Maher - Obama not a “real black president”

He did quote "A mut like me". I suppose in reference to his mixed race. I doubt he'd refer to a pure African American as a dog. Or himself as a dog for being African American. I guess he thought his white half made him a dog. This man has some deep deep personality complexes. Quite a fascinating figure in world history.

A society where race was irrelevant would be wonderful. Okay, now wake up and evaluate the history of America over the last 400 years. In the past, black people have been relegated to a position lower than that of white people, hell, a little over 150 years ago the Supreme Court ruled that even free black people in the United States were not citizens of this country. Also, the influences of past racism, discrimination, and segregation are still relevant even today. Black people in America have not yet been able to form generations of the same supportive civil institutions that white people have over the past 400 years.

Citation?
How about over the last 50 years, which is most of our life spans? If the goal, even of black activists, was for a color blind society why aren't we moving towards that? Especially now with Obama as president it makes it hard to say blacks can't achieve anything because of their skin color.

1. Dred Scott v Sanford. FindLaw | Cases and Codes

2. In Virginia in the 1960s entire public school systems shut down rather than integrate. Such a policy undoubtably has a lasting effect.

3. I dont know. Maybe black people are proud of their black heritage like many white people are to be proud of the Irish, German, Itailian, etc, etc roots.

4. Im not saying that blacks cannot achieve. I am saying that past circumstances are still relevant today for some.

Not even close to what Dred Scott held.
We aren't in the 1960s anymore. I was in school in the 1960s and I hardly remember what I learned there, much less anything about shutting down. Your unsupported assertion of "lasting effects" is absurd.
No one is saying blacks cannot be proud of being black (what they have to be proud of is another matter). But just like Germans, Jews, Irish, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc suffered discrimination but overcame it by integrating into society without special rights and privileges, so too should blacks.
Everyone's past circumstances are relevant. But if you want to posit that the reason Jamal cannot get a job after college is because his grandfather couldn't get into college then you are in fantasyland.

Limbaugh and all those cracpots actually believe what they are saying, and try to get the rest of us to believe what he does.
Not necessarily.......​

"Sanders says that privately, Limbaugh was very sensitive and caring man, but that he was furiously angry that KFBK, the top 40 radio station he worked while still in high school would not offer him a full time job.

"He was furious about that," said Sanders, "And he often told me that he was really going to show them." According to Sanders, Rush's politics at the time were somewhat middle of the road. "Rush said that he though most people are incredibly gullible, and he felt that the key to radio programming was to reach that crowd, and that it would be really, really easy. He thought he could get anyone to believe anything he said, and the more outrageous is was, the more they would believe it."

rush.jpg

Citation?
You need a citation for Dred Scott??

Are you THAT historically impotent?

I did not recognize that description as applying to Dred Scott v Sandford.
Actually I still don't since the case said nothing like what was claimed.
"Historically impotent"?? I think you mean yourself. And historically ignorant to boot.
You are pretty freaking ignorant if you didn't know that.

My business is history, Flipper.

And yes, Dred Scott said that EVEN FREE BLACK MEN WERE NOT CITIZENS.

The Dred Scott decision declared that Free Blacks could never be citizens, nor were they EVER citizens.

Limbaugh and all those cracpots actually believe what they are saying, and try to get the rest of us to believe what he does.
Not necessarily.......​

"Sanders says that privately, Limbaugh was very sensitive and caring man, but that he was furiously angry that KFBK, the top 40 radio station he worked while still in high school would not offer him a full time job.

"He was furious about that," said Sanders, "And he often told me that he was really going to show them." According to Sanders, Rush's politics at the time were somewhat middle of the road. "Rush said that he though most people are incredibly gullible, and he felt that the key to radio programming was to reach that crowd, and that it would be really, really easy. He thought he could get anyone to believe anything he said, and the more outrageous is was, the more they would believe it."

rush.jpg

The 2008 presidential election should be a case study in the extreme gullability of the American people.

You need a citation for Dred Scott??

Are you THAT historically impotent?

"Historically impotent"?? I think you mean yourself. And historically ignorant to boot.

The Dred Scott decision declared that Free Blacks could never be citizens, nor were they EVER citizens.
Your business is cleaning toilets. You are an ignoramus of the first order.

Anyway, Obama is not black in the sense that, e.g. Jesse Jackson is black. Jackson's family had a personal history of Jim Crow, possibly even slavery. Most black families in America have family memories of these events. Obama does not. He has no cultural affiliation to blacks through shared experiences and in fact identifies more with the white educational elites who inhabit universities on each coast.

Listen...........

If you were to ask the average person what a "black man" would do, they would give you some Jay Zee shit or 50 cent crap. Bling and bang, with a really nasty attitude.

It's what the movies show repeatedly.

Bill Mahr, since he's a comedian, he likes to show the differences in society. Obama acts like anything other than the stereotypical black man. Remember all those comedy skits that had Obama acting like a total ghetto thug in the White House?

Some were on Saturday Night Live.

Bill Mahr was simply referring to the fact that Obama doesn't act like a stereotypical black person, as well as illustrated why.

Because if Obama was the stereotypical black person (like some GOP'ers like to on occasion portray him, anyone remember Obama bucks) then he would have gone in and went total gangsta on BP for what they did.

You fuckers that are outraged? Get a sense of humor, and then get a life.

Anyway...
No, rectal breath, I hire people like you to clean my toilets.

Meanwhile, I work with the top museums and historical societies in the country, (who consult me) have for 20 years, and make a damn good living at it.

I wouldn't have expected you to admit you were wrong, but damn, as usual, you were. Wrong. Always.

Listen...........

If you were to ask the average person what a "black man" would do, they would give you some Jay Zee shit or 50 cent crap. Bling and bang, with a really nasty attitude.

It's what the movies show repeatedly.

Bill Mahr, since he's a comedian, he likes to show the differences in society. Obama acts like anything other than the stereotypical black man. Remember all those comedy skits that had Obama acting like a total ghetto thug in the White House?

Some were on Saturday Night Live.

Bill Mahr was simply referring to the fact that Obama doesn't act like a stereotypical black person, as well as illustrated why.

Because if Obama was the stereotypical black person (like some GOP'ers like to on occasion portray him, anyone remember Obama bucks) then he would have gone in and went total gangsta on BP for what they did.

You fuckers that are outraged? Get a sense of humor, and then get a life.

I can only imagine if a conservative Hollywood type, like Jon Voight, had made such an intellectually brilliant musing on Obama and what is expected of black men.

Anyway...

Meanwhile, I work with the top museums and historical societies in the country, (who consult me) have for 20 years, and make a damn good living at it.

I wouldn't have expected you to admit you were wrong, but damn, as usual, you were. Wrong. Always.

So in additon to being an elitist you are an ignoramus of history as well. No surprise those two go together.

Rabid Lies, you are probably one of the stupidest fuckers I've ever had the misfortune to read scrawlings of.

You stink on ice dude. So does your logic.

Anyway...

So in additon to being an elitist you are an ignoramus of history as well. No surprise those two go together.
The only one that proved they were an ignoramus was you. Your posts are there for all to see.

Want to tell us again how the Dred Scott decision (which you didn't seem to even know about, and you required a 'citation.' lol)) did NOT proclaim Free Blacks non citizens?

The only one that proved they were an ignoramus was you. Your posts are there for all to see.

Want to tell us again how the Dred Scott decision (which you didn't seem to even know about, and you required a 'citation.' lol)) did NOT proclaim Free Blacks non citizens?
Why don't you quote the relevant parts of the decision so everyone can see how ignorant you are?

Why don't you quote the relevant parts of the decision so everyone can see how ignorant you are?
Seeing you are too stooopid to read it yourself and too dimwitted to understand it, I will:

Not for you, cause I'm sure you can't grasp it, but at least some of the other readers here can:

"Taney also denied that blacks could ever be citizens of the United States, rhetorically declaring:
The question is simply this: Can a negro, whose ancestors were imported into this country, and sold as slaves, become a member of the political community formed and brought into existence by the Constitution of the United States, and as such become entitled to all the rights, and privileges, and immunities, guarantied by that instrument to the citizen? One of which rights is the privilege of suing in a court of the United States in the cases specified in the Constitution.
Ignoring the right of free black men (in most of the northern states, as well as North Carolina) to vote at the time of the ratification of the Constitution, Taney declared that African-Americans
are not included, and were not intended to be included, under the word ‘citizens’ in the Constitution, and can therefore claim none of the rights and privileges which the instrument provides and secures to citizens of the United States. On the contrary, they were at that time [1787–1788] considered as a subordinate and inferior class of beings who had been subjugated by the dominant race, and, whether emancipated or not, yet remained subject to their authority, and had no rights or privileges but such as those who held the power and Government might choose to grant them.
According to Taney blacks were “so far inferior, that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect.”

//law.jrank.org/

Shoulda told that dipshit Rabid Lies to do his own fucking homework PaperView.

I bet the only reason the fucker got a diploma is because he threatened to beat up nerds if they didn't do his homework.

That same nasty attitude shows through in his adulthood.

Forum List

Back