Maggie Mae thinks illiteracy is genetic.

moe-berg-big-league-playing-card.jpg

Good man at short

Last edited:
What a doof.

Yeah, you really are. Cause smart people would state their reasonings. This is how 6 years olds argue, but I know, you don't care how dumb you look, that's apparent.

As mentioned, intelligence is genetic, and could play a role. But I really don't know what her real argument was as I know you are famous for making shit up and twisting someone's point to be trollish loser

Yeah. That's what the links and quotes are all about. Me twisting things.

:cuckoo:

☭proletarian☭;2194104 said:
First off, what carts are you talking about? You made three posts in here, all calling other's stupid or moron.

YOu look really stupid when you claim I'm not smart and take shots at me when all you do is add "partly" to it and act like what I said was totally wrong. Of course nothing is always completely solely based on genetics, its the nature-nurture argument

http://www.loni.ucla.edu/~thompson/PDF/TT_ARN05.pdf
Take shots at my intelligence all you want, my college education and my current career says otherwise, regardless of what some jealous fools have to say on a message board
If you were as educated and intelligent as you claim, you'd not be so foolish as to conflate the two. ;)

My charts are in the first thread Allie made. 'tis hard to tell the two apart.

You made an absolute statement. Own it. You were wrong. Man up.

Nope, did nothing of the sort, you interpreted it as an absolute statement

Plus, what I said wasn't wrong

has been shown highly heritable across many studies. We argue that these genetic links are partly mediated by brain structure
that is likewise under strong genetic control.

Except Maggie didn't say intelligence was genetic.

She said ILLITERACY was GENETIC in BLACKS.

Get your facts straight before you look more foolish than you already do.

Possibly. Though lots and lots of people with dyslexia are decidely well educated. Lots of doctors have dyslexia, many scholars are.

But it doesn't matter. Maggie Mae, the moron, didn't say "dyslexia is genetic". The buffoon said "illiteracy in black people is genetic."

Which has to be one of the most profoundly 1. racist, and 2. IDIOTIC, statements of the decade.

And I know all about dyslexia. ;)

So I see some of what she says because you copied it. First, I said "theoretically" ignorance could become genetically passed on, but of course AssieBabble intentionally misquoted me.

Now I'll ask some questions:

What about the couple who desperately wants a child to have a specific genetic profile with regard to looks AND intelligence? They go to a sperm bank and read resumes so that they can be better assured they'll get the perfect baby. Must be sperm banks put some measure of confidence in the fact that the sperm of a good looking man who also has a Ph.D in something would be a better choice than a good looking man who was a garbage collector.

What of religious beliefs that are passed on from generation to generation? How often do people switch from Catholic to Jewish? Religious preference is a mental conditioning that eventually becomes a genetic trait.

What about people who appear to be born evil? (And we know they exist...) Isn't that a genetic defect?

How about parents who beat their children? Hasn't research shown that they themselves were beaten as children? Again, is this not a genetic trait?

How often have you heard someone say "He inherited his father's temper"??

There is simply no question in my mind that one inherits a genetic code by association over time. It seems inconceivable that we would ONLY inherit physical tendencies. I don't mind a civil debate on this topic with anyone else, but I refuse to respond to someone who is apparently on a rampage on the subject for some weird reason.

literacy is an acquired skill, therefore not inherited. but the prerequisites to be able to acquire this skill ARE genetically passed along. intelligence is markedly genetic in nature. personal disposition towards enjoying reading is also a genetic trait but not necessarily passed from generation to generation. and finally culture puts a certain value on literacy. culture typically puts high value on things its people do well and less value on things its people don't excel at, principally by example. in this way culture actually affects genetics, as well as genetics affecting culture.

the strands of nature versus nurture are highly intertwined but nature is the dominant factor. as per adoption studies.

What a doof.

In a sense, she's right.. If parents are illiterate, don't get help for themselves, and don't take the time with their kids and begin teaching them to read early on, teachers are going to have that much more of a problem, and the kid's going to be more prone to following in the footsteps of his/her parents...

Like it a not, you are a product of your surroundings. It's whether or not you have the drive, or the want to leave those surroundings, and advance further that dictates where you end up in life.

What a doof.

In a sense, she's right.. If parents are illiterate, don't get help for themselves, and don't take the time with their kids and begin teaching them to read early on, teachers are going to have that much more of a problem, and the kid's going to be more prone to following in the footsteps of his/her parents...

Like it a not, you are a product of your surroundings. It's whether or not you have the drive, or the want to leave those surroundings, and advance further that dictates where you end up in life.
That's enviromental, not genetics.

She's not 'right in a sense'- she said that your parents not knowing how to read directly led to a genetic mutation rendering you incapable of reading.

But far be it from you to know what you're babbling about.

☭proletarian☭;2200621 said:
What a doof.

She's not 'right in a sense'- she said that your parents not knowing how to read directly led to a genetic mutation rendering you incapable of reading.

It's a given that environmental factors eventually lead to a change in physical factors. Chimpanzees, our closest primal relative, still have a great many more genes related to the sense of smell, because they're still primates, but humans have lost many of those olfactory genes because we don't need them to forage for berries. It's absolutely ridiculous to completely discount the fact that mental capabilities also change through evolution.

First off, environmental factors do not lead to a change in physical factors between generations. Mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift do.

Secondly, Chimps are not our closest primate relatives. Like everything else you got out of The Bell Curve, your information is far out if date.

Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thirdly, humans are still primates.

In conclusion: are you simple?

☭proletarian☭;2200789 said:
First off, environmental factors do not lead to a change in physical factors between generations. Mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift do.
Looks like a bit of a back-pedal after all. Just the other day, you refused to acknowledge that genes could be altered at all.

Secondly, Chimps are not our closest primate relatives. Like everything else you got out of The Bell Curve, your information is far out if date.
Well whatever. Some marsupian. Does that part really matter. Okay. Score One for you. :lol: Happy?

Oh my, if only I was as brilliant as you. Why aren't you out making seven figures somewhere instead of posting nonstop on an old message board? I'm jealous.

Just the other day, you refused to acknowledge that genes could be altered at all.
What're you babbling about? Do a Google search for the many discussions I've been involved in on this very forum pertaining to evolution.

And did you just say bonobos are marsupials?

You sound about as informed regarding evolution as Ray 'Banana Man' comfort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a bit of a back-pedal after all. Just the other day, you refused to acknowledge that genes could be altered at all.

Well whatever. Some marsupian. Does that part really matter. Okay. Score One for you. :lol: Happy?

Oh my, if only I was as brilliant as you. Why aren't you out making seven figures somewhere instead of posting nonstop on an old message board? I'm jealous.

:eek: I just realized I called monkeys marsupials. OMG, will the PRO ever leave me alone after that? I'm sure he's having an orgasm about now.

What a doof.

Well, that is cultural, not Genetic. One can argue all day about what has gone wrong with American culture in general, and the way folks in poverty respond to their situation. But culture isn't genes. And folks like me, Jillian and Alli here get all bent out of shape with the confusion. Culture can be fixed by evangelism. The solution to gentic problems is quite different. It is a very important distinction. We don't want to go to where we fix culture problems with genetic tools.

:eek: I just realized I called monkeys marsupials. OMG, will the PRO ever leave me alone after that? I'm sure he's having an orgasm about now.

You get a freebie on that one. You caught it first.

☭proletarian☭;2200864 said:
Evolution wouldn't select for stupidity...:lol:

It's uncertain whether intelligence has any long term advantage.

Idiocracy Intro - LiveVideo.com

If it did, my pos ex wouldn't still be among the living.

Dumb idiots have one advantage...their tiny little brains are encased in many inches of incredibly dense bone, which makes them EXCEEDINGLY difficult to kill.

Don't ask me how I know.

Actually, I did

I just had to go back and fix Comfort's name ;)

☭proletarian☭;2200621 said:
What a doof.

Dis said:
Hi, you have received -197 reputation points from Dis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Replying with nothing but insults? Fuck off.

Regards,
Dis

Note: This is an automated message.

:lol:

Pointing out what someone said and why it's wrong- and your misrepresentation of it- isn't an insult. It stating the facts.

Forum List

Back