Magical Thinking Disguised As Gun Control

12. When it comes to gun control and prevention of mass shootings, Democrats/Liberals are as trustworthy as they are as usual.

For context, I recommend Schweizer’s book
“Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy “

Do these Democrat demagogues…..er, lawmakers walk the walk….or only talk the talk….
See how many of them have “Gun Free Zone” signs in front of their homes.

Nah…..instead, they want to make the whole nation a Gun Free Zone.

13. For Democrats/Liberals, it’s either hypocrisy, or….

Magical thinking is the belief that one's own thoughts, wishes, or desires can influence the external world. ... Magical thinking is also colloquially used to refer more broadly to mystical, magicalthoughts, such as the belief in Santa Claus, supernatural entities, and miraculous occurrences.Mar 24, 2016"
Magical Thinking - GoodTherapy
Magical Thinking

Congress....535 members.

The police force that keeps 535 members of congress safe....2,100 officers.........

I wonder if that's the reason that 17 of those members weren't killed.......

Could be.

14. Now....if we accept the reality....
"Over 98% of mass shootings occurred on gun-free zones, research shows"
....and we refuse to allow Democrats to use the lives of schoolchildren as a political football....

...let's get down to business:

"Let’s say we want the bare minimum, just enough to pass the safety requirement for gun ownership. In Maryland, there’s a company that will charge you $100 for that training. The cost, then, would be about $71.8 million for all of our teachers.

.....more robust training means that the cost for our 718,000 teachers spikes to $718 million. There would almost certainly be some efficiencies of scale that would come into play here — systems would be developed to train teachers quickly and at less cost — but the figure would still likely run into the hundreds of millions of dollars."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ming-americas-schools/?utm_term=.296687096db3

WHAT?????

That's it????????

Here's a place to start:
"...the nearly $450 million spent annually on National Public Radio, the Public Broadcasting Network and a number of small regional public radio and TV networks would disappear."
Trump Budget Has Public Broadcasting in a Fight for its Life

Here's another 'donation'...
"...Planned Parenthood receives approximately $500 million a year in taxpayer funds, as a GAO report indicated last year."
How Much of Your Tax Money Does Planned Parenthood Get? A New Report Will Tell You | LifeNews.com

What the heck are we waiting for???????

If more guns make us safer, we should have the lowest murder rate in the world. We certainly have the highest number of civilian owned guns. Care to explain that one?

First...as more Americans own and carry guns.....over 21 years our crime rates dropped....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Even you aren't dumb enough to claim that more guns is the only reason our crime rate has dropped.

You're grabbing straws there Dumbo. Concentrate on what is actually said instead of what you wish would have been said. You can't change reality just by saying something different..

You said I have been spewing crap.

You said that after I posted 2 times in reply to you.

The main points of those two replies I posted were

Half of all murders occur in 2% of all the counties in the US

and

Most murders are criminals killing other criminals

I take it those 2 statements were a major part of the "crap I am spouting"

So refute them and stop being such a pussy by avoiding my question

The major part of your post had nothing to do with the question I asked. Your attempt to change the subject was crap.

Of course it did.

You asked why we have so many murders.

I gave facts regarding the number of murders and where and by whom most murders are committed

Now do you refute those facts or not?

I didn't ask ho many murders we have, where, or by whom. My question was quite simple. If more guns mean less crime, why does the country with the most civilian gun ownership in the world have such a high murder rate? More guns doesn't mean less crime.

Britain banned guns and has more crime than we do.....dumbass........and as we own and carry guns, our gun crime rate has gone down, Britain and Australia's are going up.....

Did Briton forget to send you a valentine when you were a kid? Their gun death rate is amazing. We should be more like them.

You said I have been spewing crap.

You said that after I posted 2 times in reply to you.

The main points of those two replies I posted were

Half of all murders occur in 2% of all the counties in the US

and

Most murders are criminals killing other criminals

I take it those 2 statements were a major part of the "crap I am spouting"

So refute them and stop being such a pussy by avoiding my question

The major part of your post had nothing to do with the question I asked. Your attempt to change the subject was crap.

Of course it did.

I gave facts regarding the number of murders and where and by whom most murders are committed

I didn't ask ho many murders we have, where, or by whom. My question was quite simple. If more guns mean less crime, why does the country with the most civilian gun ownership in the world have such a high murder rate? More guns doesn't mean less crime.

Britain banned guns and has more crime than we do.....dumbass........and as we own and carry guns, our gun crime rate has gone down, Britain and Australia's are going up.....

Did Briton forget to send you a valentine when you were a kid? Their gun death rate is amazing. We should be more like them.

Yes.....you focus on the death rate because their criminals don't use their guns to murder people as often as our criminals do....

Their gun crime rate keeps going up......their gun murder rate did not change after the gun confiscation....but you try to hide the truth that their gun control laws didn't work by citing a stat that has no bearing on their gun control law failures.....

Here is the truth...again......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

Of course it did.

Yes.....you focus on the death rate because their criminals don't use their guns to murder people as often as our criminals do....

Their gun crime rate keeps going up......their gun murder rate did not change after the gun confiscation....but you try to hide the truth that their gun control laws didn't work by citing a stat that has no bearing on their gun control law failures.....

Here is the truth...again......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html
Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

You really need to make up your mind. Either the smaller amount of guns in circulation doesn't help keep a low gun death rate, like you claim for England, or it does.

15. Now....here's a shocker....well, shocking if one hadn't studied history:
The Chinese Communists and the Democrat Party on the very same page, once again-

"Chinese paper says U.S. should learn from China, restrict guns, protect rights
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - The United States should learn from China and “genuinely” protect human rights by restricting gun ownership, an editorial in a widely read state-run Chinese newspaper said on Friday.
The editorial in the Global Times newspaper was published after a massacre at a high school in Florida last week, in which 17 students and staff were killed, reignited a long-running debate about gun control in the United States.

Gun violence is rare in China because private gun ownership is restricted.

The Global Times, a hawkish news outlet run by the ruling Communist Party’s top propaganda organ, the People’s Daily, called it “inhumane” to turn a blind eye to gun violence...

“The U.S. has no other choice but to adopt gun control. The right of life is the most fundamental (of) human rights. The right to bear arms cannot overpower the individual’s right to live,” the Global Times editorial said."

Chinese paper says U.S. should learn from China, restrict guns,...

Let's see.....that's the Democrat Party, CNN, and the Chinese Communist Party.
Which doesn't belong?

Just kiddin'....they all belong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back