. Get your fags straight.
As far as our trading partners, they work through the Chamber of Commerce, the group that contributes more than 90% to Republicans, to make sure they can continue to swindle the middle class.
Bullshit! Our trading partners are working with and through the laws presented in the agreements they signed. Happily too as they're in their favor. The biggest swindlers are the Goldman Sachs types who, not coincidentally, are now working for Obama in increasing numbers. (Obama's Chief of Staff being just the latest)
Ron Paul? I could never vote for someone who believes evolution is a lie.
Why not? You voted for Obama right? He says he's a Christian right? The Bible says evolution is a lie.
Romans 1:25
"“They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.”

See? You already voted for someone who believes evolution is a lie. :lol:

The Democrats don't control the Senate. They never have. The filibuster party controls the senate. And yes, there are conservatives in the Democratic party. Because it is a coalition party. Not a strict conservative party made up of 90% whites. Why you people don't get that? I don't know.

So the Tea Party is not Republican? You might want to tell them that.

Catholics know evolution to be true.

So you don't believe in science either? Waste of time trying to reason with the ignorant. This is why Republicans have no problem with their destructive policies. Because they "imagine" they work, but ignore the facts that prove otherwise. Even facts such as "recent history". Right wingers just keep dragging the country down farther and farther.

Putting the issues under the right authority would do a lot to clear the federal deficit. The states or local governments are more responsive to the people, if they don't have the largesse of the Fed as an alternative and master.

It's more than just "placing the blame". It's about competing ideologies.

One ideology wants growth and education and research and job creation and new technology.

The other ideology wants tax cuts for the wealthy, and spending - but only on the military, and to slash funding for, not only education, but also slash funding for: rebuilding the infrastructure, researching new technology, and they want to destroy unions and remove regulations for clean air and clean water so corporations can squeeze every cent they can out of the country.

This is one of those few cases where there really is two sharply defined ideologies which translates into opposing choices.

You can cut spending all you want, but if the economy isn't growing, it will never be enough.

Where has all the spending on education gotten us so far?

Everyone knows that the education system in this country is failing.We trail many countries at many levels.The left's answer to fix it is the same answer the left has to fix anything.

SPEND MORE.....

Sorry but enough is enough.Until we get our shit together we now spend less.
Obama spent $ 228,000 of stimulus money for each job created.Where has that gotten us.

:(

Made us the most technologically advanced nation the world has ever seen?

Well, half of us anyway. The other half are Republicans and they want to drag the nation down to their level.

See the photos of the Bay Bridge, before, then and now. Proof that another conservative commandment is utter bull shit. The government can and does create wealth.

Bay Bridge construction photo - Google Search
Right. Because no private company has ever built a bridge. :lol:

Fine you want government as the answer I don't.i cringe every time our government gets involved....in anything.:eek:

You'be been indoctrinated with too much right wing ideology. You seem to actually believe their bullshit. That nonsense corrodes you brain to the point where you actually believe in Bible fables such as "Noah's Ark" and "humans lived with dinosaurs" and "Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day".

Forum List

Back