Maine Caucuses: Counties Ron Paul Won Were Ignored, Omitted From Final Count

Ron Paul is a sleaze bag politician...why should anyone care?

He reaps what he sows

Got any evidence to backup your words there???

He only has been delivering babies for the past 50 years. and stayed consistent with his politics ever since he was democratically elected as a representative.

Who opposed the war in Iraq??

Who opposed the Patriot Act??

Who opposed the bailouts?

Who opposed the stimulus'?

Do I need to go on?

Some sleaze eh??

I suppose he is only a sleaze when he runs with an (R) by his name..

He is a sleaze because he is trying to steal delegates from Caucus states by planting Paul supporters and having them vote Paul regardless of what the caucus voters selected

It's not stealing if it breaks no rules, fool...

How can votes for Ron Paul be omitted from the final count when there is no final count yet?

Some of the precincts vote was postponed till Feb 18th. That's this Saturday. Others havent finished reporting. There's never been a final count. The idea that there is some conspiracy against Ron Paul is absurd.

You really do a disservice to Paul when you lie like this.

NO CONSPIRACY AGAINST PAUL ??...Now, now AVA...YOUR NOSE WILL GROW !![ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws0GIKIoIY]80s *Never Tell A Lie* LDS Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Ron Paul is a sleaze bag politician...why should anyone care?

He reaps what he sows

He only has been delivering babies for the past 50 years. and stayed consistent with his politics ever since he was democratically elected as a representative.

Do I need to go on?

Some sleaze eh??

He is a sleaze because he is trying to steal delegates from Caucus states by planting Paul supporters and having them vote Paul regardless of what the caucus voters selected

Libertarians don't "plant" anything...

Apparently you don't understand the concept of classical liberalism.

I am a Left leaning centrist who believes Ron Paul is the only candidate in either party who will stand up to the special interests controlling Washington. While I disagree with him on some issues, I trust him more than Obama to stand up to the Pentagon and Big Business.

Al Gore won Florida by well over 10,000 votes.

Ron Paul has been equally disenfranchised by the same machine.

The GOP does not want Ron Paul to win. Period.

They are rigging every primary for Romney because Romney is the latest Republican promising to play ball with the Special Interests that currently own Washington.

Problem is: the average Republican Voter doesn't get it. They don't think their party could ever steal an election.

The Clintons tried to steal it from Obama. They rigged New Hampshire, and it almost worked. Everyone on the Left knew exactly what was going on. Not so the Right. They trust their politicians.

Not to derail this thread, but Al Gore never won a recount in Florida.

How can votes for Ron Paul be omitted from the final count when there is no final count yet?

Some of the precincts vote was postponed till Feb 18th. That's this Saturday. Others havent finished reporting. There's never been a final count. The idea that there is some conspiracy against Ron Paul is absurd.

NO CONSPIRACY AGAINST PAUL ??...Now, now AVA...YOUR NOSE WILL GROW !![ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws0GIKIoIY]80s *Never Tell A Lie* LDS Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Last time I checkced your nose doesnt grow if you tell the truth.

I am a Left leaning centrist who believes Ron Paul is the only candidate in either party who will stand up to the special interests controlling Washington. While I disagree with him on some issues, I trust him more than Obama to stand up to the Pentagon and Big Business.

Al Gore won Florida by well over 10,000 votes.

Ron Paul has been equally disenfranchised by the same machine.

The GOP does not want Ron Paul to win. Period.

They are rigging every primary for Romney because Romney is the latest Republican promising to play ball with the Special Interests that currently own Washington.

Problem is: the average Republican Voter doesn't get it. They don't think their party could ever steal an election.

The Clintons tried to steal it from Obama. They rigged New Hampshire, and it almost worked. Everyone on the Left knew exactly what was going on. Not so the Right. They trust their politicians.

Not to derail this thread, but Al Gore never won a recount in Florida.

I suppose if he did things would be different eh? :lol:

Last time I checkced your nose doesnt grow if you tell the truth.

The Maine GOP has said that the vote count is FINAL. Votes cast after last weekend will not be counted.

Do I need to go on?

Some sleaze eh??

Ron Paul mocks our political system and everyone who participates in State Caucuses

Sleazy in my book

According to the top dogs in Maine it does not matter if all the votes were not counted because it was only a straw vote! The real selection process to select delegates occurs later, this was just a media show put on so Maine could get a little national attention.

Of course the media by pronouncing Romney as a winner and hypothetically assigning delegates gives the impression it was real and since politics is all about impressions anymore, not sustenance, in effect the straw vote becomes real.

Ron Paul mocks our political system and everyone who participates in State Caucuses

Sleazy in my book

Dems have similiar rules that allow this so clean your own house before looking to clean elsewhere.

Playing by their rules isn't sleazy especially not when the deck is so obviously stacked against him.

According to the top dogs in Maine it does not matter if all the votes were not counted because it was only a straw vote! The real selection process to select delegates occurs later, this was just a media show put on so Maine could get a little national attention.

Of course the media by pronouncing Romney as a winner and hypothetically assigning delegates gives the impression it was real and since politics is all about impressions anymore, not sustenance, in effect the straw vote becomes real.

wow. if true, that's pretty corrupt.

OK, I'll play...so?

So do you think it's right that the Establishment GOP is doing their utmost to disenfranchise the voters of Maine in order to prop up Mitt Romney?

No. However, in the grand scheme of things, I also don't think this will have any impact on the overall outcome of the GOP primary.

No?

Paul potentially getting his first ever "win" in a primary, and having that kind of media coverage, wouldn't change things?

He almost won Minnesota, almost won Iowa, and almost won Maine. Perhaps if perception about his electability changed, those would be wins.

Getting his first ever W goes a long way towards changing the narrative that he can't win, and in states where he's polling within margin of error, that could lead to more W's.

Last edited:
It appears we may see a more complete accounting of the vote tomorrow.

The latest:
Pressure has been building on the state GOP leadership to recount the votes. Chairman Charles Webster had told the Portland Press Herald on Wednesday that he did not want to do so until the state committee met next month.

That stance may be changing. Politico reported Thursday that Maine Republican Party leaders have contacted local party officials to ask them to "reconfirm" the vote totals. A spokesman for the party could not be reached Thursday, but a statement on the caucuses will be released Friday.
Another Mitt Romney win could be undone in Maine caucuses - chicagotribune.com

Forum List

Back