Major University demands students reject science, perpetuate lies

Yeah, the gender stuff is getting stupid. The right denies science too, though. Anybody feel like having a conversation about evolution? Any Republicans here think the Earth is 6,000 years old? Noah's Arc?

This is a good example for one of the most stupid endless discussions in the USA which makes absolutely no sense. When the first time someone tried to find out how old the world is he used the bible for his calculations and found out the world is about 6000 years After some more approximations we know now it is 13.8 billion years old. I'm interested in the next step. And I don't understand why someone is not understanding what's written in the story of Noah's arch. Every child understands this story easily. But some people seem to leave the sphere of the human race and start suddenly not to understand what they were able to understand once. When did you help an animal to survive the last time in your life? Do it again - and perhaps you will understand Noah again, when he said to his wife: "We are responsible for all life all around us!"

Yes, we as a united world of human beings are responsible for all life around us on this planet we share. However, more important, relevant and intimate responsibilities preclude imminent concern for global matters far out of our reach or personal power to affect. They are defense of and provision for family, and defense of community and nation. Above even these is defense of our young people; their bodies and minds--particularly from demented philosophies such as the one given treatment in this thread.

Let me say it this way. I made the experience the word "not" is an extremely dangerous word. "Not a piece of paper" is for example everything what is not a piece of paper. The planet Saturn for example is not a piece of paper. So what? Lots of things are very confusing when bad philosophers play strange games with the word "not". That's why the moon is made of green cheese for example. When I educated my children I thought seriously about whether I should educate them as Christians in a world full of egocentrics. Who loves his children likes the best for them independent from the own ideas. I decided to do so because of the sentence "The values, which you keep, will hold you". I'm very happy about this decision.

Left-wing ideology always ends in the collapse of civilization. Here we have a large university demanding that their students reject the scientific fact of a person's actual gender and instead perpetuate the lie of an alternate gender/reality.

Calling someone by wrong pronoun might get you fired or expelled, college’s gender policy draft says

What scientific fact are you referring to?

Reading problems? Have an adult explain it to ya.

nope, just giving you idiots a little bit more rope

Incorrect. Coerced speech is an issue of vital importance to every last American. Questionable that one should speak so freely for the anti-American view.

This isn't an issue of "coerced speech"...

this is an issue of employment terms. If you want to work for this university, then you have to be respectful of people's gender identity.

Left-wing ideology always ends in the collapse of civilization. Here we have a large university demanding that their students reject the scientific fact of a person's actual gender and instead perpetuate the lie of an alternate gender/reality.

Calling someone by wrong pronoun might get you fired or expelled, college’s gender policy draft says

What scientific fact are you referring to?
Read the 5 words directly after “scientific fact”.
scientific fact of a person's actual gender

Gender is not a scientific term, let alone a scientific fact

The point is to prevent someone from deliberately and continuously calling a person something that offends them
Only a left-wing statist tool like yourself would be more concerned with the feelings of a fellow mentally ill tool than scientific fact and reality. Idiot. :eusa_doh:

Gender is a literary term, not a scientific one.

Incorrect. Coerced speech is an issue of vital importance to every last American. Questionable that one should speak so freely for the anti-American view.

This isn't an issue of "coerced speech"...

this is an issue of employment terms. If you want to work for this university, then you have to be respectful of people's gender identity.

This issue is an extension of Political Correctness, a cultural paradigm that while unlegislated or enforced by court decision, has in effect become the de facto law of the land. Professional codes of conduct notwithstanding, the university cannot force speech as a civilian institution. Further, if it does (terminate) the offender's employment, the nearest civil liberties organization should seize upon the opportunity to provide legal defense.

This issue is an extension of Political Correctness, a cultural paradigm that while unlegislated or enforced by court decision, has in effect become the de facto law of the land. Professional codes of conduct notwithstanding, the university cannot force speech as a civilian institution. Further, if it does (terminate) the offender's employment, the nearest civil liberties organization should seize upon the opportunity to provide legal defense.

They'd be wasting their time...

These issues have already been litigated, Employers can fire you for your conduct.

They'd be wasting their time...

These issues have already been litigated, Employers can fire you for your conduct.

Of course, they can. Also, at-will-employment. However, with tenured status the waters of rapid dismissal run murkier. The minutiae of the argument here, bound to snowball beyond the quadrangle, is the profession of the ones being coerced into using the pronouns; shapers of young minds. How many court decisions are we as a nation from hate speech laws that compel speech or limit it in the presence of certain identity groups? If you are at least a reasonable thinker who rejoices in his First Amendment protections, this issue ought to be found troubling and highly relevant to protecting all our freedoms.

Of course, they can. Also, at-will-employment. However, with tenured status the waters of rapid dismissal run murkier. The minutiae of the argument here, bound to snowball beyond the quadrangle, is the profession of the ones being coerced into using the pronouns; shapers of young minds. How many court decisions are we as a nation from hate speech laws that compel speech or limit it in the presence of certain identity groups? If you are at least a reasonable thinker who rejoices in his First Amendment protections, this issue ought to be found troubling and highly relevant to protecting all our freedoms.

again, not going to get upset about the hysteria that you are trying to make.

If this was about a tenured professor sexually harassing a female student or making racial comments to a minority student, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It'd be a violation of conduct codes and that person would be gone.

Yeah, the gender stuff is getting stupid. The right denies science too, though. Anybody feel like having a conversation about evolution? Any Republicans here think the Earth is 6,000 years old? Noah's Arc?
I bet you won't find as many Republicans who think the world is only 6000 years old as Democrats who think there is more than 2 genders.
I'll take that bet.

again, not going to get upset about the hysteria that you are trying to make.

If this was about a tenured professor sexually harassing a female student or making racial comments to a minority student, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It'd be a violation of conduct codes and that person would be gone.

Very well. But first, ask yourself why racial comments, or sexual harassment leapt to mind as coming from higher moral strata than this issue of violation of workspace conduct? Does any politicking belong in the work place? Or only the politicking relevant to your party's platform? Protect and punish them all, or none at all. That's what I say.

Very well. But first, ask yourself why racial comments, or sexual harassment leapt to mind as coming from higher moral strata than this issue of violation of workspace conduct? Does any politicking belong in the work place? Or only the politicking relevant to your party's platform? Protect and punish them all, or none at all. That's what I say.

Um, no.

Disrespecting trans people isn't "politics" any more than racism or harassment.... that's why the two are equivalent.

look, they aren't going to fire someone because they accidentally called a trans person 'he'. This is designed for those who harass and abuse trans people.

Which I'm fine with, really.

Um, no.

Disrespecting trans people isn't "politics" any more than racism or harassment.... that's why the two are equivalent.

look, they aren't going to fire someone because they accidentally called a trans person 'he'. This is designed for those who harass and abuse trans people.

Which I'm fine with, really.

And that's admirable of you, truly, to speak in defense of any fellow American. However, let us ask ourselves why it is permissible to allow sexual identity and preference expression as protected employee classification at all in the workplace--an insertion of the most personal into the professional sphere, when for countless generations, professional codes of conduct ran in de facto cultural norm of excluding such distinctions? And rightly so.

As a manager or a commander, it is understood by SOPs and codes of conduct, written and culture specific to the workplace, that I will view and address the subordinate employee or soldier as just that; a genderless, asexual, and vital component of my team. Of course, workplace terms of address such as Mr. or Mrs or Ms.. do distinguish gender, but do not imply sexual preference. No, coerced speech for non-existent "genders" violates your entire case for the workplace.

I bet you won't find as many Republicans who think the world is only 6000 years old as Democrats who think there is more than 2 genders.
I'll take that bet.

Me too....because people don't think there are more than two genders. What they do believe is that gender is not determined at birth and can be changed.

The illiberal Leftist authoritarians march on.

More on the way.

So how would you propose to handle the situation, Mac? It's essentially workplace harassment is it not? What if there was someone who kept calling you Muck instead of Mac at work. You've asked him not to. The boss has told him not to but he won't stop. Does the boss have recourse to fire him?

More on the way.
So how would you propose to handle the situation, Mac? It's essentially workplace harassment is it not? What if there was someone who kept calling you Muck instead of Mac at work. You've asked him not to. The boss has told him not to but he won't stop. Does the boss have recourse to fire him?
As with most things, it would depend upon the context.

If a bigoted bonehead (from any persuasion) is disruptive to a workplace, the employer certainly has the right to do what is necessary to remove the disruption. That would generally include a warning, and then discipline, and then termination.

That would include me, if I were disruptive after having someone purposely calling me a name I didn't like.

More on the way.

We should just use the pronoun "it" for everyone. That would solve all our problems

More on the way.

We should just use the pronoun "it" for everyone. That would solve all our problems

Actually it would....then you wouldn't be treating them differently and that'd be okay.

Easiest? Don't be a dick. If Bill is transitioning and wants to be called Bettina, do it. You might slip up, I do but it's never intentional. It's truly not difficult to call someone by their preferred pronoun.

Forum List

Back