Mainstreaming Ron Paul...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Great take on Ron Paul from Max Borders...

One of the cleverest things Justin Timberlake ever did was bring sexy back. After all, sexy never really went away. But once the song came out, it didn’t matter. People welcomed sexy back with open arms.

Now there’s nothing particularly sexy about the Ron Paul campaign. But just as Justin Timberlake brought sexy back, Ron Paul is bringing the Constitution back even though it never went away. The question becomes: Is that enough to mainstream Ron Paul?

The left finds much to respect in Paul. Anti-cronyism. Anti-adventurism. Kudos from Jon Stewart. This makes right-wing partisans squeamish. But a lot of people — left, right and center — are starting to get a clearer picture of the Texas congressman. His message is more complicated than “hope” and “change.” And yet it is as simple as the Constitution he’s vowed to restore. Ron Paul is like one of those gestalt pictures. If you look at him long enough, you start to see things that should have been obvious before. That’s the power of principles.

This “largely libertarian logic” has made some people call him a kook.

But now that Paul has begun to refine his rhetoric in sticky areas like foreign policy — e.g., from “managing an empire” to “we can’t afford it anymore” (less Chomsky, more Coolidge) — he’s starting to sound not just principled but pragmatic, two qualities Americans really want in a leader

Read more: Ron Paul | Mainstreaming Ron Paul | The Daily Caller

The democrats would like to mainstream Ron Paul. The American people not so much.

After listening to Ron Paul for a number of years, my poodle knows more about the Constitution than he does. Sad to say. But he does use the word a lot.

If he somehow got the nomination, I would be forced to vote third party for the first time in my life. There is no difference whatsoever in the results he would achieve and the results obama would achieve.

The democrats would like to mainstream Ron Paul. The American people not so much.

After listening to Ron Paul for a number of years, my poodle knows more about the Constitution than he does. Sad to say. But he does use the word a lot.

If he somehow got the nomination, I would be forced to vote third party for the first time in my life. There is no difference whatsoever in the results he would achieve and the results obama would achieve.

:eek: SAY WHAAAT?? Ron Paul doesn't know anything about the Constitution? He's the same as Obama? Man,you're so off on that take you must be living in an alternate universe. You sure you know who Ron Paul is?

:eek: SAY WHAAAT?? Ron Paul doesn't know anything about the Constitution? He's the same as Obama? Man,you're so off on that take you must be living in an alternate universe. You sure you know who Ron Paul is?

well, consider the source......

people utterly ignorant of the constitution are going to claim that their pet knows more than ron paul does abou tit because they have no ability to make a rational comparison.......

and dont let the ron paul haters bother you.. some are so entrenched in blind support of their party, any deviation from what they are told to accept fill them with rage and hate......

people utterly ignorant of the constitution are going to claim that their pet knows more than ron paul does abou tit because they have no ability to make a rational comparison.......

and dont let the ron paul haters bother you.. some are so entrenched in blind support of their party, any deviation from what they are told to accept fill them with rage and hate......

I guess so. Ron Paul the same as Obama? That might just be the most inaccurate assertion ever spewed on this Message Board. And that's saying a lot. Considering how many inaccurate assertions are spewed here on a daily basis. :cuckoo:

I guess so. Ron Paul the same as Obama? That might just be the most inaccurate assertion ever spewed on this Message Board. And that's saying a lot. Considering how many inaccurate assertions are spewed here on a daily basis. :cuckoo:

well, you have to look at it thru their eyes.......

they think anything they support is right and anything they disagree with as wrong......

since they disagree with both obama and ron paul, they view them as the same, someone they disagree with and hate.......

well, you have to look at it thru their eyes.......

they think anything they support is right and anything they disagree with as wrong......

since they disagree with both obama and ron paul, they view them as the same, someone they disagree with and hate.......

Very wise observation on your part. Thanks.

Without asking your dog, where is Paul wrong on the constitution…?

It's one thing to talk shit, it's another to be able to back it up... Just look at Gramps in this very thread.

Without asking your dog, where is Paul wrong on the constitution…?

It's one thing to talk shit, it's another to be able to back it up... Just look at Gramps in this very thread.

That may be the problem. He or she asks their dog questions and hears answers. I'm pretty sure that's the problem. :cuckoo:

Any politician who does not understand why Iran should not have a nuke isn't fit to hold public office. Paul's foreign policy ideas are so repugnant to most people that whatever he says on domestic policy is moot. But even on domestic policy he is way outside the mainstream, even for staunch Republicans like myself.

Any politician who does not understand why Iran should not have a nuke isn't fit to hold public office. Paul's foreign policy ideas are so repugnant to most people that whatever he says on domestic policy is moot. But even on domestic policy he is way outside the mainstream, even for staunch Republicans like myself.

I actually agree, with the latter part of your post anyway. 'Staunch Republicans' are a lost cause and libertarians should never expect them express any support for a free society.

Forum List

Back