Maine fires teacher for supporting immigration law enforcement.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Would she be fired for saying criminals should be punished?? That's what illegals are.

Teacher fired after immigration argument with student

jan 17 2018 SANFORD, Maine (AP) — A Maine school district has fired a substitute teacher who was recorded arguing with a student about immigration.

Sanford School Department officials tell the Portland Press Herald the argument happened in an 11th grade classroom at the Sanford Regional Technical Center last week. The district fired the teacher following an investigation into the exchange.

In the video clip posted on Twitter , the student and teacher discuss a proposed wall along the U.S. border with Mexico. The substitute tells the student, “Oh, you’re getting kicked out of my country.” She later says the country has belonged to her longer and references President Donald Trump.

She should have known better than to say what she was thinking in America.
I think it went more that a bit beyond saying what she thinks, my friend. She made it very personal with the student saying HE would be kicked out. The article didn't mention whether or not he is here legally, but assuming he is because he is in school, she really crossed a big line.

I don't like it when teachers use their classrooms as a bully pulpit. FAR too many leftist teachers do so, but that doesn't mean those on the right should be able to do it, too.

If a teacher tells a student he is getting kicked out of her country then they should probably shouldn't be in a classroom. Having a factual, healthy debate is one thing. Telling a kid they are going to be deported because this country doesn't belong to him is a different matter.

Why was this thread sent packing to the 'education' board when it OBVIOUSLY has much more to do with other issues?

Forum List

Back