Major Arctic sea ice melt is expected this summer

Atmospheric scientist Jennifer Francis of Rutgers University? Hmmm? Don't recall that being a hot spot for global weather prediction, but I also suppose it's a pretty safe call seeing how the earth is warming, as it has been since the last ice age?? It's kinda like me saying "Deaths due to Traffic accidents will contine next year". No kidding!?! Dumb article.

Hey, maybe Tennessee will get a beach out of this?

Hey, maybe Tennessee will get a beach out of this?

Oh come on, they have been saying how long now that CA is going to be under the ocean. This crap should be left to Hollywood to portray.:cuckoo:

Oh come on, they have been saying how long now that CA is going to be under the ocean. This crap should be left to Hollywood to portray.:cuckoo:

I was under the impression that CA being underwater would be more due to a massive earthquake, than rising sea waters from polar ice melting...no?

It's not like that's completely out of the question, either. The Earth has changed geographically just a wee bit over the years. CA is a microcosm of the entire globe. Losing it to an earthquake doesn't exactly seem like the kookiest of ideas.

I was under the impression that CA being underwater would be more due to a massive earthquake, than rising sea waters from polar ice melting...no?

It's not like that's completely out of the question, either. The Earth has changed geographically just a wee bit over the years. CA is a microcosm of the entire globe. Losing it to an earthquake doesn't exactly seem like the kookiest of ideas.

No, there has been many of the left persuasion to suggest that CA would be under water by now due to global warming.

Better warm up soon. -8 this morning, May 4 in Inuvik... Black Hills of S Dakota Friday had 2-3ft of snow...on May 2. Omaha set a record of 29 that day.

Coldest winter in N American since 1977-1978 and since the winter of 66-67 in east Asia.

According to NASA global COOLING is preparing to enter the scene in the next few years, causing much more impact warming ever could.

Better warm up soon. -8 this morning, May 4 in Inuvik... Black Hills of S Dakota Friday had 2-3ft of snow...on May 2. Omaha set a record of 29 that day.

Coldest winter in N American since 1977-1978 and since the winter of 66-67 in east Asia.

According to NASA global COOLING is preparing to enter the scene in the next few years, causing much more impact warming ever could.

here it was in the 30's in the a.m., and in the 60's pm. Global warming isn't working.

If sea levels do rise there are going to be quite a few overpopulated Indian and Pacific Ocean Islands that will be very hard pressed to keep their necks dry.

Practically that means those islanders will be going somewhere if their homes are drowned. If they come here they go on the doll immediately. Islanders' metabolism is notoriously terrible when it comes to the American diet. So we wind up with a new welfare baby population with all the health problems of obesity.

On the other side Venice and the Netherlands will be hardpressed if sealevels rise. Along the East Coast you will have a lot of beach errosion. Realistically there are quite a few people with expensive property along the intercoastal waterways. They are going to want insurance money, and the insurance companies are going to want a federal bailout.

Tennessee is too high up for ocean beach property. California isn't falling into the ocean.

Once again the global is expected to begin cooling for the next 20 years. What ever will the global warming wack jobs do then? I assume Gore will be making a mivie about us all frezing because of global cooling caused by man.

Actuallly I've heard a few people suggest the reflected light from so many contrails in the atmosphere has offset global warming in an affect called global dimming.

I still think Carbon Credits are a giant scam.

WEll IMO, there had to be water before there was ice at the poles. So if the earth "was" warming rapidly, wouldn't we be going back to normal?

The earth has warmed and cooled rapidly long before humans were burning fossil fuels. This explains the Ice Age as well as the Little Ice Age that peaked in the 1700s when Washington and his army was at Valley Forge.

Forum List

Back