CDZ MAGA? I thought America WAS great. When did we stop being great?

alang1216

Pragmatist
Jun 21, 2014
Virginia
We're still great but we really bruised ourselves after 9/11/2001. That was a tipping point into a period of decline for the USA. After 9/11 we had 2 wars, turned Iran into a regional superpower, enabled the rise of ISIS, and embarrassed ourselves with gitmo and abu grabe. Bad times.

i figure that the USA has been going down hill since the mid 60s Alang !!

We're still great but we really bruised ourselves after 9/11/2001. That was a tipping point into a period of decline for the USA. After 9/11 we had 2 wars, turned Iran into a regional superpower, enabled the rise of ISIS, and embarrassed ourselves with gitmo and abu grabe. Bad times.

Two terms of a Democrat, two of a half-Democrat, then two of another Democrat - globalists all - coupled with the voluntary unmasking of the Democratic Party as neo-Communist (long suspected) following Al Gore's loss really fucked us up.

I see just the opposite. In the 60's we broke out of the 50's conformity and discrimination into an era of openness and inclusion. I recall the 60's fondly, as a kid I grew up with the Beatles and really believed we were building a better world. We seem to have lost that optimism.

I see just the opposite. In the 60's we broke out of the 50's conformity and discrimination into an era of openness and inclusion. I recall the 60's fondly, as a kid I grew up with the Beatles and really believed we were building a better world. We seem to have lost that optimism.
---------------------------------------------- i've never concerned myself with building a better 'world' , my only concern has only ever been the USA . I think that the USA was best from the end of ww2 when my parents generation took over . They were born in the 20s , fought and survived ww2 and after that it was upwards and onwards . I [born in 49] inherited some of my parents world but things started going to hell in the mid 60s in my opinion Alang .

We hadn't had a decent leader since Reagan...until now.

Hate America First’ers think America wasn’t great any anymore until Trump became president.

thanks , yeah , pretty much agree with you Faun . But hey , TRUMP is Great for at least 4 years and then another 4 so he will get things pretty good in my opinion Faun .

America is great because America is good.

---------------------------------------------- i've never concerned myself with building a better 'world' , my only concern has only ever been the USA . I think that the USA was best from the end of ww2 when my parents generation took over . They were born in the 20s , fought and survived ww2 and after that it was upwards and onwards . I [born in 49] inherited some of my parents world but things started going to hell in the mid 60s in my opinion Alang .
I guess I've always viewed the US as part of the world. Our parents inherited a great country and built it into a world power after WWII. Our generation opened up America to ALL Americans (or at least tried to). I recall the racism of my father and don't see any of it in my kids. There is still a lot of racism, just read some of the more outrageous USMB posts, but it is no longer acceptable. I seems the era of misogyny may also be coming to an end. The US has certainly changed in my lifetime but it is still great and may in fact getting even better in spite of Trump.

Do you know where "America is great because America is good." came from?

Hmm?
I do now. It is usually attributed to de Tocqueville but is not found in his works. The apparent source: a 1941 book on religion and the American dream. It was used in an Eisenhower campaign speech in 1952 and President Reagan used it in a 1982.

MAGA? I thought America WAS great.

I think it still is great; however, whether it will be in Trump's wake remains to be seen.

I mean really. The man has yet to, after becoming POTUS, pay so much as a courtesy visit to the UK, the U.S. most ardent ally and he willfully "picked a fight" with the Brits. Why would any POTUS do both of those things?

Last edited:
MAGA? I thought America WAS great.

I think it still is great; however, whether it will be in Trump's wake remains to be seen.

I mean really. The man has yet to, after becoming POTUS, pay so much as a courtesy visit to the UK, the U.S. most ardent ally and he willfully "picked a fight" with the Brits. Why would any POTUS do both of those things?

They don't want him. Mass protests. I am fine with him not going there: let them come over here. We don't have to pay courtesy calls, do apology tours like Obama did!

Besides, I am in favor of us cold-shouldering the British the next time they decide yet again that it is somehow a GOOD idea to fight with Germans. They only make up to us so we'll provide the cannon fodder, money, and munitions for all their European wars. I'm pretty tired of that and don't want this country to be the dog wagged by England's tail any longer.

I said earlier that America started to decline 9/11/2001, but I am rethinking that --- it was earlier, when we went into Vietnam pointlessly and lost that war. We've lost pretty much every war since, except Clinton's one against Serbia and Reagan's against Grenada. (Grenada??!? Their soldiers surrendered at once; their nutmeg trees fought on for longer.) The decline has been continual since Vietnam. No country can survive losing a lot of wars, again and again.

Uncontrolled immigrations is how Rome fell, of course, and both the USA and Europe are falling for that reason, barbarians crowding in and taking over, high crime, looting of cities. Homogeneity of populations is what makes a strong nation, but we no longer have that and are declining precipitately. Too bad, but there it is. War is coming.

I said earlier that America started to decline 9/11/2001, but I am rethinking that --- it was earlier, when we went into Vietnam pointlessly and lost that war. We've lost pretty much every war since, except Clinton's one against Serbia and Reagan's against Grenada. (Grenada??!? Their soldiers surrendered at once; their nutmeg trees fought on for longer.) The decline has been continual since Vietnam.

Uncontrolled immigrations is how Rome fell, of course, and both the USA and Europe are falling for that reason, barbarians crowding in and taking over, high crime, looting of cities. Homogeneity of populations is what makes a strong nation, but we no longer have that and are declining precipitately. Too bad, but there it is. War is coming.

I must agree, unfortunately.

Also, we don't lose. We refuse to win, for either PC's or profits' sake.

I guess I've always viewed the US as part of the world. Our parents inherited a great country and built it into a world power after WWII. Our generation opened up America to ALL Americans (or at least tried to). I recall the racism of my father and don't see any of it in my kids. There is still a lot of racism, just read some of the more outrageous USMB posts, but it is no longer acceptable. I seems the era of misogyny may also be coming to an end. The US has certainly changed in my lifetime but it is still great and may in fact getting even better in spite of Trump.
racism exist on both sides
my father wasn't racist...he was polite to all
..in some people's minds, racism is equal to telling the truth
the racism word has been used so much, it means nothing now--in fact, it adds to the problem
perfect, very recent example:
Mother of H&M race row child model speaks out | Daily Mail Online
Swedish parents of the H&M race row child speak out | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I said earlier that America started to decline 9/11/2001, but I am rethinking that --- it was earlier, when we went into Vietnam pointlessly and lost that war. We've lost pretty much every war since, except Clinton's one against Serbia and Reagan's against Grenada. (Grenada??!? Their soldiers surrendered at once; their nutmeg trees fought on for longer.) The decline has been continual since Vietnam. No country can survive losing a lot of wars, again and again.

---------------------------------------------------- probably nasty of me to say but i want to see the millenial hip hop types and their kids lose it all . USA , best country in the world for the years that i and my parents generation experienced it . Thats 2 generations since 1920 and about 100 years living in the USA and the current generation of traitor types deserve to lose it all . ---------------------------- just my thoughts and comment .

The meat puppet faggot certainly did bring us down a few pegs, but I believe Trump will erase most of his damage as well as some of Bush/Clinton's damage.

The entire left wing of the world has lost whatever it used for a mind.

Forum List

Back