MAGA

I remember a time when all stations did that.

They'd play it, then show this.

th

My mom said that Dad was so excited the day they brought home their first tv that he sat down with a bag of oreos and watched the test pattern.

Will playing the magic song create more liberty?
Songs don't create Liberty. God created Liberty.

Patriots just enable and defend it.
Well, I don't have anything against it. The National Anthem still sends a little thrill up my spine. Every time.
It doesn't mean I have weaponized it, though, the way you have.

Well, I don't have anything against it. The National Anthem still sends a little thrill up my spine. Every time.
I have heard and read the term "weaponized" a lot lately. What, exactly, does "weaponized" mean?

I have heard and read the term "weaponized" a lot lately. What, exactly, does "weaponized" mean?
Using the National Anthem to punish people, deride and slander people. Those who do not feel politically inclined to kow tow to it have that right in this country. There are a lot of political opinions in this country I don't agree with either, but I don't say they should lose their jobs or call them names because they don't take off their hat or salute the National Anthem.

If you wish to live in this country permanently, then you should appreciate and respect the freedom that was fought for. That is not weaponizing anything.
What of others that do exactly that, such as those that refuse to stand, etc, are they not weaponizing their disdain for our country through the National Anthem?

Using the National Anthem to punish people, deride and slander people. Those who do not feel politically inclined to kow tow to it have that right in this country. There are a lot of political opinions in this country I don't agree with either, but I don't say they should lose their jobs or call them names because they don't take off their hat or salute the National Anthem.

As you note, there are many varied opinions in this country. We are all privileged to be here because we should all be able to express those opinions without fear of censure. Just as some express their opinions by not removing their hats, or kneeling when the Anthem is played, others have an equal right to express their opposition to those not kneeling, removing headgear, etc. Opinions might include demands for some action or response to occur. As long as the actions demanded do not require violence, no censure of any opinions should occur.
I am unclear just how playing the National Anthem punishes, derides, or slanders people. Can you provide some examples of the Anthem is used to accomplish those actions?

That is a good point, as well. Such actions, or expressions of opinion, are offensive to others and might be viewed by the offended as "weapons" used to insult, demean, or punish people with whom they disagree.
If you wish to live in this country permanently, then you should appreciate and respect the freedom that was fought for. That is not weaponizing anything.
What of others that do exactly that, such as those that refuse to stand, etc, are they not weaponizing their disdain for our country through the National Anthem?

Like any of you will tune in to hear it.
Exactly! In between the time when it's not playing they'll be shitting on the rule of law, the Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights.

Only ones who’ve weaponized the anthem are those who publicly piss on it.

Forum List

Back