Magnificent Seven Remake

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This feels like it would feel if they remade The Godfather or Citizen Kane or The Ten Commandments.

Why, motherfuckers? Why?!?

Salt in the wound: A remake of House of the Rising Sun on the soundtrack.

What...the...fuck?!?

Hollywood can't seem to find new scripts.

I've seen movies in the last 20+ years that I first saw as silent.

God forbid studios make old movies watchable. They might accidentally throw in good acting and realistic effects.

It's more like remaking Brokeback Mountain, and throwing a black guy in there.

God forbid studios make old movies watchable. They might accidentally throw in good acting and realistic effects.
That's what they should do. But they rarely re-make a classic movie that's better than the original.

One does immediately come to mind, though: 'A Perfect Murder' starring Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow is better than Hitchcock's 'Dial M For Murder'.

That's what they should do. But they rarely re-make a classic movie that's better than the original.

One does immediately come to mind, though: 'A Perfect Murder' starring Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow is better than Hitchcock's 'Dial M For Murder'.

However Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow are no match for Ray Milland and Grace Kelly, for one thing, Paltrow in a million years could never be as effortlessly elegant as Grace Kelly.

Old Boy with Josh Brolin wasn't bad.

I have nothing against Douglas and Paltrow, and I'm not sure if I saw the movie.

But I find it hard to believe they could have done a better job than Kelly, Cummings and Milland

I think the problem is, if you look at movies from that era, they pacing is much too slow for modern audiences. We want out action fast paced and our characters simple.

Lots of reasons for this. One is that movies are an international effort now. They need something that will easily translate to foreign audiences.

Yul Brynner was the shizzle. And that is all. Dad is bad there is no other. This is one of my favorite all time movies. There is a small .........tiny.........part of me that wants to see this so they better not screw it up.

Forum List

Back