Major problems with Trump's Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Trumps plan does not mention " preexisting laws " Only a saving account of $4,000 a year...guess what people that will cover shit, unless if you only see a doctor once every couple years.

No preexisting laws means the insurance companies can kick your ass to the street.

What happens when my HSA funds run out?
You may be financially responsible for any eligible medical expenses that fall within the coverage gap.

People can add money to your saving's account..oh brother...Go beg my friends if I need Chemotherapy.. WTF Get a Go Fund Me account to live.

And in time the congress can de-fund the yearly payments to your account..

Anytime each one of us can find cancer or heart problems ect... Your usually looking at a $500.000 or more medical cost bill.

Frequently Asked Questions about HSA Plan Usage
Pros And Cons Of A Health Savings Account (HSA) | Investopedia
Healthcare Reform

Trumps plan does not mention " preexisting laws " Only a saving account of $4,000 a year...guess what people that will cover shit, unless if you only see a doctor once every couple years.

No preexisting laws means the insurance companies can kick your ass to the street.

You may be financially responsible for any eligible medical expenses that fall within the coverage gap.

People can add money to your saving's account..oh brother...Go beg my friends if I need Chemotherapy.. WTF Get a Go Fund Me account to live.

Anytime each one of us can find cancer or heart problems ect... Your usually looking at a $500.000 or more medical cost bill.

Healthcare Reform
That is only one part of a comprehensive plan. He has also advocated for eliminating the bogus borders that prevent interstate competition. He has said preexisting condition coverage must remain and just today I believe he said he would have a more in depth plan in the next few weeks.
Obamacare is unsustainable. It has to be replaced or majorly overhauled.

Healthcare Reform

To be honest, if you asked me for money so you can get life saving health care I think I would let you die or something.

I think HSA's should be allowed to accrue over time. The current plan simply fucks over the individual.

That is only one part of a comprehensive plan. He has also advocated for eliminating the bogus borders that prevent interstate competition. He has said preexisting condition coverage must remain and just today I believe he said he would have a more in depth plan in the next few weeks.

I have been reading that he will continue preexisting ( Thank you ) ...but then again this is concerning report from Forbes below..

The Most Important Thing About Donald Trump's Health Reform Plan Is That Trump Didn't Write It

Trump’s plan doesn’t deal with pre-existing conditions

Trump’s proposal to exclude all health insurance purchases from taxation is a terrible idea. The principal reason why healthcare is so expensive in America is that we heavily subsidize its consumption through the tax code and through entitlement spending, to the tune of $1.8 trillion a year. Trump’s proposal would make healthcare even less affordable than it already is, and has the potential to significantly increase the deficit. Spending on Medicare would increase by at least $800 billion over the next decade. The tax changes could increase the deficit by another trillion or so.

The end result of Trump’s proposed changes would be far fewer people with health insurance, and far costlier healthcare: precisely the opposite of Trump’s goal of “covering everybody” and reducing costs.

Surprisingly, there’s absolutely nothing in the plan about covering people with pre-existing conditions, something that Trump has claimed as one of his highest priorities.

I have been reading that he will continue preexisting ( Thank you ) ...but then again this is concerning report from Forbes below..

The Most Important Thing About Donald Trump's Health Reform Plan Is That Trump Didn't Write It

Trump’s plan doesn’t deal with pre-existing conditions

Trump’s proposal to exclude all health insurance purchases from taxation is a terrible idea. The principal reason why healthcare is so expensive in America is that we heavily subsidize its consumption through the tax code and through entitlement spending, to the tune of $1.8 trillion a year. Trump’s proposal would make healthcare even less affordable than it already is, and has the potential to significantly increase the deficit. Spending on Medicare would increase by at least $800 billion over the next decade. The tax changes could increase the deficit by another trillion or so.

The end result of Trump’s proposed changes would be far fewer people with health insurance, and far costlier healthcare: precisely the opposite of Trump’s goal of “covering everybody” and reducing costs.

Surprisingly, there’s absolutely nothing in the plan about covering people with pre-existing conditions, something that Trump has claimed as one of his highest priorities.
That article is FOUR MONTHS OLD.

Forum List

Back