Maher proves, yet again, the real racists are on the left

Why is it people on the right side of the political spectrum seem to have a bad memory when it comes to a little thing called the southern strategy?

Not exactly...Only when you ignore real numbers like this commentary below does.

Expressed as a percentage it appears to be true, but it is actually false.

In real numbers that's 46 Democrats to 27 Republicans....152 Democrats to 138 Republicans...This author is misrepresenting the facts and apparently confusing people by using percentages.
Republicans are easily confused. Either that, or they believe what they want to believe and not the truth.

You have to always be careful when you see these types of things expressed as percentages it can be very misleading, to say the least...
:eusa_angel:

The CRA vote, once again, was divided by geography, the Dems and the Pubs of the north and west generally voting for it, the Dems and the Pubs of the South overwhelmingly voting against it.

The CRA legislation was Democratic legislation that passed with the help of conscientious Republicans.

Anyone who argues that the CRA and cr victories were Republican lead and directed are (1) ignorant, (2) mentally feeble, or (3) mentally and emotionally malignant. That position is made very clear in the colleges and high schools nationally, as well it should be.

despite the fact I am white, male, sort of protestant, I have a Jewish screen name. (I had the hots for this one girl and I took a term of Hebrew in college to get next to her)

Most folks know this. But every so often I get an anti semitic slur tossed my way. It is never from the right, always from the left.

there was a big stink about what one of the prominent lefties here called Asian women recently.

This remark of Maher's is pretty consitant with the racist assumptions of the left. That blackness is defined by barely controlled violence, criminality and thuggery.

We are seeing a consistent pattern here, and it is worth noting.

despite the fact I am white, male, sort of protestant, I have a Jewish screen name. (I had the hots for this one girl and I took a term of Hebrew in college to get next to her)

Most folks know this. But every so often I get an anti semitic slur tossed my way. It is never from the right, always from the left.

there was a big stink about what one of the prominent lefties here called Asian women recently.

This remark of Maher's is pretty consitant with the racist assumptions of the left. That blackness is defined by barely controlled violence, criminality and thuggery.

Hi there, I'm reality, and I have a message for Baruch.

Ghook, Cmike, and The Rabbi are all racists. All Jewish righties too.

PI? Racist who was a neocon.

William Joyce is certainly no Liberal.

Charlie Bass (who is African American) is a Republican. Also a racist.

Namvet and Guamata or however you spell his name are another two. Though not entirely sure about Namvet. Both righties.

I could go on really. I think it's fair to say that there are racists on both sides of the political spectrum here, not just one. :thup:

[

You're a conservative yet, you did EXACTLY what I said you would? (See my four arguments LIBERALS would make)

That is was "humorous" and we should just have a sense of humor?

That was example A.

Would liberals allow that argument had a conservative said that about the president?

So conservative, yet you have the hypocrisy of a liberal?

Better check your "conservatism" again. It's being compromised by watching liberal idiots like Maher.

:lol::lol::lol:

Maher is on record - and his philosophies he has touted back him up IMO - as being a libertarian...

Don't expect TeaParty to get it. She has no ability to discount bias and replace it with objective and looking at the facts, and then analyzing them careful.

Remember knee-jerk reactionaries like TPS or those on the left are just for grins and chuckles.

Of course there are lefty-leaning racists. The presumption that "most" or "all" folks with a certain ethnicity have a certain character trait is the essence of racism. But Baruch Menachem, I saw the show you are complaining of. I didn't hear Bill Maher promoting that view of blacks...I heard him ridiculing those that hold such views. Maybe we should not even joke about racism but I think it's okay. Sometimes people learn more from humor.

It wasn't Bill Maher's Best Joke Ever, and I can see why some might not have seen it as a joke at all and been offended. But I think 99% of listeners did get the joke...how far must we all go to molly-coddle the other 1%?

Or the percent who knew it was a joke but thought it might nonetheless by a spankable opprtunity to dig about Bill Maher and those who enjoy his show?

Hi there, I'm reality, and I have a message for Baruch.

Ghook, Cmike, and The Rabbi are all racists. All Jewish righties too.

PI? Racist who was a neocon.

William Joyce is certainly no Liberal.

Charlie Bass (who is African American) is a Republican. Also a racist.

Namvet and Guamata or however you spell his name are another two. Though not entirely sure about Namvet. Both righties.

I could go on really. I think it's fair to say that there are racists on both sides of the political spectrum here, not just one. :thup:

Hey Reality, the hospital called. They said your day release is up and you need get back.

GHook, CMike and The Rabbi are racists only to idiots. Charlie isn't a racist either. Not one of these people views people of less worthy because of skin color, or less important or less 'human' due to their race. Personally, I find this obsession to label people as racists purely because one may disagree with them to be ridiculous and shameful.

Fact: There are racists in this country. They are on the left. They are on the right. They are all fucking morons.... as is anyone who uses the race card as a weapon for political gain.

Those who exploit something as an demagogic opportunity should simply be exposed for the sorry asses they are. End of story. I do get a kick out of the reactionaries still insisting they represent mainstream American when MSA laughs itself silly at their antics.

The Bass isn't racist? Oh, please...he has often posted about the superiority of blacks.

That's like saying he isn't gay.

That skit wasn't funny, and it wasn't racist. But the argument that a right wing comedian would have been labeled a racist by the media and other lefties is valid.

I can't believe this thing still has legs. :rofl:

Of course this is my favorite type of thread anyway... the kind that exposes the hypocrits on both sides.

First, anyone arguing that a joke that expoits a racial stereotype isn't foundationally racist is a fucking moron (or a liar). And secondly, people who repeatedly revile the culture of political correctness getting worked up into a lather over a harmless fucking joke, BECAUSE said joke is politically incorrect, is too god damned ironically hysterical for words.

The joke was racist, it was harmless and it was funny. Fucking deal with it pussies! :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back