Major ice/snow storm headed to midwest

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
It just keeps getting worse. Here in central indiana just south of Lafayette, we are expected to get 1 to 1 and a half inches of ice on Tuesday and then on Wednesday (groundhog day) we get 6+ inches of snow and 30 mph winds, blizzard conditions! North of Lafayette is expected to get 12 to 24 inches and high winds and they are already posting blizzard warnings.

An inch of ice and high winds = downed power lines and trees and ice covered roads. then on thursday and Friday the cold hits with temps down to zero. A miserable week for the midwest. And I got to drive and work in it!

Yes, the stores were packed today here in Indy with everyone stocking up on eggs, milk and bread for their Snowstorm French Toast rations!!

I doubt we will have school on Tuesday and maybe even Wednesday if it's going to be that bad. Just hope the power doesn't go out! :eusa_pray:

Yes, the stores were packed today here in Indy with everyone stocking up on eggs, milk and bread for their Snowstorm French Toast rations!!

I doubt we will have school on Tuesday and maybe even Wednesday if it's going to be that bad. Just hope the power doesn't go out! :eusa_pray:

I had to park 1/4 mile away to get my French Toast supplies. I was low on powdered sugar and maple syrup, so I grabbed those too.

And to think, I was missing out on this tradition for all those years. It was not a requirement when I lived in Chicago.

Where I am, we always lose power in ice storms, just a matter of how long it is out. Got the generator ready, flashlights and candles too. No need to worry about the fridge, just put it outside! Getting the 4Wheel drive truck gassed up tomorrow but on ice nothing goes very good except ice skates.

Stores here were packed too with rush on.

It is supposed to mostly sweep north of me here in KY.

HolyGrail036.jpg

Be quiet. I order you to be quiet.

Special Message from the President of the Bitch About the Weather Club

Please don't post things like this on this board cause it scares the children. It also makes those of us that are ready for spring irritable.

That is all.

The global warming/cooling climate change is being very uncivil this year.

It is influencing ice to fall from the sky just to upset us.

Forum List

Back