Maine

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Lobster yum
WP_20160519_029.jpg

Until yesterday ive never had true Maine lobster. I don't know where Oregon lobster come from but they're different. I tried the tamale, not a taste I like much. Tastes like mud, go figure. But it was good and we had fun dismembering it.

Until yesterday ive never had true Maine lobster. I don't know where Oregon lobster come from but they're different. I tried the tamale, not a taste I like much. Tastes like mud, go figure. But it was good and we had fun dismembering it.

Are you travelling in Maine?

Lobster's overrated. :eusa_snooty:

Lotta work for little return.
Stinks up the house for days. You have to swab the whole kitchen down with lemon water and take the shells to the dump the very next morning or you will be sorry, sorry, sorry. I know some people who use a turkey fryer and boil them outside.

fathers-day-15-camels-hump-sheep-sorrel-006.jpg

The wild blueberries are getting ready to bloom. They're bringing in the bees. I love the barrens even more than the coast.

I'll never forget this night in Kennebunkport, sitting on a deck over the port I had a dish called Lobster Au gratin(sp? :dunno:).

It was a wealth of lazy lobster in a soup of a cheesey/buttery sauce and topped with a crisp breadcrumb&butter topping.

♡♡♡

Omg we had an amazing lemon blueberry cake for dessert. I feel about crab the way Maine natives feel about lobster...i used to leave the house and eat at a friend's house when dad caught a mess and brought thwmem home. Usually, they ate them on the beach. I had hot dogs.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
♡ Maine in every way
Yuck! The cockroach of the sea.

That's crawfish.
no

"Cockroaches of the sea" is an expression of unknown origin that traditionally refers to lobsters. The bottom-feeding crustaceans, generally the blue American lobsters, have long been a staple in the North American diet, possessing a nutritious and rich flavor without the extra calories.
What Are the Cockroaches of the Sea?

Not in Sleaziana. It's crawfish.

Omg we had an amazing lemon blueberry cake for dessert. I feel about crab the way Maine natives feel about lobster...i used to leave the house and eat at a friend's house when dad caught a mess and brought thwmem home. Usually, they ate them on the beach. I had hot dogs.
Mom's dad was a lobsterman. That was what they ate when there was nothing else in the cupboard. Her grandmother had the best way of using every bit of it, though--warm the left over lobster in the skillet in a pool of butter and then crumble biscuits in and pour cream over it all and let it slowly cook 'til it gets to be a kind of pink thick mass. It sounds disgusting but it's wonderful. Poor man's Lobster Newburg.

I like my lobster with just clarified butter (I am a REAL New Englander!) :D

I would recommend steamed clams or mussels, but you may not like those as much as I do.

Dipping clam cakes in clam chowder . . . yummy!
yum.gif
This thread is making me hungry!

♡ Maine in every way
Yuck! The cockroach of the sea.

That's crawfish.
no

"Cockroaches of the sea" is an expression of unknown origin that traditionally refers to lobsters. The bottom-feeding crustaceans, generally the blue American lobsters, have long been a staple in the North American diet, possessing a nutritious and rich flavor without the extra calories.
What Are the Cockroaches of the Sea?

Not in Sleaziana. It's crawfish.
Works for me.

Forum List

Back