Major Flu Outbreak Threatens to Slow Economy Further

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Okay, the economy sucks and it has for several years. Strange that the media is focusing on how the flu is adversely affecting the economy, as if it's going to be the next excuse. Once the flu season is over, we'll still have a crappy economy, so it'll be interesting to see what other excuses they can come up with. Weather, maybe? They call the economy sluggish. In the past, much harsher words were used when the economy was a hell of a lot better than it is now.

One of the worst flu seasons in a decade is putting further strains on an already sluggish U.S. economy as companies get slammed with increased health care costs and lower productivity from widespread worker absences.

Hmmm, this is interesting. The media admits we have a higher quality of health care than the rest of the world. I suppose while they are blaming the flu for the crappy economy, they'll find a way to credit Obama for the good doctors we have. Many of those doctors have said they will retire early once Obamacare in is force. I wonder how much longer we will have the best medical care in the world.

If there's one consolation, the U.S has a higher quality of health care to handle a flu outbreak than the rest of the world, said Timothy Nash.

"Our health care system is much better than other countries when it comes to handling an epidemic and the economy of other countries would suffer much more than ours," said Nash.

And we are changing our system to mirror those other countries. Once we have one like theirs, where will all the world leaders go for medical care? They come here now.

Okay, the economy sucks and it has for several years. Strange that the media is focusing on how the flu is adversely affecting the economy, as if it's going to be the next excuse. Once the flu season is over, we'll still have a crappy economy, so it'll be interesting to see what other excuses they can come up with. Weather, maybe? They call the economy sluggish. In the past, much harsher words were used when the economy was a hell of a lot better than it is now.

One of the worst flu seasons in a decade is putting further strains on an already sluggish U.S. economy as companies get slammed with increased health care costs and lower productivity from widespread worker absences.

Hmmm, this is interesting. The media admits we have a higher quality of health care than the rest of the world. I suppose while they are blaming the flu for the crappy economy, they'll find a way to credit Obama for the good doctors we have. Many of those doctors have said they will retire early once Obamacare in is force. I wonder how much longer we will have the best medical care in the world.

If there's one consolation, the U.S has a higher quality of health care to handle a flu outbreak than the rest of the world, said Timothy Nash.

"Our health care system is much better than other countries when it comes to handling an epidemic and the economy of other countries would suffer much more than ours," said Nash.

And we are changing our system to mirror those other countries. Once we have one like theirs, where will all the world leaders go for medical care? They come here now.

Oh, My Darling, if we don't get some major rain in those drought areas within 3 months, that and the Mississippi being shut down is excuse enough.

Forum List

Back