Majesty.

Hi Majesty
I'm a Constitutionlist first, and a prochoice progressive Democrat.
This bewilders and even alienates some of my friends who can't
distinguish me from whom they blame as racist white bigots making similar arguments.

I try to stick to Constitutional arguments and principles for defending
all beliefs equally, treating political parties and platforms as political beliefs and religions.
So all these are supposed to be respected equally,
by making sure govt neither establishes nor prohibits the free exercise
and expression of beliefs, whether religious or political.

Neither side is fully comfortable since they fear the other is going to abuse govt to push their own!

So I end up aligning with more Libertarians and Greens who aren't into pushing party before people.

I'm sure you have similar experiences but maybe coming from the other direction.

My liberal approach makes no sense to conservatives, that I want to include all views equally
and support people and parties in paying for their own programs not impose these through govt.
Because they don't have faith that liberal Democrats and progressives can will or want to take on that responsiblity.

My conservative beliefs in both Christian and Constitutional law used to check church
and state and resolve conflicts to bring unified agreement on solutions is also
too far a stretch for my liberal friends who either fear or lack faith in one or the other or both.

So I am like a little toothpick that is neither a round peg in a square hole or a square peg in a round hole
but I fall through the cracks while other people lobby in big groups to smash each other politically.

I'm still trying to pick out points and solutions all sides can align and agree on.
Just little me. With big ideas and a big heart for all people, I can't stand to watch bully and clobber each other all day!
a progressive democrat = rarity. Most dems are more regressive.
I dont know how someone like you can claim a party like that lol.

Dear TNHarley
I don't know how God called me to serve as a Democrat either.
But Jesus came for the sick not the well.
So I guess God placed me there for a reason.

Democrats will only listen to corrections from their own.
And liberals and nontheists can only understand when
things are explained using their terms and goals they want to achieve.
Then they will listen and make the effort to understand and work toward solutions.

Democrats who can't understand the concept of natural laws rights and social contracts
by consent of the governed and due process of laws
are like Atheists who can't understand what is meant by the Bible.
Maybe that's not their language for the laws.

So I feel I was called to learn how to translate concepts principles and ideas
back and forth between Christians and nontheists,
conservatives and liberals, so we can align on common goals
instead of fighting over different priorities we have.
The principles that govern us remain the same,
but we apply them in different ways. This should not
be in conflict or a threat to anyone else, but the imposition
of political beliefs makes people fight for power and control through govt.

We need to focus on the laws that protect us and our beliefs equally
instead of abusing party power, media and govt to censor or oppress
people of other groups and beliefs unequally.
This comes with education and empowerment through knowledge of
the laws. Since liberals learn by example and experience, we need
to use our history to teach from instead of fighting to blame problems on
other people or groups for political points. Political power should come
from knowledge and corrections to improve govt and perfect our democratic process,
not ignorance and denial of responsibility just to get people in or out of office.

Majesty what are your experiences or opinions of
* gun rights and abortion rights
* prison or health care reforms
* states and federal authority
Anything you can share to give us some background?

My background is I was raised a Conservative. I have never voted for a Democrat. As I stated earlier there are good and bad points to each political party. Neither side is 100% right.

Gun rights.
Passing more laws with the possible exception of raising the age to legally purchase one will not accomplish much. They need to enforce existing gun laws. As far as schools go I don't have a problem with hiring armed security. The way I see it, we protect everything else of value with armed security, why not our kids? Only makes sense.
Abortion. I personally don't believe in it. That being said it's the law. The main argument is it's a woman's right to choose what's she can do with her body. The truth is once a woman is pregnant, it's not just her body anymore. It's her and her unborn child's body. I hope that people make the right choice.
Prison reform is not something I think about however I think Marijuana should be legal.
Health care is a pretty hopeless issue. It's all about money. We are going to have to pay for it one way or another.
I also believe gay folks should be allowed to get married.

My background is I was raised a Conservative. I have never voted for a Democrat. As I stated earlier there are good and bad points to each political party. Neither side is 100% right.

Gun rights.
Passing more laws with the possible exception of raising the age to legally purchase one will not accomplish much. They need to enforce existing gun laws. As far as schools go I don't have a problem with hiring armed security. The way I see it, we protect everything else of value with armed security, why not our kids? Only makes sense.
Abortion. I personally don't believe in it. That being said it's the law. The main argument is it's a woman's right to choose what's she can do with her body. The truth is once a woman is pregnant, it's not just her body anymore. It's her and her unborn child's body. I hope that people make the right choice.
Prison reform is not something I think about however I think Marijuana should be legal.
Health care is a pretty hopeless issue. It's all about money. We are going to have to pay for it one way or another.
I also believe gay folks should be allowed to get married.

That's pretty much a Conservative stance. Welcome

Who, at one time sent Liberals running with fear. I find myself now agreeing with them more and more or should I say disagreeing with Conservatives.

I look forward to many meaningful discussions here.

Ta ta!
[emoji12]

Welcome! I see you've met the mascot and all. Don't worry, we'll judge according to your postings what you are.

Btw, this thread is not for political discussion.

Who, at one time sent Liberals running with fear. I find myself now agreeing with them more and more or should I say disagreeing with Conservatives.

Ta ta!
[emoji12]

Agreeing with Liberals or progressives/regressives ? Huge difference , there MIGHT be four or five true liberals on here...the others have bastardized the name

I guess I should have said I find myself agreeing with what Liberals claim they believe. Whether they actually believe it is a different discussion.
I also agree with Conservatives on some issues.

Meet the USMB mascot. He's a Liberal Conservative. You'll get along jes fine with Bubbly.

3.jpg

Do not forget the....the....blue thing Mr. Hoss :omg: Hossfly

7.jpg

Ta ta!
[emoji12]

Welcome!

16qojx.jpg
What happened to the mascot? You forget to feed it, Hoss?

The pink thing Mr. Hoss feeds it on chocolate ice cream. The blue thing I feed it on fresh SJWs :smoke:

Ta ta!
[emoji12]
Meaningful discussions :rofl:

but the last 'I used to be a rep' has worn himself so thin it's clear he's a commie, so we are overdue for a new one.

:welcome:

Forum List

Back