Major Storm here

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
We have about a foot of wet snow and its not letting up Power is out. No TV computer or coffee! My only communication is my Blackberry. I'm afraid some big trees may fall on the house. This sux!!!!

What's the weather update down South?

We have about a foot of wet snow and its not letting up Power is out. No TV computer or coffee! My only communication is my Blackberry. I'm afraid some big trees may fall on the house. This sux!!!!

All clear here. Last week was a different story, however. I'll see if Al Gore can send some global warming your way.

Just woke up to a foot of snow as well here in PA. College kid came home last night -- I think she was a little homesick. Doubtful that she'll get back tomorrow. At least the neighbor figured out to park in front of his own house and not ours so the snow plow can clear in front of our house. Why he doesn't pull his car into his drive is beyond me . . . .

Chanel, hope you get your power back. Snowed in is ok; snowed in without power sucks. No coffee? :eek: I'd break out the grill and camping supplies.

It started snowing in Indy about Noon on Friday and was heavy and constant to about 7:00. Following that it was on again, off again and right now appears to be brightening, but still overcast. The snow that fell was wet and heavy, but was snow and not rain or sleet.

I shoveled about 5 inches last night and it looks like I'll be doing the same again today.

My car is idling in the drive trying to get some Greenhouse Effect to help me out.

That's not a bad idea Zoom. My husband is a scout leader We prob have something to cook with He's trying to get out to WaWa for coffee but I have a feeling they may be closed too. My girlfriend just called A tree fell in her yard and just missed the house She's scared to death Wants my husband to come get her but its about 2 miles away. Maybe the power will come back soon but I'm not that optimistic. We're not used to this crap at the Jersey shore. I think we've had one snow day in the past 10 years.

I'm also in PA, but quite a bit north of where you are ZB (the I-80 corridor). We only have about 4 inches here but it's still snowing and the wind is picking up. It's a little messy now but that will be cleared out in an hour or so and life goes on.

And yep, break out the camping gear! Being without power is awful. Being without coffee is worse.

Here in northern IL we just had a bit of snow, enough to make walking and side streets a bit slippery. I heard that parts of PA are expecting 20" or so by the end of the day. I'd not mind that, during the week, but not on weekend! Go snowdays!

Seriously, hope all you Northeast & East Coasters keep power and have plenty of food stocked away.

Last edited:
Here in GA it's just cold, damp and soggy....with flooding. We've had more rain since September than we've had probably in 10 years. People here are wishing for our drought to come back.

I would have loved to get some snow out of the rain we had the past two/three days (which we sent to VA/DC/MA). We don't get snow often enough. :(

Well, hope ya'll get your power back on Chanel. If you need anyone down here, we'll be swimming around in wetsuits and frog feet. With SCUBA tanks. :D

Stay dry Jen. I'm getting nervous My husband has been gone an hour (wa wa is only a mile away) Got a text that said "I'm stranded Send out one of those dogs with the whisky barrel" I called him back and no answer. No answer at my girlfriends either so he may have picked her up and they are both stranded. Uh oh.

You're getting the storm we already had. However since I am in the high desert, we only saw about 6 inches of snow from that one.

The one the week before dumped a foot of snow on us.

snowing as i type....it took me nearly an hour to get into work yesterday....normally 13 mintues...or so....the wintery mix was truly just that....you couldnt figure out what was falling from the sky...today ...its snow

One of the benefits of natural disaster is they remind us why we're willing to put up with the loss of freedom we have to accept if we want to have a civilization.

Husband was kidding He was delivering coffee and breakfast sandwiches to some friends. My friend got her electric back Maybe we're next. I'm worried that our Superbowl party may be canceled. That would really stink.

still snowing...but not really collecting....its like 33 degrees....it will change to rain shortly i expect....freezing rain would not be a good thing

That's not a bad idea Zoom. My husband is a scout leader We prob have something to cook with He's trying to get out to WaWa for coffee but I have a feeling they may be closed too. My girlfriend just called A tree fell in her yard and just missed the house She's scared to death Wants my husband to come get her but its about 2 miles away. Maybe the power will come back soon but I'm not that optimistic. We're not used to this crap at the Jersey shore. I think we've had one snow day in the past 10 years.

Yeah I just finished shoveling my long ass driveway, my body hurts really bad. And I still have to shovel my neighbor's, plus deal with the next foot of snow we're about to get.

I always said I wished we would get more snow around here in the winter. Be careful what you wish for.

Forum List

Back